PDA

View Full Version : I messed up my mag!!! sigh...

howling phantom
01-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Sadly, after only 2 days of owning my first mag, I messed it up. In case this helps anyone, I have a 68 classic valve, and a double trigger, with on on/off for the tank.I had just turned off the on-off, and bled the line for any air that remained, and than unscrewed my HPA, and the gun seemed to be fully de-gased. I took off the screws that hold the frame to the body.(I knew how to take it apart) but when I started to slide the grip frame off, somthing in the valve shot out. Now, I had already takin these parts out, as to understood it more, and put them back in the right order. But know I cant find 2 of the 3 pieces, again the 2 pieces that i cant find, shot off. I only have on/off top piece. (Got that info from the home site). I was just seeing if any of yall could help me, and which parts I need to replace. Also, why it shot out like that?

Thanks

snoopay700
01-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Sadly, after only 2 days of owning my first mag, I messed it up. In case this helps anyone, I have a 68 classic valve, and a double trigger, with on on/off for the tank.I had just turned off the on-off, and bled the line for any air that remained, and than unscrewed my HPA, and the gun seemed to be fully de-gased. I took off the screws that hold the frame to the body.(I knew how to take it apart) but when I started to slide the grip frame off, somthing in the valve shot out. Now, I had already takin these parts out, as to understood it more, and put them back in the right order. But know I cant find 2 of the 3 pieces, again the 2 pieces that i cant find, shot off. I only have on/off top piece. (Got that info from the home site). I was just seeing if any of yall could help me, and which parts I need to replace. Also, why it shot out like that?

Thanks
You need a new on/off pin and a new on/off bottom(the copper thing with holes), and any o rings that are missing. It shot off because there was still pressure in the valve, which will sometimes happen, which is why you ALWAYS pull the trigger after degassing the gun and you intend to take it apart.and next time, just take the valve out, and if it won't budge that's how you know you forgot to pull the trigger, so just do it then take the valve out.

Jasonl619
01-23-2006, 04:48 PM
That happened to me too and it almost hit me in the face :tard: , found all the parts though. Download the Exploded Valve Diagram For you gun, That will help you out alot with where things go and what you are missing.

wanna-b-ballin'
01-23-2006, 07:00 PM
next time just remove the rear gripframe screw. its quicker and easier that way; plus you can't slide the valve out if there is still any pressure in it because the on/off pin will get hung up on the body.
always pull the trigger after degassing.

MoeMag
01-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Don't fell too bad I did that also. It chipped one of the tiles on my floor, and I had to replace the whole assembly because it was deformed from impact.

look at it close to make sure its all okay.

Skoad
01-24-2006, 04:18 PM
www.themagsmith.com

go to Parts>AGD Parts

on far right, Classic On/Off Assembly.

Pyroboy597
01-24-2006, 04:21 PM
That will happen to any gun that has an internal or external regulator. The reg will hold enough gas for the next shot even after you de-gas. To prevent that, either shoot while un screwing the tank if you have the coordination, or shoot after you take the tank off.