PDA

View Full Version : AO Problems...Mods or webmaster please read!

OakleyCustoms
01-24-2006, 05:43 PM
I had no idea where to post this so here it is...probably in the wrong forum.
I'm having problems with AO and have been for several months.
just so i could get some sort of reply i had to start a new screen name (this one).
I've tried e-mailing the webmaster and it just bounces back.

I have not been able to post using my regular screen name (harpo568) for several months.I checked the banned list and I'm not on it.
any ideas why or what i can do about it? (...I know...you guys hate me...*sniff*...a tiny tear trickles down my cheek and drips onto the keyboard...)
my e-mail address is correct (I checked again today).
I can log in with no problems.
I can search the forums and use the user CP...just can't post new threads or reply to threads.

MarkM
01-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Moved the thread across to here as other Mods will see this rather than tucked away in the Meet & Greet forum.

I have checked your older user name and it is saying that you are awaiting email confirmation, so perhaps you might want to take a look in your Junk mail, though it is likely that the mail server (if your email address is correct on the profile I have looked at) will have deleted this automatically by now.
Send me a PM with the email addy you used to sign up for AO, don't post it in this thread and I will investigate further.

Load SM5
01-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Chances are good you missed the email to activate your account or the spam filter ate it. Either way, you're set now. I activated the harpo568 name.

OakleyCustoms
01-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks guys, you are awesome.
Guess i should have done this sooner.

I stopped getting notifications some time last fall and that's when I tried changing e-mail addresses...twice. I never got a confirmation e-mail (or it bounced for some stupid reason)... tried e-mailing the webmaster and a couple of the mods in October or November. The e-mails to the webmaster bounced and i just wrote it off to a temporary problem...then got busy and haven't had time to do much online until now.

anyway thanks again!

MarkM
01-25-2006, 06:02 AM
Post up on this thread with the reactivated account so that we know it is working.

harpo568
01-25-2006, 11:23 AM
It's working just fine now...
thanks again for your help!!

MarkM
01-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Ok good that it is working ok. The account you used to notify us of the problem is now gone.

shives007
08-24-2006, 08:14 AM
I've dropped a couple of emails to the webmaster and gotten no response, so I searched and found this thread. Almost 2 weeks ago, I tried to log into my "shives" account which I have been using for ages. I was told I had an incorrect username or password. Tried a couple more time to make sure. Then, asked for a new password. I was told my email address was unrecognized. Funny, been using that for ages too. Jonesing to get on, I think I made the problem worse by creating a "shives007" account w/ the same email address. I have lots of PM's subscribed threads, & feedback under "shives". How can I get it back?

Shives

Ole Unka Phil
08-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Every once in a while the thing just goes haywire and for some reason a few of these accounts get wierd. Happens in spurts or something. I never could figure out why. Would get a couple at a time and then everyrhing cool for a while. Beats me. But... hense my new motto... "I used to care" :D