PDA

View Full Version : The best pieces of mag advice u can offer?

AJcool
01-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Well I just bought my first mag .Id like to think i know everything there is to know about spyders and autocockers. I have owned multiples guns of them, and have modded them both out of the proverbial wazzoo. I know quite a bit of information that would immensely help anyone beginning in either of those gun type fields, and now im going Mag, i was wondering if you veterans had any amzing advice to offer me about my new gun. Its a ULE warp feed RT pro, and i cant wait to get it. I already read the stickies on PBN and this forum, and the FAQ's, but thats not really the kind of information im looking for, im sure u get the idea

Skoad
01-22-2006, 11:18 PM
adjustable tank and/or ULT.

master_alexander
01-23-2006, 12:38 AM
heh... not exactly a mag vetran... but ive had my fair share of mags.

some good tips/pointers/facts

1) you can use it in the rain, dont worry about it. even an e or xmag.
2) once you get it working, if you dont screw with it, it should be fine
3) you dont need a vert reg
4) try out a y grip. i love thoes things.
5) make sure you have enough air, mags are gas hogs
6) try to get a loader at the speed you will be shooting at, no more or less
7) get a ult. they do wonders.
8) if your concerned about weight, look at the shadow rail
9) dont be afraid to ask questions on here
10) you will either love your mag or hate it and want to give it to me :D
11) read up on the part diagrams so you can see how everything is put together
12) see if you can get some extra valve orings and parts for in the event that it goes down
13) dont force annything, ever.
14) mags are really simple, keep that in mind.
15) you might want to look into the 12v mod for the warp
16) look into intellifeeding the warp and mabey even your hopper
17) try to see if you can get it balanced nice

its late... some of these are opinions/suggestions and my personal expierence apart from the obvious.

also, welcome to AO and the mag world.

ThePixelGuru
01-23-2006, 01:32 AM
If your Warp Feed doesn't work, lube the friction discs. That can be a ***** to find out on your own sometimes. And Intellifeed it.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-23-2006, 02:07 AM
high input pressure on adjustable tank = heheheheheehehehehehehe :D
(hehehehehehehehe :D meaning very reactive trigger)

Recon by Fire
01-23-2006, 03:07 AM
X-valve with LX bolt.

Pacifist_Farmer
01-23-2006, 08:44 AM
X-valve with LX bolt.

Once you've got those, keep it lubed and tuned and never take it apart more than absolutely necessary, it will work forever. Per my mag experience, the problems I've had with the guns are all caused by me.

Arstron
01-23-2006, 11:48 AM
3 drops of oil in your asa before you screw your tank on will keep the mag doctor away! :dance:

When it comes to valve upgrades, if they arent made by AGD, dont waste your money on them.

UTDragun
01-23-2006, 12:10 PM
3 drops of oil in your asa before you screw your tank on will keep the mag doctor away! :dance:
or take out the reg and lube everything vigirously with dow or similar lube.

hardr0ck68
01-23-2006, 12:55 PM
if you buy a classic valved mag, never reuse reg seats. The silly things are only a buck or so a peice, put a new one in every time you split the reg. YOu consistancy over the chronograph will be much better. Also once you have a fresh reg seat in and all set to go, you shouldent need to split the reg for at LEAST a year, i have gone 3 or 4 years.....but once you take the halves appart (even if the reg seat was just one game old) you are gonna want to replace it.

Coralis
01-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Because mags have very few moving parts they can be sometimes difficult to troubleshoot especially for people who have shot cockers for a long time . Just remember most of the time any problem (id say 8 of 10 times) is caused by a some sort of oring problem.

snoopay700
01-23-2006, 09:13 PM
If you play more capture the flag where you just sprint after getting it and want a really well balanced gun, get a 48-68 ci tank and a drop forward, it'll do wonders for baancing.