PDA

View Full Version : Side by side comparison what do you think?

gunner472
01-22-2006, 01:15 PM
I am getting rid of all of my guns and I am going to get a brand new gun (unless I get a really good trade) So these are the guns I amd thinking of getting, what do you think?:
1)Defiant 2
-I would get a clamping feedneck
2)06 freestyle (only 740 at 800paintball)
3) 06 alien interceptor
4) fully pimped out chimera framed mech mag from rpg
5) 2k2 intimadator (not so much at action village)

Thanks in advance for the advice :cheers:

warbeak2099
01-22-2006, 02:10 PM
The Defiant. For $700 you get everything the FS7 offers plus better efficiency.

calcan311
01-22-2006, 03:14 PM
I would get a ICD Promaster instead of the Defiant 2. Pretty much the same marker, the Promaster only goes for $390

WenULiVeUdiE
01-22-2006, 03:57 PM
I would not go with the Defiant, especially if you are not a tiny person. They are extremely small, and for most people, too small. The reg is too close to the frame for my tastes. But I would encourage you to try one out anyways. With a 45/45, you may like it.

slade
01-22-2006, 04:03 PM
defiant 2, FS7 (or promaster) or 2k2 timmy. but why only buying new?

gunner472
01-23-2006, 05:43 PM
because i have only bought used ever since my first gun, it was my way of saving cash and I feel like treatin my self to this gun to a bling'd up gat :dance:

slade
01-23-2006, 05:57 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ICD-Freestyle-FS7-FS-7-Blue-to-Black-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ7213398909QQcategoryZ16048QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i dont know whos letting it go for that little, but...

treat yourself to a new gun if you want, but to me its just a waste of money. oh well, maybe ill pick it up from you used later...

99GenX
01-23-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm basing this off of personal experience, I'm not going to dog a gun unless I've owned/shot it.

Well I've owned several Timmys, a FS, a D2, along with others -

The defiant 2 can be purchased new for $600 ($400 used) and is a great marker. The frenzy is utterely stupid fast and compared to my Alias, I'd prefer a D2 actually. It is BY FAR the smallest/lightest marker I've ever held. My defiant was virtually stock (with an exception of a upgraded ram cap) yet shot better than my alias ever did.

I dislike freestyles in general (and the new ones are overpriced). The gen 2 I owned was just horrible, and quite frankly, the fs7's I've seen in person didn't have the performance that I would expect from a $750 marker.

I have generaly disliked my timmys, but my WAS'd GZ did shoot great. Alias's can be had for under $600 used and are good markers also. If you purchase a used timmy over a used defiant you should be shot point blank (sorry, harsh facts, but thats how I feel on the subject, not dissing the timmy though).

In all honesty, mags are great guns but I wouldn't purchase one if you're looking for the stupid fast/light speedball gun w/ decent effecency and good resale (I had a predator'd devilmag at one time and although it was nice, the Imp I'm sending you in the mail once I get the cocker shoots much better). Authough this is Automags.org, and the fact I've owned several mags (and credit one for my start/whorness in paintball), I won't be going back to one again.

If I were you, I'd hit the viking market while the resale is as low as it's ever been - They are the nicest guns out IMO and 04's can be found for $500. Although vikings are slightly large, they are FAST, EFFECIENT, and BUILT LIKE TANKS!

05 borgs are great too (almost equally as nice) and have a resale of around $450.

tl;dr - Get a viking while the resale is so low, you won't regret it

slade
01-23-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm basing this off of personal experience, I'm not going to dog a gun unless I've owned/shot it.

Well I've owned several Timmys, a FS, a D2, along with others -

The defiant 2 can be purchased new for $600 ($400 used) and is a great marker. The frenzy is utterely stupid fast and compared to my Alias, I'd prefer a D2 actually. It is BY FAR the smallest/lightest marker I've ever held. My defiant was virtually stock (with an exception of a upgraded ram cap) yet shot better than my alias ever did.

I dislike freestyles in general (and the new ones are overpriced). The gen 2 I owned was just horrible, and quite frankly, the fs7's I've seen in person didn't have the performance that I would expect from a $750 marker.

I have generaly disliked my timmys, but my WAS'd GZ did shoot great. Alias's can be had for under $600 used and are good markers also. If you purchase a used timmy over a used defiant you should be shot point blank (sorry, harsh facts, but thats how I feel on the subject, not dissing the timmy though).

In all honesty, mags are great guns but I wouldn't purchase one if you're looking for the stupid fast/light speedball gun w/ decent effecency and good resale (I had a predator'd devilmag at one time and although it was nice, the Imp I'm sending you in the mail once I get the cocker shoots much better). Authough this is Automags.org, and the fact I've owned several mags (and credit one for my start/whorness in paintball), I won't be going back to one again.

If I were you, I'd hit the viking market while the resale is as low as it's ever been - They are the nicest guns out IMO and 04's can be found for $500. Although vikings are slightly large, they are FAST, EFFECIENT, and BUILT LIKE TANKS!

05 borgs are great too (almost equally as nice) and have a resale of around $450.

tl;dr - Get a viking while the resale is so low, you won't regret it
defiants are good markers, and pretty nice for the price. they are really small, and somewhat underrated. they definately dont have the bling of timmys, which might be why theyre underrated.

freestyles can be nice markers, you just have to learn how to deal with them. a FS7 not only has better efficiency, but IMO the bolt kit makes it less of a pain to work with. if you find one for the right price you might as well pick it up.

i really hate vikings. ive only shot one once that i liked, although it was still too big. maybe itd be fine if youre a back man.

borgs are nice too, i should have one in the mail on its way here now.

why has everyone ignored DMs? theyre great markers, dont leave them off the list.

gunner472
01-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Hey thanks you guys I really appreciate it I am definitly gonna sell my guns now and get a defiant or a cyborg :cheers:

magman007
01-25-2006, 06:26 PM
what ever you decide on, i dont reccomend the interceptor. I do not trust alien as a company, and jack rice feeds so much bs through his markers, that it is rediculous. Also, the undershot bolt has been proven to not work very well, seeing as it relies alot on the seam of the ball being placed correctly in the breach to rotate the ball, if the seam is not seated correctly it can produce some rather erratic shots. if it was a good idea, why isnt every manufacturer using it? and why isnt cooper t(the origionators of the undershot style bolt) one of the most prominent manufacturers in the business?

i reccomend you check out the thread "Lobbing Egos" on pb nation, or the thread "interesting thread about lobbing guns" here on ao, which has a link to the pbnation thread, doc speaks alot about the undershot style bolts and why they do not work well.

ojhspyro89
01-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Get the Freestyle V7

Also, go to www.murderincpaintball.com , I got my brand new V7 for 560 shipped. You have to call to save yourself 140 dollars though...

The V7 is awsome, even stock. You can clean and dissasemble the bolt system with NO tools. All you do is push the push pin and plop the whole bolt assembly comes out.

Also, the Effeciency isnt that bad. I got 800-1000 off my 68/3k at 280 fps, which i cant complain about...

It comes with a predator lite board STOCK, which has bunch of ramping modes and such.

There is almost zero kick, and its light...

I own one... i dont regret it.

frontrunner
01-25-2006, 07:07 PM
have you had the chance to hold the 06 alien interceptor i know there a a new comer but wow that gun is like and ego on a diet. The WAS soft wear should do everythig the othe5r stuff will i almost got one just to have something diffrent. happy shopping

going_home
02-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Just got rid of the last Angel I will ever own,
an 06 Speed "the gat".
Traded it in on an 06 Ego.
Best move I ever made.
Awesome marker.
Get an Ego man, you wont be sorry.

BD_Paintball
02-18-2006, 09:07 PM
before you buy one go to a pro shop and hold each gun. i was thinking about getting a defiant 2 but the thing was WAY to small for me and just felt funny. out of the choice i would go with the defiant 2 if you like how it feels, if you dont like how it feels then i would go with the 06 freestyle

WARPED1
02-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Intimidator all the way.

Carbon
02-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Interceptor or the Timmy.

Lohman446
02-21-2006, 10:37 PM
what ever you decide on, i dont reccomend the interceptor. I do not trust alien as a company, and jack rice feeds so much bs through his markers, that it is rediculous. Also, the undershot bolt has been proven to not work very well, seeing as it relies alot on the seam of the ball being placed correctly in the breach to rotate the ball, if the seam is not seated correctly it can produce some rather erratic shots. if it was a good idea, why isnt every manufacturer using it? and why isnt cooper t(the origionators of the undershot style bolt) one of the most prominent manufacturers in the business?

i reccomend you check out the thread "Lobbing Egos" on pb nation, or the thread "interesting thread about lobbing guns" here on ao, which has a link to the pbnation thread, doc speaks alot about the undershot style bolts and why they do not work well.

You feeling alright? I didn't see a single reference to Dye or Proto in a post on a new gun thread. :) :cheers:

/Who are you?
//And what have you done with magman?