PDA

View Full Version : How good is the x-valve mag?

Insanity42
01-22-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm starting playing paintball again, after a few years brake. I own an old Automag, but its in poor condition after too much experimenting. I also have problems using reballs, they often jam in the powerfeed. Anyway, I wanna buy a new marker.

I dont have money to buy a highend electro marker, the people I play with recommended me a Ion instead. I dont like it, so I started looking at the x-valve mag instead. We play mostly speedball, but I've never been the guy that shoot lots of paint.

How good is the x-valve mag compared to electros? As I've read, they shoot fast, and with ULE trigger kit the trigger is light, so fast shooting is possible. Can I keep up with my friends who have Angels and Matrix? I guess I just have to play better :D

And also, can I use it in tournaments?

Btw: Considering buying the RPG Paradigm Pro from www.themagsmith.com, cheap and all the necessary upgrades included.

BeaverEater
01-22-2006, 05:53 PM
it should be fine in a tourny. I started off with a classic and played a couple tournys with that. I also had an x-vavled rt with the ult in it that i could walk. I mean the trigger still wasnt as light as an electro but it was pretty nice. Im actually getting back in from a 1 year break and im gonna buy another rtp.

Cow hunter
01-22-2006, 05:57 PM
the X valve is THE FASEST mech marker out there, and thats about all there is to say, with a properly tuned trigger its close to walkable..... and i dont think any mech could full semi keep up with an angel or such, but it should be no problem as i was :wow: ing people at my mag's speed just yesterday, and he was holding a DC'd 04 viking....... as for weight, a full ULE mag can weigh downward or 2.8lbs i think....... on runaway the mag shoots between 15 and 30 bps, depending on feed rate

Insanity42
01-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Sounds good, I think I'm gonna give it a try. Guess I will have to show them you dont need an expensive electro to play good. If I shoot 10 bps and they shoot 15 thats not what matters imho...

geekwarrior
01-22-2006, 08:07 PM
finally someone who wants to be good because he can aim, not because he sent a hopper of paint downfield :clap:

Pyroboy597
01-22-2006, 08:31 PM
The ULT trigger, although being "light" in comparison the stock trigger weight, is still a lot to push every time you want to fire the marker. There are still 4 oz of resistance, which is a lot. You cannot walk it unless you have extremely strong fingers, and if you plan to use "run-away" with the x-valve it is illegal in any tourney, although they probably wont notice cause most of the guns there will be shooting the same speed. Mags are the fastest shooting markers out there, but they can only shoot that fast when extreme pressures are fed into the gun.

Summary: No, you will not be able to keep up bps-wise with your buddies with angels and matrixes.

Dark Side
01-22-2006, 09:29 PM
The ULT trigger, although being "light" in comparison the stock trigger weight, is still a lot to push every time you want to fire the marker. There are still 4 oz of resistance, which is a lot. You cannot walk it unless you have extremely strong fingers, and if you plan to use "run-away" with the x-valve it is illegal in any tourney, although they probably wont notice cause most of the guns there will be shooting the same speed. Mags are the fastest shooting markers out there, but they can only shoot that fast when extreme pressures are fed into the gun.

Summary: No, you will not be able to keep up bps-wise with your buddies with angels and matrixes.

IDK but I've never had problems walking my Xvalved RT or my Xmag. And niether have the ULT.

Cow hunter
01-22-2006, 09:34 PM

nother thing, have you never heard of the ULT trick? put too many shims in the ULT and you have semi on a full pull and full auto on half pulls, it takes practice but it appears legal if the refs come check you out....

warbeak2099
01-22-2006, 09:36 PM
I doubt you're walking an RT mag with the stock on/off at any decent speed. You're probably bouncing it or if you're actually walking it, not going above 5bps.

blykins
01-23-2006, 01:12 AM
An x-valved mag isnt legal in NPPL/PSP/CFOA, etc. b/c of the mechanical bounce. You can lower the input psi but its still going to do it, and odds are, the head ref will DQ you.