PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use Hydrotesters.com?

BigEvil
01-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Anyone ever deal with them? I have several tanks that need to be tested, and you cant beat their price for it.

http://www.hydrotester.com/index.htm

thedarkmatrlx
01-19-2006, 10:25 AM
I am interested in finding out as well

Major Ho
01-19-2006, 11:48 AM
I have. Pretty good turn around. Since Im on the opposite coast line it usually takes like a hair over a week from the time I ship out to when I get it back. Ive done like 3 bottles through them I believe.

Banshee23
01-19-2006, 02:52 PM
I've used them too, they were pretty quick and I had no troubles at all.

personman
01-19-2006, 04:02 PM
I've used it for 3 tanks. I forgot how it went but I got the tanks back with new hydro dates and thats all that matters :p I'm guessing it went smooth since I dont remember it.

hitech
01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Yes, I've used them as well as my paintball buddies. I did have a problem with my flatline, but they paid to have it shipped back and they fixed it. I'd recommend them and will use them next time. :D

:cheers:

Coralis
01-19-2006, 06:27 PM
I had good luck with them too .... it cost me more to ship my bottle to them than it did for the hydrotest ..... from now on ill pack my own stuff and send it instead of having the store staff package it.

Vex
01-20-2006, 07:03 AM
They're great! They hydroed my Flatline and I got it back within a week.

PumpPlayer
01-20-2006, 09:46 AM
No, I've never used them, but...

You CAN beat their price. Easily.
I take mine to the local fire supply where they re-test all the service fire extinguishers. $10 a pop, no shipping.

Look though the yellow pages for the largest gas and compressed air supplier near you. There will be one, trust me. If you have a hospital, you have a gas supplier. Just ask them where they send their bottles for testing or if they can do testing themselves. Especially in bulk (what are we talking about here, 5-10 tanks?), you can get a better price.

It's up to you if it's worth the trouble of trying to find it locally.

Vex
01-20-2006, 10:13 AM
No, I've never used them, but...

You CAN beat their price. Easily.
I take mine to the local fire supply where they re-test all the service fire extinguishers. $10 a pop, no shipping.

Look though the yellow pages for the largest gas and compressed air supplier near you. There will be one, trust me. If you have a hospital, you have a gas supplier. Just ask them where they send their bottles for testing or if they can do testing themselves. Especially in bulk (what are we talking about here, 5-10 tanks?), you can get a better price.

It's up to you if it's worth the trouble of trying to find it locally.
The only problem with this though, is that they may have a difficult time hydroing small tanks, whereas hydrotester.com does not. Also, I know from getting my scuba tank hydroed, that suppliers aren't the most careful with the tanks.
Plus, they may not have the correct tools for getting the reg off the tank.

It sounds like it has worked for you; but, I'd rather pay a little extra for knowing that my tank is being handled properly, carefully and being inspected by someone who specializes in paintball tanks, than to save a few dollars for convenience.

Just my opinion.

phantomhitman
01-20-2006, 02:39 PM
i have done 2 tanks there with no issues, these guys are great. The customer service was above average because I always got to speak to an actual person that worked there.

warbeak2099
01-20-2006, 06:07 PM
The only problem with this though, is that they may have a difficult time hydroing small tanks, whereas hydrotester.com does not. Also, I know from getting my scuba tank hydroed, that suppliers aren't the most careful with the tanks.
Plus, they may not have the correct tools for getting the reg off the tank.

It sounds like it has worked for you; but, I'd rather pay a little extra for knowing that my tank is being handled properly, carefully and being inspected by someone who specializes in paintball tanks, than to save a few dollars for convenience.

Just my opinion.

QFT. I've used them and they are great. Good turn around and great service. The new sticker they epoxy on is so clean looking too.