PDA

View Full Version : Can you identify this mag

jjyxk845
01-19-2006, 04:19 PM
http://www.guernsey.net/~jkcj/automag.JPG

I've just been given the above mag second hand and was wondering if you can give me a idea on age and what its worth? The serial is cf28378 And is it worth sticking with and upgrading. My other marker is a VL Genesis surge 2 with egrip. SO You get the Idea.

Ps I know VL's are crap etc But its doing me fine!

scrumpy
01-19-2006, 05:03 PM
You could stick with the mag and upgrade it with:

An RT Style Valve (emag, rt, or x)
A ULE Body
A ULT kit (increases ease of walking mechanical trigger)
An Intelliframe (or emag lowers if you want electronic)
A cocker threaded barrel
A level ten kit
And a new rail (serves only weight or cosmetic value)

As you see, in the end you have another marker completely. It might be worth your while to sell this mag and buy an emag or some already put together mag with some upgrades for less than it would cost to buy these parts and piece it together.
If you do keep that, replace the shoddy air connections and get macroline instead of the microline.

PumpPlayer
01-19-2006, 05:15 PM
^^^^:tard: :tard: huh? :tard: :tard: ^^^^

It's a late '90s classic powerfeed 'mag. That looks like an Eclipse sight rail, but the barrel is very interesting. The tip looks to be similar to a LAPCO? I've only ever seen the Eclipse splash job on SP barrels.

It's worth keeping for sure and it's worth leaving as-is. Don't try to get a whole mess of upgrades, if you ask me. HPA would be nice, but if you ask me all you need is a 12-oz. CO2 and a revvy. Don't try to use a force-feed loader on it (powerfeed works best with gravity) and don't cut down the feed like some people do. The powerfeed needs that ball stack and cutting it down only makes it slower. Leave it like it is and enjoy it.

Lastly, one bit of advice I would give no matter what marker we're talking about:
Don't "upgrade" it until you've played with it! How do you know what to "fix" unless you know first-hand what's "wrong" with it?

Oh, and of course...
Read the manual. (http://www.airgun.com/Images/automan.pdf) (seriously, read the manual.)

skx762
01-19-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm running mine on CO2 and the only mechanical difference between it and yours is I have a vertical Palmer's Stabilizer mounted to keep liquid CO2 out of the Mag Reg. I had a Cocker reg for awhile and that did just fine though. If you run HPA you shouldn't need that even.

Vl grips are fine, you could pick up some black ones cheap in the B&S section if you wanted to. A locking elbow is also a nice addition to keep your hopper from twisting around.

scrumpy
01-19-2006, 07:18 PM
^^^^:tard: :tard: huh? :tard: :tard: ^^^^

He specifically asked if it was worth sticking with and upgrading, implying that he doesn't think it's good enough as is. A further assumption could be made that he wants a fast electronic marker because he has made an attempt to enter the world of fast markers with his E-VL.

Yes it is worth sticking with but at the same time it isn't if you plan on heavily upgrading because by the time all of your upgrades are in you'll have 2 markers sitting in front of you and will have wasted some money.

captian pinky
01-19-2006, 07:45 PM
he is correct^ right now i have like 4 mags in parts if ur just playing recball keep it it will save u on maintnence but if playing speedball i would prolly get a different gun

jjyxk845
01-20-2006, 06:34 AM
Thanks For the help.

I only play recball so I'll keep it as standard it appears to shoot fine.

If i get a classic spares kit will that contain all the parts to give it a good service as it hasnt been used for a couple of years.

Also does anybody know of a good uk supplier for the kit?

scrumpy
01-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Thanks For the help.

I only play recball so I'll keep it as standard it appears to shoot fine.

If i get a classic spares kit will that contain all the parts to give it a good service as it hasnt been used for a couple of years.

Also does anybody know of a good uk supplier for the kit?

A classic repair kit will come with at least one of all of the o-rings in the marker and lots of other spare pieces such as a bolt bumper or a barrel nubbin. A kit would probably last you a few years but if they're hard to come by for you, you may want to invest in a couple at a time. Make sure you lube it often to ensure the longevity of the parts in use.

Tao
01-21-2006, 12:02 AM
You could stick with the mag and upgrade it with:

An RT Style Valve (emag, rt, or x)
A ULE Body
A ULT kit (increases ease of walking mechanical trigger)
An Intelliframe (or emag lowers if you want electronic)
A cocker threaded barrel
A level ten kit
And a new rail (serves only weight or cosmetic value)

As you see, in the end you have another marker completely. It might be worth your while to sell this mag and buy an emag or some already put together mag with some upgrades for less than it would cost to buy these parts and piece it together.
If you do keep that, replace the shoddy air connections and get macroline instead of the microline.

I found by the time you buy all of this you may aswell just get a Rt ule custom for the price you will be paying anyway...

7Infamous7
01-21-2006, 10:42 AM
jjyxk845, im from Uk as well and as far as im aware, there are no Uk stores or sites that stock automag parts.

Try www.doropaintball.com or www.actionvillage.com for 'mag parts

Or go onto www.p8ntballer.com and Pm a guy called TheDon, he'll sort you out with parts for your mag

out of interest, what part of England you from?