PDA

View Full Version : The new thread navigation tree thing...

Skoad
01-21-2006, 11:29 PM
:mad: Anyone else not a fan of it? A lot of the time i go to look at an old thread and to get to the end I have to scroll up to the thread navigation thing and scroll down and click view more posts about 10 times before i finally get to the end.

Also when i click the go to first new post button (little arrow next to thread title), a lot of the time it won't even take me to the first new post, it takes me to the one before it so then i have to go back up to the navigation tree and click the actual bottom new post.

Just aggrivating....

personman
01-22-2006, 12:02 AM
Uhh... what are you talking about? :confused:

Automaggot68
01-22-2006, 12:25 AM
Uhh... what are you talking about? :confused:
Seconded.

Target Practice
01-22-2006, 12:31 AM
Seconded.
Thirded.

Automaggot68
01-22-2006, 12:40 AM
Thirded.

catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcat[SI

catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcat[SI

catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcat[SI
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcat[SI
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcatcatcatcat
catcatcat[SI

Banshee23
01-22-2006, 12:44 AM
:mad: Anyone else not a fan of it? A lot of the time i go to look at an old thread and to get to the end I have to scroll up to the thread navigation thing and scroll down and click view more posts about 10 times before i finally get to the end.

Also when i click the go to first new post button (little arrow next to thread title), a lot of the time it won't even take me to the first new post, it takes me to the one before it so then i have to go back up to the navigation tree and click the actual bottom new post.

Just aggrivating....

Go into your user control panel, click edit options, and under thread display options change the thread display mode to linear - oldest first

Skoad
01-22-2006, 12:59 AM
it is set linear - old first.

I am talking about this thing

http://web.umr.edu/~sjjgfd/tree.jpg

don't you guys have that at the top of your screen? It popped up on mine just a few days ago, I've never seen it before. I no longer have "next page" buttons at the bottom of threads, just that thing at the top.

personman
01-22-2006, 01:19 AM
it is set linear - old first.

I am talking about this thing

http://web.umr.edu/~sjjgfd/tree.jpg

don't you guys have that at the top of your screen? It popped up on mine just a few days ago, I've never seen it before. I no longer have "next page" buttons at the bottom of threads, just that thing at the top.
I have never seen that before in my life.
Check your CP

Skoad
01-22-2006, 02:04 AM
ok, figured it out. Somehow it got changed to 'hybrid' mode and the only way to fix it was to click in a thread, then in the upper right corner click display modes and put it back on linear.

wonder how it got switched in the first place......i thought it was something new :P

RapidTransit
01-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Could have been an admin, or could have been an accident, or could have been something with an upgrade with vBulletin