PDA

View Full Version : UPS - Usual Delivery time?

behemoth
01-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Alright, someone shipped me something via UPS...

I've never gotten a package from them before, and i need it by today.
Its 1:43pm and, i dont know if they usually deliver before then? I want my package.

The guy who i bought from has really really poor communication skills. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but if its not here today, so help me god...

Steelrat
01-20-2006, 01:54 PM
UPS ALWAYS supplies a tracking number. The seller should have it. Delivery times vary widely by location, but you can tell if it was put on the truck for delivery today by checking www.ups.com and inputting the tracking number. If you miss the truck, you can usually go to their local processing facility and pick it up after hours.

BigEvil
01-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Where is the package coming from? I see your in Cleveland. A ground package via UPS from me in NJ to OH is 1-2 days. They are 99% accurate with their data, I used to run a Distribution center where we shipped out frozen food with a 2 day in-transit-life to certain parts of the country USP ground. I could hit anywhere east of the Mississippi river in 2 days. One zone past in three, 2 zones past in four. So basically is 1-2 days per 1/4 of the country.

UPS does not officially guarantee this, there policy is 1-10 business days from anywhere in the nation. Also, they will not gaurantee a specific delivery time for anything other than a Priority Overnight package. (Before 10am)

Your best bet is to get the tracking #s and do like the other guys said. It will pretty much tell you where your package is.

behemoth
01-20-2006, 02:14 PM
The guy who i bought from has really really poor communication skills. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but if its not here today, so help me god...

Like i said, i email him alot, and i get half-assed responses.

Payment sent on 11th.

no contact untill 16th, saying "I'll ship today" (the 16th was MLK day, he couldnt have...)

I responed with a "Thanks, can i get a tracking number" - No response as of yet.

Part of our deal was, he got the payment, providing he ships in time for delivery on the 19th.

Now, i'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, he's got a job, and i understand not everyone sits on a computer all day, but still, a little confirmation or something would be nice.

Looks like i might not be playing tomarrow :mad:

behemoth
01-20-2006, 02:23 PM
... if i have to file a claim with paypal, you best believe that names will be slandered on every square inch of teh intertron.

Steelrat
01-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Like i said, i email him alot, and i get half-assed responses.

Payment sent on 11th.

no contact untill 16th, saying "I'll ship today" (the 16th was MLK day, he couldnt have...)

I responed with a "Thanks, can i get a tracking number" - No response as of yet.

Part of our deal was, he got the payment, providing he ships in time for delivery on the 19th.

Now, i'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, he's got a job, and i understand not everyone sits on a computer all day, but still, a little confirmation or something would be nice.

Looks like i might not be playing tomarrow :mad:

MLK was a holiday for government agencies, UPS might not have been closed. Also, people can mail via UPS through Mailbox Etc and other small mailing stores, which might have been open on MLK.

Now, even if he shipped it on the 16th, UPS has a variety of shipping options, ranging from overnight to standard surface. Surface can take over a week, depending on how far the package has to go.

At this point, you are really at the mercy of the sender to supply you with information. You can always try calling your local UPS facility, I'm not sure what their capabilities are as far as finding delivery information without a tracking number.

I'd count on NOT playing tomorrow.

behemoth
01-20-2006, 02:27 PM
MLK was a holiday for government agencies, UPS might not have been closed. Also, people can mail via UPS through Mailbox Etc and other small mailing stores, which might have been open on MLK.

Now, even if he shipped it on the 16th, UPS has a variety of shipping options, ranging from overnight to standard surface. Surface can take over a week, depending on how far the package has to go.

At this point, you are really at the mercy of the sender to supply you with information. You can always try calling your local UPS facility, I'm not sure what their capabilities are as far as finding delivery information without a tracking number.

I'd count on NOT playing tomorrow.

Yeah, its Kentucky to Ohio.

It cant take that long. At all. Like, reallly. Not at all....

Steelrat
01-20-2006, 02:31 PM
... if i have to file a claim with paypal, you best believe that names will be slandered on every square inch of teh intertron.

If you are going to do it, do it quickly. Don't let him string you along. Also, if and when you get a box, i'd recommend videotaping it while you open it. People have been known to send phonebooks and such, because traditionally Paypal only cares that something has been shipped, not what is actually inside the box.

behemoth
01-20-2006, 02:35 PM
I called UPS.

They said, without a tracking number, they cant tell me anything.

I explained that the guy i bought from has bad communication skills, and they said "....sorry"

I'm pulling the plug.

Kevmaster
01-20-2006, 08:53 PM
1) UPS DID ship on MLK.

2) UPS delivers up until around 7-8pm local time.

3) unless you paid for AM delivery, you'll get it whenever they want to get the truck to your house (they run routes....you might be at the end)

4) If UPS Said it will get there today, it'll get there. if he said it'll get there, lord only nows

Tunaman
01-20-2006, 10:58 PM
Without a tracking number you can rest assured he didn't send it. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this one does not look good. There is also not much you can do either. No body will care unless its over 5-10000 bucks. i got beat for 650 off ebay...took it all the way to the Postal inspector. The service i received sucked. i was told there was nothing they could do. Good luck.

gmp211
01-20-2006, 11:07 PM
UPS usually is very slow, and tends to break things, then is very slow to the insurance payment.

Good luck on getting it!

behemoth
01-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Eh, i knew this guy had some negitive feedback, going into this trade, but i didnt think it'd come out like this.

If i do get scammed, you best believe i will take my time to slander his name.

gmp211
01-20-2006, 11:24 PM
I'll help ;)

:cheers:

Yeah, NEVER EVER do traded/buy/selling to someone with negative feedback. Most scammers do good to get good feedback. Then steel like a Proto, then when they dont get caught. Keep on doing it :(

behemoth
01-20-2006, 11:33 PM
I found two nege's on AO, and a few guys on SCP and MCB said he was good, but, still.

personman
01-21-2006, 12:31 AM
I guess that's the way karma works, eh jukeboxboy?????? :mad:

behemoth
01-21-2006, 12:35 AM
you suck.

gmp211
01-21-2006, 01:20 AM
Am I missing something here?

Outbreak
01-21-2006, 01:34 AM
What part of Kentucky was the seller from? I'd be happy to help if he's relatively close....

billybob_81067
01-21-2006, 03:40 PM
you suck.

:rofl: you got burnt :rofl:

for good measure:

YEEEHAW!

Indignant
01-21-2006, 09:50 PM

i'm intrigued.

personman
01-21-2006, 10:09 PM