PDA

View Full Version : For the airsoft people ...

lopxtc
01-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Hey whats the best site online (I know everyone will have a different opinion buts that cool, list them all) for buying gear? I have seen a couple places, but not sure which is better than which and I want to compare gear and prices.

Thanks,

Aaron

Huskie_American
01-21-2006, 01:24 PM
www.airsplat.com
www.shortyusa.com
www.affordableairsoft.com

Those are the cheapest ive seen so far.

wad04
01-21-2006, 02:09 PM
www.airsoftgi.com

Remington
01-21-2006, 02:28 PM
I've always loved www.redwolfairsoft.com. It has by far the best selection online, the only catch is that it's based in Hong Kong so getting things shipped here to the US might be a little tricky; can't beat their prices though! :shooting:

etjoyride
01-21-2006, 04:01 PM
I love www.kastway.com
The guy that owns it is really cool, and they have great prices

lopxtc
01-21-2006, 08:54 PM
Hey what all is a good brand. When I was in Japan in 94-95 Tokyo Marui was the big name ... I see they are still pretty big now. What about the likes of Classic Army and G & G and such ...

Also the group that wants me to play with them is pretty serious into the simulation so I am looking for something this is good and reliable. Can spend around $500-600 ... so metal bodies and upgrades and such are not to much of a worry.

Aaron

Remington
01-21-2006, 10:39 PM
I would go with a Tokyo Mauri, it's a good brand name and from what I've read, is known for quality. Classic Army tends to make airsoft guns with metal bodies so that's probably not the route you want to go at this point. I really don't known too much about G&G, I have a feeling they're the new kid on the block, but from the looks of it, they seem to be pretty well made.

Good luck!

Huskie_American
01-21-2006, 11:58 PM
This is straight from ASF (www.airsoftforum.com) so dont ask me for more info.

Tokyo Marui

Basic Info:

Tokyo Marui was the first company in the world to manufacture the AEG, or Automatic Electric Gun. At the time, this new design was ingenious. Marui's first AEG was the FAMAS, manufactured for the first time in the mid '90s. Since then, Marui has made 6 gearbox designs and has released 36 new AEGs, soon to be 37 with the release of the M14. around 98% of all AEG owners own a Tokyo Marui. They are generally considered the standard, with the best prices and great quality.

Build Materials:

All TM AEGs are built mainly of strong ABS plastic, with a few metal parts mixed in. The metal is usually a cheaper metal, called white metal. Beware, because it can easily bend.

General Opinion:

Tokyo Marui AEGs are generally regarded as standard for all airsoft guns. Tokyo Marui has had the most experience, and with so many options and upgrade capabilities TM guns are generally regarded as the best guns for people just getting into the hobby of airsoft.

ICS:

Many people are at first attracted to ICS guns because they are made of full metal. ICS currently makes a full line of MP5s. Out of the box, they shoot around 330-350 FPS. A stock Marui shoots around 269-279. This higher FPS is another thing that makes ICS an appealing manufacturer to newbies. ICS guns are now in they're third stage with the release of V3 ICS guns. In that past, ICS guns were known for their stripped gears and very low reliability. The V3 guns have reinforced gears and bushings to help prevent this problem, but because of the high stock FPS the ICS guns still have some trouble. Most veterans choose to stay away from ICS because of their low reliability.

Build Materials:

ICS guns come standard WITH a full metal body. On the Full Stock versions of the Mp5, the stock is made of plastic. This is simply because the real-steel MP5 also has, believe it or not, a plastic stock.

General Opinion:

ICS guns may seem cool, and perfect, but they are generally considered the least reliable AEGs. ICS guns do, however, make AWSOME wall-hangers. For anybody who is a collector and not a skirmisher, ICS guns are the best way to go. If you want to be able to fire off 50,000 rds without a hitch, go with Marui. Newbies, beware...I know that they may be cheap, and may seem cool, but please, just trust me and everybody else on this forum. Do NOT buy an ICS AEG.

Classic Army:

Classic Army guns are considered the 'Ferraris' of Airsoft. They are expensive, great looking, and a dream to fire...when they aren't being serviced. Classic Army guns, like ICS, come full metal. Classic Army, unlike ICS, makes a Colt line of guns as well as MP5s. Classic Army AEGs are the most expensive out of the box (with the exception of the TM PSG-1). Stock, they fire at a whopping 350 FPS (*NOTE< this is an edit. I have recently crono'd some of the new CAs, they are firing at 325 stock). The real problem with CA is that they need to be maintained, much more than a TM AEG. Also, if your gun breaks, you may be out of luck...there are not many spare parts and helpful hands for fixing a CA.

Build Materials

Full metal, baby. Generally, they look MUCH more realistic than TM guns out of the box.

General Opinion:

CA AEGs are considered, for the most part, decent guns for Airsoft veterans. Newbies, however, may have trouble keeping up with the maintenance because they are new to the hobby. People who have owned a few AEGs first have a sixth sense as to when things are going to go wrong with their AEG. Because of this 'sixth sense', experienced airsofters are able to tell when something is wrong and immediately fix it.

Mikey B
01-22-2006, 12:02 AM
www.airsoftatlanta.com
www.precisionairsoft.com

I got my TM Fa-mas from precision not very long ago. My friend orders from atlanta and airsplay quite often.

both are great.

lopxtc
01-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Wow thanks for all that information guys.

Aaron

lopxtc
01-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Yeah I think I found the model I like ...

http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/tm-m4s-l.jpg

Just wish it had a shorter barrel ... granted that is for realism but its not effecting accuracy any LOL.

I love this one;

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/images/muskrat.jpg

But its $300.00 more, granted it has a bunch of stuff done to it to start with but I would rather do the work myself.

Aaron

RapidTransit
01-22-2006, 03:52 PM
This is of no use to you as I don't remember where I bought it, but when I bought mine I spoke directly with the guy who ran the site and I found I was buying the wrong gun. He reccomended a gun based on the specs I was loooking for and helped me get set up. Don't dive in and buy one as I found out :nono:

Remington
01-22-2006, 04:06 PM
Haha, so much for taking things one step at a time huh lopxtc? :D Looks like a good choice to me, but only if you plan on playing for the long haul. Regardless, let us know what you finally decide on! :cheers:

lopxtc
01-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Unfortunately I have always been the all or nothing type person LOL ... I dont think I have ever gone the entry route and so forth. But at the same time I also spend way to much time on research and such before I make a purchase.

I played with a lot of these guns in Japan when I was there in 94-95 but I hadnt realized it had grown as much as it had here in the US.

Aaron

Vex
01-23-2006, 01:47 AM
I played with a lot of these guns in Japan when I was there in 94-95 but I hadnt realized it had grown as much as it had here in the US.

Aaron
When I got to Okinawa in '96, I saw these guns in a couple of stores and was just amazed by them. They were labeled as "Hop Up" and they were so damn realistic! I figured it was just a hobby thing for collectors seeing as how firearms are illegal in Okinawa. Anyway, about a year later, I saw an article on a bunch of G.I.s who played airsoft with the local population and it was a huge deal with them. I always thought it was cool for simulation.
Airsoft is also huge in Korea--and the guns and ammo are insanely inexpensive.

Recon by Fire
01-23-2006, 03:30 AM
Don't one of those guys who spends $2K in clothing and gear so he can look like SWAT. Just wear some durable clothing and eye protection.

digitard
01-23-2006, 04:20 AM
Holy @#%@. They have the ROBOCOP gun in Airsoft!!!!!

http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/KSC-93R-AG-L.jpg

lopxtc
01-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Hell I'll just use my cammies and 782 gear from when I was active duty LOL ... I still have a sealed first aid kit, two magazine pouches, butt-pack, etc ... I had a second complete issue of supply gear that the people in supply had forgotten about :)

Aaron

Don't one of those guys who spends $2K in clothing and gear so he can look like SWAT. Just wear some durable clothing and eye protection.

Vex
01-24-2006, 06:05 AM
Holy @#%@. They have the ROBOCOP gun in Airsoft!!!!!

http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/KSC-93R-AG-L.jpg
Isn't that just a modified Desert Eagle .45?

Remington
01-24-2006, 07:33 AM
Looks like a Beretta base to me. :confused:

digitard
01-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Thats all the original ROBOCOP gun was anyhow... its nothing special, its just that its the ROBOCOP gun! I loved that thing when I was a kid.

Recon by Fire
01-24-2006, 09:16 PM
The Robo-mod is a Beretta 92 (M9).

etjoyride
01-24-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm not totally into airsoft, i play with some people that are obssessed and possessed by it though. Form experience i would suggest getting a classic army M15 of some sort and then upgrading it. They are great guns and feel really good to play with. Also, their MP5's are very nice. Marui is a little nicer externally, but internally i would go with CA.

Huskie_American
01-25-2006, 02:19 AM
I'm not totally into airsoft, i play with some people that are obssessed and possessed by it though. Form experience i would suggest getting a classic army M15 of some sort and then upgrading it. They are great guns and feel really good to play with. Also, their MP5's are very nice. Marui is a little nicer externally, but internally i would go with CA.

The CA M15's are great guns, i just got one today. Only to find out i dont like the feel of them :( however their performance is superb! I would definatly suggest one, if you know you'll like the feel. As for me, im selling/trading it for somthing smaller, either Mp5 or a P90.

Target Practice
01-25-2006, 02:57 AM
Actually, Robocop's gun was NOT based on the 92, or M9, whatever you want to call it.

digitard
01-25-2006, 04:40 AM
http://www.robocoparchive.com/info/auto9.htm

In essence the weapon used is a modifed Beretta m93R. The barrel was remanufactured specifically for blanks and then the barrel extension you see on the gun was built, along with the ribs and rear sight. The grip also had to be enlarged to fit Robo's hands.