PDA

View Full Version : xmag

snoopay700
01-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey, just to clear this up for me (i've looked and haven't found an exact answer) why was the x-mag discontinued? I heard it was around the time SP started that whole lawsuit thing or whatever, so was that it, because i don't see why that would make agd stop producing the x-mag and not the emag.

Banshee23
01-18-2006, 03:12 PM
It simply wasn't cost effective for them to do so. The bodies in particular were expensive and not terribly easy to get as they were manufactured by AGD-E. It would have been easier if AGD could have produced them stateside but AGD-E held the rights for the bodies I believe so this wasn't possible without paying a licencing fee to do so. I'm sure the threat of an SP lawsuit also didn't make things easier, although it wasn't the main reason.

snoopay700
01-18-2006, 03:19 PM
It simply wasn't cost effective for them to do so. The bodies in particular were expensive and not terribly easy to get as they were manufactured by AGD-E. It would have been easier if AGD could have produced them stateside but AGD-E held the rights for the bodies I believe so this wasn't possible without paying a licencing fee to do so. I'm sure the threat of an SP lawsuit also didn't make things easier, although it wasn't the main reason.
Oh, ok, that makes sense. I was going to say if it was the sp thing why are they still making emags. Thanks for clearing that up.

slade
01-18-2006, 03:20 PM
its already time for the years new members to make this post?

snoopay700
01-18-2006, 03:24 PM
its already time for the years new members to make this post?
Oh ha ha ha, i just wasn't sure about why they discontinued it because i hadn't heard nything and i couldn't find anything.