PDA

View Full Version : viking questions

master_alexander
01-24-2006, 08:15 PM
ok so i am probably finally getting a viking. i have a few questions about them that i have never been able to find out and get a straight awnser.

what barrel threads do they have?
how often would i need to do a full gun cleanthrough?
what are the specifics on the predator board for it?
in your opinion, what is a good trigger for it?

thats all for the moment..

mabey more later

Steelrat
01-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Cocker threaded barrels. Feedneck uses AKA threading, which is essentially cocker barrel threading. Toughest feedneck threads out there.

You really don't have to give it a full gun internal cleaning. To even get the end caps off, you need the AKA toolkit. You only use aka synthetic oil, so there really is no buildup like with DOW 33/55. Exterior on most vikings is type 3 hard anno, which only needs a wipedown with a cloth. VERY tough finish.

Never tried the predator board. I loved the WAS board, hated the pandora, never tried the tadao.

Best triggers I ever used on it were the JMJ magnetic ones, and specifically the JMJ reverse blade magnetic. You can also set it up with a spring-return razorblade trigger and have it run very very nicely.

I'll toss some more info out for you.

-amazing efficient, approx 2000 shots off a 68/45
-quality machining
-very dependable
-only maintenance needed is to shoot oil through it before/after a day of play
-No upgrades needed. Even a stock 03 with eyes is perfect in stock form. AKA includes the best LPRs and regs standard.
-helpful forum on PBN

If you have anymore questions, I'd be glad to answer them.

etjoyride
01-24-2006, 08:47 PM
I have enver had to strip mine totally down in the past 2 months. I just put some oil in the ASA and dry fire some.
PRED???? tadao is amazing, wa sis good, haven't used pandora.

I'll be out at H&R on sat. or sun. if you want to meet

master_alexander
01-24-2006, 09:01 PM
yea ive been around pbn and stuff.

love the info, keep it coming. makes me want it more and more :)

etjoyride- im just gonna pm you...

Cow hunter
01-24-2006, 10:26 PM
very nice, minimum of maitmence, my good friend owns 2 vikings, a highlander '04 and a totally DC custom, full mill, botha have tadao m5's and i can honestly say its the most amazing thing ive ever shot...... i believe it can run on something like only 100psi? but the only thing really needed to maintain it is to wipe it down and use oil.....

etjoyride
01-24-2006, 10:28 PM
alright let me know...we'll both have our vikes :D

68magOwner
01-24-2006, 10:30 PM
My favorite marker in existance, bar none.

WenULiVeUdiE
01-24-2006, 10:35 PM
what barrel threads do they have?
how often would i need to do a full gun cleanthrough?
what are the specifics on the predator board for it?
in your opinion, what is a good trigger for it?

Any cocker threaded barrel will work.

Full gun cleaning? What's that? Normally, people may send their Viking's in once a year to DC for a cleaning. However, it is not imperitive. As long as you oil it before every use, it shouldn't need anything for a long time.

Predator board- I would not expect anything anytime soon. They still have not finished the E-Mag boards. What makes you think the Viking boards will come any sooner? If you are looking for a board with lots of adjustability and firing modes, Tadao will have to do. It's fun watching a multi-color LED ;)

Trigger- I have never been one to be picky about this. The JMJ Razorblade is a nice trigger on it's own. However, there are alot of other choices. Froth makes quite a few out of both delrin and garolite. JMJ makes several other styles as well.

Good luck with your purchase. Know that the AKA family is great to be apart of. You'll enjoy it here.

Cow hunter
01-24-2006, 10:41 PM
maybe to clarify things for you a bit, DC stands for destructive customs, they work of northhampton mass, ive been there a few times and its pretty cool..... they specialize in mags and AKA's. ive only met one of them and its a pretty sweet setup they've got for custom work, its all in the corner of a garage.... great work has been done there

MicroMiniMe
01-24-2006, 11:33 PM
There are only a few Vikings with Predator/Mini Morlock boards in them. Gerbilgod had/has one if you want to look him up. Most have WAS/Pandora/Tadao boards.

If it comes with a JMJ Razor blade trigger thats pretty good too. The stock trigger is fine too. Most of the tweaking preference is for cutting the trigger spring down with a lighter switch or taking it out entirely with the stock switch.