PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye SS25? Pump players behold!

SniperSmurf
01-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Seems a little pointless, but yeah, I want one!
DM5 "Sniper" (http://www.paintballtimes.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16970&posts=18)

warbeak2099
01-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Wow!!! Cool, that's awesome. I was expecting something a little cleaner looking, but still cool.

etjoyride
01-24-2006, 08:43 PM
I heard bout it awhile back. I guess if you have an extra 800 or w/e then it would be fun. Especially if you make it look really nice like mill the body a groove or something, and clean up the back and maybe a different pump arm. Still cool though

camilion705
01-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Perhaps the DM series isnt the best platform for a pump marker...

SniperSmurf
01-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Well, neither is the Mag when you think about it... but I'd love one of those too! :D

Edit: Let me elaborate, before I get crucified here. I simply meant that the valve design (on either marker) does not in any way need or benifit from a pump. If you are talking about asthetics then I agree. Look at a phantom and a mag side-by-side. Look similar at all? Mags make excellent pumps while the DM looks pretty clumsy. IMO, Snipers look pretty clumsy next to phantoms though, but I still prefer the way they (snipers) feel.

magman007
01-24-2006, 08:57 PM
i dont get how he is even using the trigger, with a spooler, you can push the bolt forewards, and still cycle the marker, without even touching the trigger, since you are emptying the dump chanber. interesting to say the least.

Recon by Fire
01-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Pretty darn old news....

snoopay700
01-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Well, neither is the Mag when you think about it... but I'd love one of those too! :D
Well there was a conversion kit, but they stopped selling them, got half as many shots as phantoms.

grEnAlEins
01-24-2006, 09:10 PM
It may be old news, but I never seen it before, super cool! Thats all I can say

SniperSmurf
01-24-2006, 09:23 PM
Well there was a conversion kit, but they stopped selling them, got half as many shots as phantoms.
Yup, I know. I've got most of the parts, but have yet to spring for a notched rail (or have someone mill one for me)

master_alexander
01-24-2006, 10:01 PM
heh.. i had that pic and lost it. glad i have it again.

lol.

MoeMag
01-25-2006, 04:18 AM
I respect pump guns, but that boy needs his head checked. Hopefully he made it out of a messed up dm.

But the irony is enough to justify it :hail:

siloseven
01-25-2006, 04:56 AM
yyeeepppp. somebody had WAY too much money, and WAY too much time to kill.

and yeah I herd and saw this long time ago. ahh well, :cheers:

Rudz
01-25-2006, 11:53 AM
and he coulda bought how many snipers or phantoms for the cost of making that?

UTDragun
01-25-2006, 01:14 PM
I respect pump guns, but that boy needs his head checked. Hopefully he made it out of a messed up dm.

But the irony is enough to justify it :hail:
if you actually read the post it says that he did not use any permanent body mods so I guess that means if he put the stock parts on again he can overshoot you once again

whistl3r
01-25-2006, 01:41 PM
i like guns that are modular pumps.. like you can turn it from pump to semi. if i was rich and had a karni i would totally do that. haha i heard that pump karnivores are called herbivores.

CoolHand
01-25-2006, 04:42 PM
The guy who built it is an R&D engineer for DYE.

I guarantee he didn't even pay wholesale for it to start with, AND he said that he didn't modify the body in any way, so he can just swap the parts out and go right back to semi-auto if he likes.

The trigger and solenoid still activates the marker, the pump just cycles the recharge poppet in the back (meaning that portion of the bolt has been separated, and is moved manually now).

If you pull the trigger five times, you shoot one ball, and get four loaded into your barrel. The only way to recharge the dump chamber is to actuate the pump.

Pretty cool take on a pump IMO. Like an EPnue assist pump. Neato mosquito.

:ninja:

onedude36
01-25-2006, 04:45 PM
is there an electro pump where all the pump arm does is activate a sequence on the board which allows the next trigger pull to fire the marker? This would allow for super tiny triggers and pump strokes. yay for fast pumps.

Ares9989
01-25-2006, 04:47 PM
ugly as sin, the guy didnt even try to make it look good

CoolHand
01-25-2006, 06:02 PM
ugly as sin, the guy didnt even try to make it look good

:rofl:

I love how paintballers are all about performance, do anything for a performance boost . . . . . . . . unless it compromises the beauty of the marker in any way shape or form.

That little oxymoron is a constant source of glee for me.

Ares9989
01-25-2006, 06:05 PM
well look at it... the cocking rod is just hanging there, connected to the bolt via some bar.

ThePixelGuru
01-25-2006, 07:30 PM
is there an electro pump where all the pump arm does is activate a sequence on the board which allows the next trigger pull to fire the marker? This would allow for super tiny triggers and pump strokes. yay for fast pumps.
Hrm, this makes me think... What if I put a pump kit on an Ebladed 'cocker (for instance), but put a microswitch behind the pump arm? 1mm pump stroke + Eblade/autotrigger = 10 round tube in 1 second.

Anyone know what pump rules have to say about electros? I'd love to make some oldschoolers cry by showing up to a pump tourny with that. Yeah, I'm a bastard. :D

SCpoloRicker
01-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Hrm, this makes me think... What if I put a pump kit on an Ebladed 'cocker (for instance), but put a microswitch behind the pump arm? 1mm pump stroke + Eblade/autotrigger = 10 round tube in 1 second.

Anyone know what pump rules have to say about electros? I'd love to make some oldschoolers cry by showing up to a pump tourny with that. Yeah, I'm a bastard. :D

Super High Output (http://www.paintballmaxx.com/main/services/custom/sho/)

The SHO built by Paintball Maxx uses standard cocker pneus... :)

camilion705
01-25-2006, 08:09 PM
I was under the impression that any "pump-assit" style mechanism is normally not allowed for stock class play. You must manually pump the marker to reload a ball and reset the hammer/whatever firing mechanism is used.

or am I mistaken? :tard:

RRfireblade
01-25-2006, 08:09 PM

It would fall into the modified pump.

IMO, there is only true SC pump and 'Other' but as a pumper you have to take what you can get. I do find it interesting that my SC Karni seems to have had a lot of influence in the 'semi' world even tho the Karni was a far more drastic one way conversion...kudos to any attempt at modernizing the pump marker and atract attention to the form of play.

NoForts4Me
01-26-2006, 08:02 PM
I'd love to make some oldschoolers cry by showing up to a pump tourny with that. Yeah, I'm a bastard.For some reason, I have a feeling that if you showed up with any pump, modified or not, and played a bunch of "old school" pumpers, they would not be the ones crying. ;)

On topic, I've not seen that...pretty cool. Not as cool as RR's Karni, though.

AgentSmith
01-27-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm pretty sure it would be simple to make a pump electro with a spring return solenoid. Just replace the return spring on the solenoid with your left arm.
What am I missing? That's too simple...hmmm

Rob

Arstron
01-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Only 20 shots off of a 12 gram? I thought DM's was more efficent then mags? I get on average 25 shots on a 12 gram with my pump mag. That would be a fun project, but I would rather spend my time on other things... like new ways to make an electronic automag or a complete mech ion. :D

slade
01-27-2006, 05:18 PM
thats pretty cool... maybe ill have to look into making one for rec play, just for the hell of it.

it has nothing on RRfireblade's pump karnivore though.