PDA

View Full Version : Colin from Deadlywind

k0m0d067
01-18-2006, 09:35 PM
Hello, I am trying to reach Colin, from deadlywind...i've emailed him a couple times over the last 6 months, but have never heard back from him.

I am working on a project, and have been told that he has completed the same project some time ago, so i need his advice/input...

Does anyone else know how to get a message to him? I could always resort to the telephone, but my questions could get a bit technical, and drawn out, so i'd rather save the long distance charges, and do it thru a text based medium...

Does he frequent this site much? any help would be greatly appreciated...

AGDlover
01-18-2006, 10:26 PM
PM me i have his componey #

11 Bravo
01-18-2006, 11:11 PM
If you are trying to contact him about the Hair Trigger, I would guess he is trying to avoid you.

k0m0d067
01-19-2006, 06:59 AM
AGDlover-thanks, but i can get deadlywind's phone number from the website, but as i mentioned, i would like to try to avoid the long distance charges...that will become my last resort...

and Bravo? was that some sort of "dig" at him? if it is, i'd rather not have posts like that in here if you don't mind...if he ever DOES come to this forum, he'd be more likely to help me if the thread i started didn't become full of people badmouthing him...k?

jdev
01-19-2006, 09:21 AM
AGDlover-thanks, but i can get deadlywind's phone number from the website, but as i mentioned, i would like to try to avoid the long distance charges...that will become my last resort...

and Bravo? was that some sort of "dig" at him? if it is, i'd rather not have posts like that in here if you don't mind...if he ever DOES come to this forum, he'd be more likely to help me if the thread i started didn't become full of people badmouthing him...k?

*sigh*

He meant that colin is avoiding you because he may not want to be so forthcoming with information that he recently lost a patent to. Try not to take it personally. I am a helpful guy and all, but, put in Colins situation, I may not be so forthcoming with information like this.

11 Bravo
01-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Heck no it wasnt a dig at Colin. I am a good customer of his and a fan of his work.
I just dont think he is going to want to help you with the Hair Trigger. Not answering your emails is a good sign of that. Also not to mention that with all the threads about pnuematic triggers he has only made one post about it that I have seen and it was not too forthcoming.
If you were in business to make money would you just give out all the info about your invention to just anyone that asked.

ps. How could what I said in the other post be taken as a dig? :confused:
Theres also a huge thread on here somewhere about how to make your own
Pnuematic trigger. Check it out.

luke
01-19-2006, 11:07 AM
He meant that colin is avoiding you because he may not want to be so forthcoming with information that he recently lost a patent to.

Something happened "recently" with a patent being denied?

k0m0d067
01-19-2006, 03:56 PM
well, just to clarify then, this is regarding mounting a race frame (autococker e-frame for those not in the know) on an automag...i was told he succeeded in doing this, and i've run into a stumbling block, and need some specifics, that i believe only he can provide...

Kyle.Kimber
01-19-2006, 10:37 PM

Its been six months, I think its a last resort.

Thatcher
01-20-2006, 09:11 AM
you waited 6 months to avoid .97 cents in phone charges?

Arstron
01-20-2006, 10:13 AM
Something happened "recently" with a patent being denied?

He is talking about the PTP pneumatic trigger frame patent I belive.

neppo1345
01-20-2006, 01:01 PM
You have a PM...

REDRT
01-24-2006, 02:58 PM
I wonder if he is out of town. I emailed him a few days ago about kartas and maybe some custom work and no reply. Normally he is pretty good about emailing back. I'll give it a few more days. If nothing I'll try calling.

latches109
01-24-2006, 03:21 PM
sometimes people use mail filters to sort out all the spam mail. you could be getting caught by the filter and he'd never know you emailed him.

k0m0d067
01-24-2006, 05:02 PM
sometimes people use mail filters to sort out all the spam mail. you could be getting caught by the filter and he'd never know you emailed him.

that wouldn't make very good business sense tho, would it? to have a filter that would shunt emails to junk, without checking to see if they were business related??

also, just to clarify once again...

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR INFO ON PNEUMATIC TRIGGERS OR ANYTHING SIMILAR...

thanks for the info though...

Chronobreak
01-24-2006, 05:05 PM
i assume that you tried to pm him as well

NICAD <ao name

im not sure ifhe accepts pms or even checks them but that would be the firs tthing to try.

also if hes not asnwering your e-maisl he probly is super busy, or something in the ehading is keeping him from taking further interest

UTDragun
01-24-2006, 05:29 PM
I emailed him last week and got a reply within the same day, actually I sent him 4 messages and got 4 replies the same day.

k0m0d067
01-24-2006, 10:42 PM
i assume that you tried to pm him as well

NICAD <ao name

im not sure ifhe accepts pms or even checks them but that would be the firs tthing to try.

also if hes not asnwering your e-maisl he probly is super busy, or something in the ehading is keeping him from taking further interest

thanks man...i didn't know what his username was on here...that helps...but his PM box is full...LOL so i sent him an email thru AO...we'll see what happens...

REDRT
01-24-2006, 11:27 PM
Talked to Colin today over the phone. He thinks he might be have problems with his Email. More than one person called asking if he had got their email and it didn't go through I guess. So if you don't hear from him he might still be having problems with his IP.

k0m0d067
01-24-2006, 11:34 PM
Thanks for that info...that might explain alot...