PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice on getting a mag

AJcool
01-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Hey I know absolutly nothing about these mags and I am looking for some advice. I used to play tourney ball with all those crazy electros and gadgets, but I gave it up to play pump when i couldnt afford it. Now ive decided to get back into paintball, and I am looking to get a semi auto setup. I originally wanted an omen or ion, but now a mag has caught my attention. I was wodnering if MAGs are old technology now, and an ion would be a smarter idea.

The gun im mainling looking to buy is a Ule bodied RT pro with warp feed xvalve and level 10. I dont know what a level 10 or xvalve is, or if the RT is the same as a tippman.

Basically im asking, is it worth it to spend the 600 dollars and get this ule RT pro mag (with max flow tank warp feed and halo b), or if i should just get a ion or something. i am NOT looking for rate of fire, I am looking for LOW weight, and profile. I tihnk it would be REALLY cool to use a warp feed, but i have never even held one. So do you guys think the expensive mech semi mag is the right gun for me?

punkncat
01-19-2006, 07:22 PM
Hey I know absolutly nothing about these mags and I am looking for some advice. I used to play tourney ball with all those crazy electros and gadgets, but I gave it up to play pump when i couldnt afford it. Now ive decided to get back into paintball, and I am looking to get a semi auto setup. I originally wanted an omen or ion, but now a mag has caught my attention. I was wodnering if MAGs are old technology now, and an ion would be a smarter idea.

The gun im mainling looking to buy is a Ule bodied RT pro with warp feed xvalve and level 10. I dont know what a level 10 or xvalve is, or if the RT is the same as a tippman.

Basically im asking, is it worth it to spend the 600 dollars and get this ule RT pro mag (with max flow tank warp feed and halo b), or if i should just get a ion or something. i am NOT looking for rate of fire, I am looking for LOW weight, and profile. I tihnk it would be REALLY cool to use a warp feed, but i have never even held one. So do you guys think the expensive mech semi mag is the right gun for me?

K..I will bite.

First off a warp feed is not light, but it provides an incredible profile advantage, not to meantion an improvement in your line of sight.

Modern mags are easily among the lightest markers available and have the profile of a Shocker if you had to compare. They are EXTREMELY reliable, can be washed in the sink, never require batteries, and are definatly fast enough to compete with anything.

I would suggest looking into a used mag. Sorry AGD, but used guns are too pricey (for the most part) and you can find a really good deal on many used markers. Of course there are advantages to buying new. With all the aftermarket dealers around AO you can find "custom" markers new as well.

GL

AJcool
01-19-2006, 07:26 PM
I alreayd found a used deal, its a ULE RT pro warp feed body w/ warp feed halo B max flow, dye UL. 600 dollars.

grEnAlEins
01-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Personally I would get th RT Pro. The RT pro is the best mech (in my opinion) money can buy. I have never used a warp, but I have only heard good things.

The Level 10 is an anti chop bolt so you wont need eyes.

The X valve is a retro valve. When you pull the trigger, the gun spits it back out so you can shoot faster.

I hate ions because of how they look and feel.

grEnAlEins
01-19-2006, 07:28 PM
oh yeah, nothing like a tipman except the ruggedness and durability

buzzboy
01-19-2006, 08:22 PM
I alreayd found a used deal, its a ULE RT pro warp feed body w/ warp feed halo B max flow, dye UL. 600 dollars.
Great deal, I would go for it in a heart beat. What color?
For a few games(till my gun broke) I used a warp on my BKO. I loved it. It wasn't sensitive enough for an epneu but on a mag they rock. It didn't really add that much weight but you could pop over bunkers and the other team will only see your mask. :cool:

wanna-b-ballin'
01-19-2006, 08:29 PM
if the maxflow is in hydro and the gun, warp, and halo are all in good condition, i'd jump on it.
the x-valve may bounce a little like the tippman RT, but that is fixable with a ULT kit, which makes the trigger pull ultra light for a mech gun. if you tune it right, its walkable.

get the mag.

Cow hunter
01-19-2006, 09:33 PM
go for the mag!!!! the only thing that could possibly lower your profile from what you described, is a Z grip. itll pull your arm in and make it extremley comfortable to hold while snapping/shooting. but for a mech, there is nothing better in terms of weight, speed, reliablility, and upgradeablility. besides, what other marker can break down fully with 2 screws?

superfreakmabsta
01-19-2006, 10:41 PM
i would defiently go with that mag. the value for the $600 is right on. however you may find the warp feed doesnt suit you though. i personally dont like their feel, however they are fine products and are certanly worth a gander. i have used a mag for 5 years, 3 being tourney play and i have never felt out of the loop. i have an e frame on mine, but my rt mech is fast as hell and if i need to i can bust that out too. if you get an ion, you will most likely denounce the purchase for going with a fad gun. go with the mag.