PDA

View Full Version : Autoresponse Frame - Video Clip

UThomas
01-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Thought you guys might appreciate this, I got an autoresponse frame in and made a short (800kb) vid of the sear movement and then some dry firing. Its mounted on golden gun #10 btw :)

http://home.comcast.net/~thomas_mitchell/Pics/Autoresponse.wmv

http://home.comcast.net/~thomas_mitchell/Pics/Gold_Response1.jpg

grEnAlEins
01-24-2006, 04:09 PM
pretty frickin sweet :cheers:

Troen
01-24-2006, 04:45 PM
its genius.

Skoad
01-24-2006, 04:49 PM
looks pretty tough to pull.

SummaryJudgement
01-24-2006, 04:52 PM
I heard that the guy that invented the autoresponce frame actually traded the design to Airgun for a minimag or something along those lines. Don't know if it's true, just heard it before.....

ThePixelGuru
01-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Well, you decided to show it off, so now you've gotta deal with me spamming you with questions.

How long/heavy is the trigger pull? How much back/forward slop does it have, if any? Is it still as "crisp" as the stock trigger pull?

What length barrel is that? How far from the front of the Qloader to the foregrip? Could you mount the Qloader vertically from the Minimag shroud?

Nice Minimag, though. Peace.

EDIT: Where do you play that lets you use that? Just outlaw, or what?

etjoyride
01-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Thats cool, is this one of Classicmaggers old ones? Also, about how fast do you think you can pull with it?

skife
01-24-2006, 05:55 PM
hmmm, maybe i should pick one up for tourney play, they usually allow different firing modes around here. I can hit 6bps with a mech piranha and probably that with a mag, so 12bps?
sounds good enough to me.

UThomas
01-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Thanks guys, glad you like it.

How long/heavy is the trigger pull? How much back/forward slop does it have, if any? Is it still as "crisp" as the stock trigger pull?

Long and heavy. Not sure how many pounds or whatever, I just got it last night :) Little if any forward slop (you have to let it go all the way forward to shoot), little if any backward slop if you want it to be in response mode. Mine was modified by proline to have a setscrew behind the trigger to make it non response. In that case it shoots like a slightly heavier benchmark frame, and cuts the overall pull in half or so. The pull is not crisp like a stock frame. There is a lot of side to side play also.

What length barrel is that? How far from the front of the Qloader to the foregrip? Could you mount the Qloader vertically from the Minimag shroud?

Probably 12 inches? I have it boxed in my closet right now. An inch or two? Probably could mount it vert (if I had a wide enough q-loader ring, which I doubt), but didn't want to scratch the gold plating.

EDIT: Where do you play that lets you use that? Just outlaw, or what?

Haven't played with it yet (haven't even ran paint through it actually). I plan on playing with it at the local field though. Seems a lot safer than the electros and the young refs rarely bother me (except for being lazy and not starting games :))

Thats cool, is this one of Classicmaggers old ones?

Yep, bought this and a black CP on/off for my halfblock.

Also, about how fast do you think you can pull with it?

Not too sure, I'm not good at guessing that. I can definitely pull faster than at the end of the video, but since I haven't run paint through it yet I don't know how "deliberate" I have to pull the trigger to keep from chopping (which would slow me down).