PDA

View Full Version : Should I purchase DevilMAG for $350? What should I do?

PnueMagger
01-24-2006, 11:05 PM
So i came across this guy selling a devilmag for around 350 dollars. :eek: Sure looks like a devilmag and he said 4 tourneys were played on it last year. Is that a lot for a devilmag? Will the noid or board be shot? Can the noid be replaced? Should I take the deal? Should i swoop it like a :ninja: then trade it?

He'll get back to me on email hopefully before someone else finds him and slaps some sense into him. :tard:

Pray for him to check his mail box right now!!!

11 Bravo
01-24-2006, 11:09 PM
You'll never find one cheaper than that. Grab it. He's crazy :tard:

PnueMagger
01-24-2006, 11:14 PM
what do they run for on AO or somewhere?

11 Bravo
01-24-2006, 11:47 PM
I depends on the body etc, but the ones I have seen were selling for $800.00 to $1,000.00 in the b/s/t section.
I am not saying that they have not sold for cheaper, I just havent seen it.

etjoyride
01-25-2006, 12:55 AM
I think the cheapest ive seen for a dmag was 625 or somthing. and the cheapest for a dmag copy was 500 or so. so yes it is a good deal

Rudz
01-25-2006, 12:59 AM
hes ripping you off, give me his info, ill straighten him out for you..

PnueMagger
01-25-2006, 03:08 AM
hes ripping you off, give me his info, ill straighten him out for you..
Even if it is a rippoff, it's got a ULE Body, Xvalve, Chimera Frame, Devilmag-like rail, and Boomy.For 350, that's still a deal. As long as get I don't get the old :ninja: routine from him. I'm using Paypal though. He had an emag fs too!

Troen
01-25-2006, 06:48 AM
Even if it is a rippoff, it's got a ULE Body, Xvalve, Chimera Frame, Devilmag-like rail, and Boomy.For 350, that's still a deal. As long as get I don't get the old :ninja: routine from him. I'm using Paypal though. He had an emag fs too!
he was joking, implying he was going to buy it first.

PnueMagger
01-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Well i think he got a little smarter and upped his price to $550. Here is the setup for $550, he may be including a evoII hopper too (still trying to finalize the deal). So Devilmag - 88/4500 - EvoII (maybe) for $550. Good deal?

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/f7_1_b.JPG (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

MarkM
01-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Ignore the prices for the moment but if that is the pic of the actual marker then something ain't right. white is nigh on impossible to anno, some have been done but they are rarely as bright as that so paint or powder coating is more likely, Devilmags ALL have breakbeam eyes, there isn't enough "meat" on the ULE to do this internally so again something isn't right.

rkjunior303
01-25-2006, 09:24 AM
yeah, that's a mech logic frame on there. ask to see a picture of the internals.

BigEvil
01-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Yeah, something isnt right... thats a logic frame. The DMs use Rouges frames.

And its a classic valve, btw.

11 Bravo
01-25-2006, 09:32 AM
Looks like it was too good to be true. :cry:

phantomhitman
01-25-2006, 09:34 AM
I just want to know if that is ano or powder coat, I tried my best to pay 3 different ano companies to try white ano and none would attempt to. That is simply beautiful. Also, that is not a devil unless:
1-he bought a diy board
2-chris did a random devilmag with a ton of different parts

He will install the elctronics into anything that will fit them so the logic grip doesnt bother me, neitehr does the no eyes, but the classic valve does. I have seen that tatoo from somewhere.......I cannot remember.

rkjunior303
01-25-2006, 09:38 AM
That's definitely powdercoat.

Absolute Finish does a great white -- all it really is is a beadblasted silver which gives it the milky appearance.

phantomhitman
01-25-2006, 09:41 AM
I talked to the ano companies about doign that and they still told me they would not warrant their work. Something about it wears too quickly even if its clear coated/sealed on top.

11 Bravo
01-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Also, that is not a devil unless:
1-he bought a diy board
2-chris did a random devilmag with a ton of different parts

He will install the elctronics into anything that will fit them so the logic grip doesnt bother me, neitehr does the no eyes, but the classic valve does. I have seen that tatoo from somewhere.......I cannot remember.

Thats true the frame and not having eyes doesnt matter. There are all kinds of Devil mags out there with and without eyes. The classic valve does make me wonder though.
I would want to see a pic inside the frame before I sent the money.

Skoad
01-25-2006, 10:15 AM
i was watching that ebay auction until he took it down. I've asked him about the xvalve, he said it is white and not in the photos. I've also asked him if that is anno, powdercoat, or paint....he said it's anno. :rolleyes:

Oh and chances are, if he has a devilmag...or logic parts, he reads AO ;)

rkjunior303
01-25-2006, 10:16 AM
I talked to the ano companies about doign that and they still told me they would not warrant their work. Something about it wears too quickly even if its clear coated/sealed on top.

talk to destructive customs.

Chronobreak
01-25-2006, 10:37 AM
well incase you diddnt realsie yet, stay away from this deal/buyer

too many irregularites

Rudz
01-25-2006, 11:16 AM
see i told you, shoulda let me take care of it, but noooo...lol that is iffy though..if anything its a logic frame, custom diy setup, classic valve, and a bolt on version, with no eyes..im intrested in the anno, if it indeed is, but im not gonna keep my hopes up...and not all devilmags have breakbeam eyes, there is a bolt on version that allows you to use your level 10 bolt, if you choose to, and trust it..

warbeak2099
01-25-2006, 11:36 AM
Thats true the frame and not having eyes doesnt matter. There are all kinds of Devil mags out there with and without eyes. The classic valve does make me wonder though.
I would want to see a pic inside the frame before I sent the money.

Yes, the frame does matter. Chris never did a Devilmag with a Logic frame. He used his own specially made frames and he stated repeatedly that he would never use anything other than those, hyperframes, or mak/booh-yaah frames. That is not a Devilmag nor is it electronic. The rail is an alpha rail btw, there's no such thing as a devilmag rail.

UTDragun
01-25-2006, 01:03 PM
if it came with a while xvalve, 350 would be a decent price for a mech.

PnueMagger
01-25-2006, 01:27 PM
well I asked him for pics and will post them promtly when he replies. But If it is a DM...I either need to have me a small B/S/T to cover the cost. ;)

Thanks all, It's great to that the AO community helps out poeple the way they do, I wouldn't have evn ?ed it if you hadn't of spoken up. :cheers:

PnueMagger
01-25-2006, 01:35 PM
I couldn't find any DevilMag internal Pics of the electronics, could someone PM me or post some? I need something to compare them to. Help would be appreciated.

11 Bravo
01-25-2006, 01:46 PM
Yes, the frame does matter. Chris never did a Devilmag with a Logic frame. He used his own specially made frames and he stated repeatedly that he would never use anything other than those, hyperframes, or mak/booh-yaah frames. That is not a Devilmag nor is it electronic. The rail is an alpha rail btw, there's no such thing as a devilmag rail.

How do you know Chris never did a Logic frame? He has been doing this for awhile maybe he did one and then said what you say he said about the frames. I dont think its a Devil mag but not because of the frame.

11 Bravo
01-25-2006, 01:59 PM
I cant get the pics big enough, but it looks like you can see the trigger rod behind the trigger. If thats so then it definately isnt a Devil Mag or even electric. :(

mcdkid
01-25-2006, 02:17 PM
3rd party trades are always a good idea.

Banshee23
01-25-2006, 02:34 PM
How do you know Chris never did a Logic frame? He has been doing this for awhile maybe he did one and then said what you say he said about the frames. I dont think its a Devil mag but not because of the frame.

He never used the Logic frames. At first he used the hyper frames, after that he had a special batch of RPG frames made up for him to use. He never did an install with a standard Logic or RPG frame as there's nothing inside to mount the parts to, hence the reason for the custom frames. It's definately not a Devilmag...

PnueMagger
01-25-2006, 04:05 PM
well my fellow AO'ers, I have just sent the seller this message.
If it is authentic, hopefully I will get it, otherwise it could find its way to our B/S/T forums.
I hope was not being a sucker. :( I just don't have $$ to trust people, especially with a sketchy DM.

"I am sorry, I do not have that much money to be risky with. Nothing
personal, but I was once had for close to 600 hundred dollars not being
sure. I would be willing to wait for pictures though if your friend would
allow it.

If your friend would like to part out his mag, tell him to do
so on www.Automags.org and he can easily get around 800-1000 for a
devilmag of that caliber, if he can show the forum members that it is an
authentic Devilmag. If you like, I have a membership that he can use to
post the auction, for free.

if he could provide some proof of
authenticity, I would bemore than willing to purchase the marker whenever."

PnueMagger
01-25-2006, 04:58 PM
This was His reply,

"I talk with him already and we wants to keep the board and valve. So I will be putting it back on ebay with normal valve and no electronics. Good luck. joe"

We'll never know...But I think we already did ;)

Thanks All for the help :cheers: . I wish all Paintballers were like those on AO. It's just a different caliber of players around here.

I really am sorry the deal didn't go through :cry:

SCpoloRicker
01-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Theoretically it doesn't need eyes. Bolt on frames were eyes optional.

The frames were originally hypermag frames, milled out. The newer markers are Rogue sourced, again milled way out.

Mainbodies, rails, foregrips, etc are all AGD spec compatible. My DM ran around 1200, and has an 90* frame, eyes, Exige body, splinter rail, bike grip and standard Rogue trigger.

Personally, I think this deal is pretty sketchy. The lowest I've seen hyperframe DMs go for is around 750, and that was due to financial pressure.

warbeak2099
01-25-2006, 07:16 PM
It wasn't a Devilmag nor was it electronic. In the picture the sear rod is even sticking behind the trigger. Chris said he wouldn't do Logic frames because there's no solenoid mount in them and he didn't want to be making one for every frame like Joni did with his mod, and I did with my Arachnamag. The Rogue-syle frames he used were not milled out. They came machined with a noid mount already. That gun, as a mech w/ a classic valve, is worth $300 tops.

Chris_automag_07
01-27-2006, 12:04 AM
the SEAR behind the trigger kinda gives it away :)

phantomhitman
01-27-2006, 12:25 PM
talk to destructive customs.

I did, and they told me know. I even called them to try again and they said no. They even told me the mag is especially bad because of the aluminum used (I didn tell them about my aftermarket body as well) and they said it is terrible were turning brown or bronze. THey told me they wouldnt attempt it with a mag.

Chris did say he would try to install it into anything he could, so the parts of that mag have nothing to do with it. I do not see it happening, but it is possible that it is a devil.

Kyle.Kimber
01-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Well i think he got a little smarter and upped his price to $550. Here is the setup for $550, he may be including a evoII hopper too (still trying to finalize the deal). So Devilmag - 88/4500 - EvoII (maybe) for $550. Good deal?

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/f7_1_b.JPG (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

Send those pics to devilsden.tv The creator should recognize a mag like that. Hope you can get a hold of him though.

11 Bravo
01-28-2006, 11:04 AM
The guy bought it in november as a red mech Mag. And now hes trying to sell it as a white DM and its still mech. Its also been posted for a few days now that you can see the trigger rod behind the trigger. Hes a crook. It never was a Devil Mag.

Dark Side
01-28-2006, 09:16 PM
The guy bought it in november as a red mech Mag. And now hes trying to sell it as a white DM and its still mech. Its also been posted for a few days now that you can see the trigger rod behind the trigger. Hes a crook. It never was a Devil Mag.

Saw it too, was floored until I read that it was completley mech with NOTHING electronic inside. Was a bit wary of the classic valve on a "DM" to begin with.

Pyroboy597
01-28-2006, 09:38 PM
I did not read the majority of this thread, so this may be irrelevant.

Is it possible that by 'devil' he means something different?

WARPED1
01-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Ignore the prices for the moment but if that is the pic of the actual marker then something ain't right. white is nigh on impossible to anno, some have been done but they are rarely as bright as that so paint or powder coating is more likely, Devilmags ALL have breakbeam eyes, there isn't enough "meat" on the ULE to do this internally so again something isn't right.
Probably a powdercoat. It looks like one.

Steelrat
01-28-2006, 10:56 PM
scam

Loguzzzzzz
01-30-2006, 12:28 PM
scamCORRECT!!!

afortuna
01-31-2006, 07:57 PM
I've emailed back and forth with that guy. He painted the frame and body.