PDA

View Full Version : Help - double feeding with plastic nubbins!?

Dragoon
12-13-2001, 08:02 AM
Hello all,

Last night I finally put my new superbolt and plastic nubbin on my retro mag. I was using a freak with the .684 insert. I was shooting very small Diablo blaze.

After my first game and a few ball breaks in the barrel I took out the nubbin an shaved off a small amount from the back bump. My thinking was that it was hitting the side of the body and causing the nubbin to be inflexible and therefore breaking paint (I got this idea from the posts about feedback on the plastic nubbins a while ago in the main forum). However, after doing that I started to double feed on every 3rd shot or so.

Did I shave too much, could the paint have been so small it was rolling past the nubbin?

Very frustrating considering I never once had a problem with the wire nubbins. But I really want the superbolt to reduce recoil.

Any advice?

Douglas.

animal
12-13-2001, 12:44 PM
I had the same problem with a J&J 2 piece. The nubbin was inflexible "stock" because my barrel has a real shallow nubbin channel. So I filed down the outer bump a bit. The thing is you can't check it without having the barrel in. I eventually got it right by manually trying to push a ball past the nubbin with my pinky through the powerfeed. Then filing a little at a time until it felt like the same force as with a normal nubbined(that a word?) barrel. Thing is you need a half-contortionist pinky to do be able to do so :) Sounds like you might've shaved too much, but then again Blaze is really small. Another kind of paint it might work great on.

AGD
12-13-2001, 10:55 PM
Guys, you can test the nubbins out of the body buy holding them in right where the bump pushes against the body and pushing a ball through. The nubbin rotates so if you take a lot off of the back bump it may flatten out too much and lock the detent end in postition.

AGD

Russ
12-14-2001, 01:29 AM
The Freak insert may be .684", but where the ball sits (and where the nubbin is) is quite a bit larger, at least as large as the biggest insert.

I have a .693" AA barrel that won't retain most paintballs. It's just too big, and the nubbin doesn't catch the ball reliably.

Dragoon
12-14-2001, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the help guys.
I think I took to much off the back bump.

AGD, any timeline on the new moulds for the plastic nubbins, or are they already availale?

Douglas.