PDA

View Full Version : I need a clear anno. ANY SUGGESTIONS. Nothing fancy or expensive.

PnueMagger
01-20-2006, 10:07 PM
I recently built a pnuemag and polished all the aluminum parts to match the SS Body, Chrome LPR and Chrome Intelli. But It turns out unannoed aluminum is softer than I anticipated. :( I haven't even played a real game w/ it yet and it is looking more and more small tiny scratches here and there. God knows what it will look like after a few slides and the brush woodsball. I'm really Proud of what I made, and would like it to look this way for a long time, not all scratched up. :cry:

Anybody know some who could clear coat anno everything or let it keep the all silver look? all that would need annoed is my x-valve, foregrip, rail, and possibly my Barrel.Please include information, pricing, review, etc. Is there any way I can get my SS body repolised to match the chrome on my gun?

I live in the cleveland/Akron Area.

Here is a link to the Mag if you need to see it http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=189992

RapidTransit
01-20-2006, 10:19 PM
I'd do powder coating. Learn more about it at www.eastwoodco.com find someone in your area that can do powdercoating

gmp211
01-20-2006, 10:26 PM
www.fbmfactory.com

Tunaman
01-20-2006, 10:52 PM
dont powdercoat it. Clear ano is easy as any other color. To get your body to shine like chrome just polish it. If you want to keep the polished aluminum looking nice get a product called "Nevr-Dull". Its a cotton wadding with some kind of polish on it and it works great.

slade
01-20-2006, 10:57 PM
...xvalve? youre likely to have tolerance issues anoing that.

you could look into getting everything chromed

Rudz
01-20-2006, 11:13 PM
listen to tuna, hes god....

PnueMagger
01-20-2006, 11:57 PM
I really kind of want anno, but there is one problem. When i drilled the lpr hole, I wanted it up high on the grip so it ended up opening up a leak to the grip frame screw. PTFE tape didn't stop the leak so I treaded the screw w/ 3000lb epoxy as well as the lpr threads. Do you think it it feasible to get the lpr and the front grip off?

If I powdercoat, could i powdercoat w/ the lpr and front grip still on? What colors can you powdercoat? Can you powdercoat a an xvalve and barrel? And is it Durable?

personman
01-21-2006, 12:33 AM
...xvalve? youre likely to have tolerance issues anoing that.

you could look into getting everything chromed
Well that would probably throw tolerences off even more, chrome is pretty thick IIRC.

RapidTransit
01-21-2006, 07:57 AM
I really kind of want anno, but there is one problem. When i drilled the lpr hole, I wanted it up high on the grip so it ended up opening up a leak to the grip frame screw. PTFE tape didn't stop the leak so I treaded the screw w/ 3000lb epoxy as well as the lpr threads. Do you think it it feasible to get the lpr and the front grip off?

If I powdercoat, could i powdercoat w/ the lpr and front grip still on? What colors can you powdercoat? Can you powdercoat a an xvalve and barrel? And is it Durable?
Powder coat is very durable, You can pretty much do anything with it as long as the part in question can withstand 400F. Alot of hot rodders do this over there bright metal work or use Zoop seal or something similar. You can even do it at home as long as you have a spare electric oven. Colors there are alot, some even have metal flakes in them, and wrinkle finishes.

About tolerances, anno is oxidation. Its not coating anything, its changing the chemical structure of the aluminum. Like rust with steel. So I doubt issues with parts fitting.