PDA

View Full Version : DMs ???

buzzboy
01-19-2006, 06:04 PM
I have been wondering, after a few recent threads, why people are so much in love with the DM series. I have shot two spool valved guns. A stock 04 Shocker w/eyes and a stock DM5 w/eyes(yes I know that is redundent). Most people like DMs and say that shockers suck in some way. The DM had the trigger as light and short as possible and it was long and actually a little stiff. The shocker had out of box settings and it was way lighter and shorter. Everybody says, OMG the DM is so quiet. I really didn't think so. Both guns with the same barrel(14" dye UL) my BKO was much quieter than the DM. The only thing most say about the DM that I agree with is the fact that recoil is nonexistent. I couldn't even tell it was shooting eccept for the sound.

This is just my little rant but why do people like DMs so much?

BeaverEater
01-19-2006, 06:06 PM
thats the reason i like them so much is that there is really no recoil. Its a lot easier to lay down a stream of paint on a very small target. And with the right barrel they can be really quite.

Hexis
01-19-2006, 06:22 PM
I don't have one (yet, looking to get a proto soonish). But I have used a DM5 and PM5 a lot. I love the fact that the lack of recoil and consistancy puts the paint exactly where I expect it. They have been reliable for the many people I know that own them.

And for me, they just plain work, no fus, no muss. I think a good part of that is software that works the way I expect. On my emag, I can be pulling the trigger nice and evenly, but it will still miss shots. On the DM/PM stuff it's not in ramping mode, but it feels like when I pull the trigger It fires a ball, no skipping. That may be trye for any electro with current software, and not specific to the DM/PM stuff.

master_alexander
01-19-2006, 06:48 PM
i have had 2 dm4's. the cheetah dm4 and a purple and black one. i did not like them that much.

they were nice to hold, no kick, an confy, but i just didnt like them.

mabey it was the 45 frame... i shoot a vert shocker and a vert mag. im all set.

Skoad
01-19-2006, 08:33 PM
you understand that every trigger on today's guns are customizable. If the trigger was stiff, it was because the owner wanted it that way (or it came that way from factory).

As far as the DM's being quiet, they aren't silent. I do find them quieter than most...not necessarily when your shooting them but when your opposing them. Reason I think they are quiet is because they don't really have a loud pitch in the sound, like a thwack or a ping. Sounds just kinda like a ffftpppp or a thud.....i think maybe i've had too much cold medicine :D

ojhspyro89
01-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Ive shot and played with a Dm4 a few times... I dont like them. They are allright, but i wouldnt shoot one.

I shoot a v7 at the moment. It had equal or less kick than the dm4 did. Plus its faster and cheaper stock.

Of course im being biased.

Only bad thing about the DM series is the fact EVERYONE has one. Its kind of wierd to go to a field and be the only one with an ICD product.

camilion705
01-20-2006, 12:02 AM
I have used a Dm4 and was really impressed. It is quiet, has little recoil, and is easy to use.

However!

I used the same Dm4 when I owned a LED Matrix and the Dm4 weighed nearly the same with halo and 68/4.5 as my Trix with the same setup and the Trix shot just as fast as the Dm4, both of which were in normal semi mode. The balls flew prety much exactly the same when shot too. The Dm4 was quieter though and smoother. The Dm4 didnt chop any paint, whereas my Trix ate a few balls now and then. (My trix did not have eyes.)

So really the Dm4, in my opinion, is nearly the same as a regular Trix except for the fancy milling. But due to their body design they are a bit more easy to wield on the field. The Trix always felt super long.

It should also be known that my Trix had more than a few excellent aftermarket parts.

Automaggot68
01-20-2006, 04:02 AM
/paging magma007

Steelrat
01-20-2006, 10:48 AM
So, whats with the hair, anyways?

phantomhitman
01-20-2006, 02:37 PM
because they are good guns, end of story. if you do not like the looks, or price, or features then this gun is obviously not for you. Everyone has already stated the features as well as pros and cons of some of the models so I am not going into that again.

68magOwner
01-20-2006, 02:39 PM
....the trigger was NOT as short and light as possible, guarenteed, if your saying that it was long-ish, and a little stiff. You can get them short enough to where you cant even tell its moving, and light enough to have it fire just by picking up the marker (of course, this isnt realistic, dunno why anyone would want that, but, it CAN be done, just to prove a point)

buzzboy
01-20-2006, 06:15 PM
....the trigger was NOT as short and light as possible, guarenteed, if your saying that it was long-ish, and a little stiff. You can get them short enough to where you cant even tell its moving, and light enough to have it fire just by picking up the marker (of course, this isnt realistic, dunno why anyone would want that, but, it CAN be done, just to prove a point)
I had my BKO trigger like that. It was scary. I shot a teammate just by turning it on and walking to the starting block. The trigger then got way longer and stiffer.

So, whats with the hair, anyways?
/\are you refering to my old thread where you picked fun at my hair/\

Automaggot68
01-20-2006, 07:14 PM
I had my BKO trigger like that. It was scary. I shot a teammate just by turning it on and walking to the starting block. The trigger then got way longer and stiffer.

/\are you refering to my old thread where you picked fun at my hair/\

he's talking about the...

Oh nevermind.