PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve holding pressure after tank is removed

Geoff Call
01-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Normally I'd be answering questions like this but I'm a little dumbfounded.

About 2 weeks ago my mag started to hold pressure after I removed the air source. I'm not quite sure what to do about this. I've tried replacing my secondary regulator in the valve, replaced several o-rings, and tried different methods of taking the tank off, all without success. In order to release the pressure and get the valve out, I have to remove the trigger frame and push the bolt forward until the air vents and the on/off pin can be pushed in without it coming back out.

When air is on the marker it shoots fine, the level 10 is properly tuned with the medium spring, 2 shims and the proper carrier. I have no leaks and no bolt stick.

I'd appreciate any help offered, and you don't have to talk down because I'm pretty knowledgeable about the marker so you can get technical. If any more info is needed please let me know and I'll be glad to list it.

Thanks,

Geoff Call

Geoff Call
01-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Was a bad regulator seat o-ring.

warpspyder
01-18-2006, 04:45 PM
I really don't know, but I know my e-mag keeps roughly one shot worth in the valve after I remove the tank. I thought I remember they're supposed to do something like this. Then again I am an idiot :tard: . Maybe somebody that actually knows what they're talking about will come in here, unlike myself.

ThePixelGuru
01-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Mine seems to hold some pressure, enough for at least a partial shot, and after that, enough to give some return to the trigger but not enough to push the bolt forward. Then i always take the valve out slowly, because sometimes the on/off pops out when I do that. I'm careful to let it pop out a little into the rail so vents and it doesn't fly off, then just push it in after. Just somthing I do every day after playing, it's never bugged me.

Should that not happen, though? I've got no idea.

Geoff Call
01-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Well in theory they should hold a shot in the air chamber if the gun has been cycled once. the on/off will hold air from going in and the lvl10 will hold air from going out. My problem was there wasn't enough pressure to release the bolt and fire that air out, but enough pressure to keep the valve from coming out.

I found that holding the trigger down when taking the tank off keeps this from happening, but its still not normal for my mag to do this. I normally have 1 o-ring more than anybody else in my mag but thats my secret:) anyhow she works fine now.

Let me know what y'all think.

Thanks.

blamtro
01-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Care to share your secret?

geekwarrior
01-19-2006, 02:11 PM
what type of on/off do you have? when i had my twist on/of, twisting it on would always release the pressure, but lately i've just had the duckbill on, and it holds the pressure in there till i fire it off (1 shot)

Geoff Call
01-19-2006, 02:31 PM
I use a function push button on/off but the line wasn't holding pressure.

Can't share my secret:)

Kyle.Kimber
01-20-2006, 09:46 PM
One time my gun went off after I removed the tank. Quite frankly, it scared the hell outta me. :rofl: