PDA

View Full Version : NYX vs LED vs LCD Matrix

temps
01-17-2006, 05:55 PM
They have 3 matrix's on sale at the pro shop

600 for the NYX, 500 for the LCD, and 400 for the LED (canadian)

What is the difference between the 3 and what do you think is the best deal??

temps
01-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Anyone? are the differences internals? the boards? what?? the triggers on the LCD and LED feeled the same.. didnt try the nyx..

slade
01-17-2006, 09:11 PM
/waits for magman007 to post

i dont know too much about older matrices (even though i have one), but... the differences between the led and lcd are the board, and from those to the NYX is the board, milling, and maybe regs. it may have eyes, i know the LED and LCD do not. the bolts are most likely the same, although they could be upgraded. your best bet would be to ask your shop to go over the differences, and ask if any of them are upgraded (i take it they arent being sold new...)

im also guessing you cant/wont buy online, because you could find much better deals.

rkjunior303
01-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Why would you pay $600 for a NYX OLD STYLE MATRIX when you can find DM4's all day long for under that?

slade
01-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Why would you pay $600 for a NYX OLD STYLE MATRIX when you can find DM4's all day long for under that?
well, 1) its canadian and 2) im guessing he for some reason cant buy online... either that or he has a lucky store owner. but quiet. if this deal falls through, i might be getting a dm4. :ninja:

cdacda13
01-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Internals- They might be different. They might be the same. Matrix bolts are commonly upgraded. There are many choices.

Eyes- The NYX and LCD should have eyes. The LED shouldn't. (unless they were added by TMC)

Banshee23
01-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Is the LCD a Gen-X or DYE? If it's a Gen-X model then it doesn't have eyes, if it's a DYE then it does. The NYX comes with eyes and the eggi board installed which is faster than the stock one that comes in the LCD. But I wouldn't buy any one of those unless they had upgrades on em, i.e. Tadao or an upgraded bolt or something. If you could get the NYX for say $500 canadian it wouldn't be so bad, you could just change out the chip on the eggi board for a Tadao one for $65 US and you'd have a nice gun. If you really want a trix look around the user marker forums, you can find them with Tadao boards & other upgrades already installed for under $400 US.

magman007
01-18-2006, 03:33 PM
the nyx out of these incarnations should be the best in stock form. Eyes, egi board, image bolt kit

the kcd has image bolt kit, and lcd board

the led is just led board, and older, less efficient image bolt kit, unless it has been upgraded.

temps
01-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the posts :)

Just to clear some things up these are not used, they are just older guns that didnt sell and now they put them on special. I dont have a problem buying second hand although I prefer to buy from someone where we can meet somewhere and I can view the marker before I buy it so I know i'm not getting screwed.

and what I gather from the posts, unless the nyx has eyes and I can get them to drop the price a bit to keep looking for a better deal.

speedyejl
01-18-2006, 07:47 PM
This thread makes me sad, very.

Get the NYX $600 CAD is a decent deal, for a new gun. They're really great guns, just as fast as a stock DM6. Get a Virtue Chip for it and Evolve Bolt and you'll have an insane gun. Just as fast as anything else and very good on air.

Banshee23
01-19-2006, 12:25 AM
Yeah but if he adds on a Tadao chip & evolve bolt he's looking at another $190 CAD which makes it waaaaay too expensive for that marker. Especially when you can find used NYX's with those upgrades on them + more for less than $500 US. This route would cost him around $700 US