PDA

View Full Version : How can I make my e-mag shoot more balls per second?

CY-COE
01-25-2006, 10:31 AM
I just upgraded to a 3.2 emag from my rt pro. How can can I get my emag to shoot more balls per second? Does anyone know of some good trigger mods for the gun or things of that nature?

whistl3r
01-25-2006, 10:37 AM
make your fingers faster by practicing walking on EVERYTHING.. i drive my friends crazy tapping on everything.. but i've gone up 3 bps in the past month and a half. and you could also shave the lump off :)

Dayspring
01-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Use a low SHBF setting.

But that won't help you if your fingers are slow.

11 Bravo
01-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Look in the Deep Blue section and get Lornecashs Xmod software. Also get a Tunablade trigger. :shooting:

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=185314

REDRT
01-25-2006, 07:21 PM
The tunablade is a nice improvement, smooth roller bearing trigger. Adjust the trigger travel shorter also lighten it up. I use a paper punch to make little shims to set the (1) rail magnet futher away from the trigger magnet so the trigger is lighter to pull. I use a paper punch on an aluminum can for the shims 4 or 5 is all, if I remember right. If you use say paper, it is more shims. Trial and error. Just watch out you don't cut yourself if you use the can. Other than that set the shot buffer down and practice. The only other thing you might consider if you still need more bps is upgrading software/new board. That should cover it all.

Pyroboy597
01-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Buy a Pred board when/if they become available. Then you can use PSP Ramping.

CY-COE
01-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Hey thanks for the help guys, I have a tunablade on order. As far as putting the aluminum shims in, do i put them on the magnets that are above the trigger? I have two magnets there right now. I am going to try the magnet mod for sure though.

11 Bravo
01-26-2006, 12:44 AM
Yes you put them under the magnets above the trigger. I would just use a few shims and one magnet. You could also try removing everything and put a bb in place of the magnet with no shims (yes it will stay in place).

MoeMag
01-26-2006, 12:58 AM
How can can I get my emag to shoot more balls per second?

Aim better!? :rofl:

Edit: Sorry, just the way it was worded on the main page, made me laugh... thought I would share the joke.

REDRT
01-26-2006, 01:46 AM
Hey thanks for the help guys, I have a tunablade on order. As far as putting the aluminum shims in, do i put them on the magnets that are above the trigger? I have two magnets there right now. I am going to try the magnet mod for sure though.

The magnet in the rail under the body. You only need 1 magnet. My brother's had like 4 magnets in it! The trigger sucked! I fixed that right away. You place the shims under that single magnet in the rail. By making the magnetic field weaker between the magnet mounted in the rail and the magnet at the top of the trigger it will make the trigger much lighter, but if you make it too light and too short (shorting the travel) it will become tempermental. Meaning it could fire by being bumped. OOPs! So be careful with that. Trial and error. 3.2 has a test mode, trigger on/off. This will aid you in making it reliable. When I had 3.2 mine was extremely light and short. When I installed a predator board for faster rates of fire. The bolt slaming back and fourth much faster caused it to fire, fire without me continueing to pull the trigger (runaway). I had to back it off some and reduce the amount of shims. Although now with the tunablade it is more precision as far as slop compaired to stock, maybe I can lighten it up again. The E/Xmags are wonderful for adjustments to the trigger. All magnets and a set screw on the mode selector cam for travel. Just a nice simple set up. Since your doing a tunablade it doesn't really matter. I find sometimes in older mags the trigger gets paintball gunk up in there and it tends to be sticky along with electrolysis between the trigger pin and the aluminum trigger. Pull the trigger clean it up and it works smoother. That's all I know on that subject. Hope this helps you.

Chrishew09
01-26-2006, 07:59 AM
I have a balled up piece of paper in place of one of the magnets in my E-mag and I have tuned to so it will fire if I blow on it!!!
With the stock trigger I dont know how fast I am shooting but I can easly out shoot my 2005 Apache.
Cant wait to see what happends when I get a Tunablade. :clap:

neppo1345
01-26-2006, 10:52 AM
I have a balled up piece of paper in place of one of the magnets in my E-mag and I have tuned to so it will fire if I blow on it!!!
With the stock trigger I dont know how fast I am shooting but I can easly out shoot my 2005 Apache.
Cant wait to see what happends when I get a Tunablade. :clap:

Dare I say...retarded...

the only reason you can probably shoot that fast is because of bounce...you're gonna hurt someone, probably yourself if you forget to put on a barrel blocker and the wind picks up...

Chrishew09
01-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Dare I say...retarded...

the only reason you can probably shoot that fast is because of bounce...you're gonna hurt someone, probably yourself if you forget to put on a barrel blocker and the wind picks up...
First off, dont be so quick to judge when you dont have all the facts........ :nono:

I was just giving and example that I have adjusted the trigger to fire off of just a blow, but I DO NOT keep it like that to play. And to avoid bounce and the trigger walking away, the SHBF is set b/w 10-20mS.

Dont throw insults out like that, it's just not cool.

neppo1345
01-26-2006, 06:16 PM
First off, dont be so quick to judge when you dont have all the facts........ :nono:

I was just giving and example that I have adjusted the trigger to fire off of just a blow, but I DO NOT keep it like that to play. And to avoid bounce and the trigger walking away, the SHBF is set b/w 10-20mS.

Dont throw insults out like that, it's just not cool.

I had all the facts I needed...and based on those facts...you are indeed retarded...

Troen
01-26-2006, 06:19 PM
put the selecter switch on M and remove battery kill. welcome to the world of hybrid.

REDRT
01-26-2006, 06:50 PM
put the selecter switch on M and remove battery kill. welcome to the world of hybrid.

Oh Hybrid, let me tell you a story. I had a ref almost DQ the gun for that in the chrono area at a tournament. I guess they didn't like the bounce. I explained it was going to be on emode no bounce. Ok then they let it go. They end up DQing it anyway. After hitting the hand held chrono off the concreate to get it to work :rolleyes: , they said it was firing at 480fps :wow:! I don't think that is even possible. That is what they said no lie. Before, They DQed it they had checked it for ramping because it seemed to them it was firing too fast. It had 3.2 software at the time. I guess they just had it in for the the gun that day. Funny thing was after it was DQed the friend that was using it then used a ramping matrix all day with out a hitch. :tard:

Troen
01-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Oh Hybrid, let me tell you a story. I had a ref almost DQ the gun for that in the chrono area at a tournament. I guess they didn't like the bounce. I explained it was going to be on emode no bounce. Ok then they let it go. They end up DQing it anyway. After hitting the hand held chrono off the concreate to get it to work :rolleyes: , they said it was firing at 480fps :wow:! I don't think that is even possible. That is what they said no lie. Before, They DQed it they had checked it for ramping because it seemed to them it was firing too fast. It had 3.2 software at the time. I guess they just had it in for the the gun that day. Funny thing was after it was DQed the friend that was using it then used a ramping matrix all day with out a hitch. :tard:
lemme guess, they used shockers?

REDRT
01-26-2006, 07:46 PM
lemme guess, they used shockers?

Shockers? Who? Not following.

CY-COE
01-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Which mode is actually faster, hybrid or full electronic. They seem to be pretty close from what I can tell :confused:

Dayspring
01-27-2006, 10:16 AM
If you can walk the trigger at a decent rate, then E. If you can't, then probably hybrid.

CY-COE
01-27-2006, 10:30 AM
I here many people talk about the predator board. Who sells that board? Is it better than the morlock board?

bentothejam1n
01-28-2006, 12:05 AM
play bass :confused:
yea if you have seen a really good bass player play before, then you would understand

cra2y86
01-30-2006, 11:11 PM
i hear Flea can shoot 150 bps

flyingpootang
01-31-2006, 03:29 AM
I here many people talk about the predator board. Who sells that board? Is it better than the morlock board?

The predator board is the morlock/mini morlcok. You can go to tagsportz.com for more information. Not to long ago they made a drop in board for the E/XMag, but then stopped soon after.

REDRT
01-31-2006, 06:52 PM
The predator board is the morlock/mini morlcok. You can go to tagsportz.com for more information. Not to long ago they made a drop in board for the E/XMag, but then stopped soon after.

To be more correct. There was a "predator board" when supplies dwindled they used mini-morlocks and flashed them with the predator code. Each of the two were generic and do the same thing. They could be used in any single solenoid marker. Both are ready for eyes, break beam or reflective. The DYI boards came with everything you needed incl eyes. K2 and TAG I believe have been sold out of them. The Drop in predator board you may have read about. Isn't out yet. That board if it ever gets made will be a more direct replacement for the E/Xmag. It has the latest updated predator software and a guess uses the mags bottons for programing and power on/off. It sound like it would be a fine upgrade, but the waiting time has got many upset.

Troen
01-31-2006, 11:05 PM
Shockers? Who? Not following.
for some reason, people who have new shockers, which i think look alot like emags without a battery pack, hate emag owners. emags are far and few between in ct, but alot of refs who shoot shockers were asses to me about my mag because i could shoot faster then everyone else on electro mode....am i being stereo typical? yes.

REDRT
01-31-2006, 11:35 PM
for some reason, people who have new shockers, which i think look alot like emags without a battery pack, hate emag owners. emags are far and few between in ct, but alot of refs who shoot shockers were asses to me about my mag because i could shoot faster then everyone else on electro mode....am i being stereo typical? yes.

I get ya now. My friend using my Emag that day is just a one man show. He really gets attention. If the refs weren't annoyed the other teams were. Real quick, kind of highjacking the tread. Here All I hear is dm this dm that. You otto Buy a Dm whatever. It can't be anything compaired to a DM. I personaly never have had problems with the shocker croud. Maybe they think the Emag is a shocker?

whistl3r
02-02-2006, 01:06 AM
stickers and camo duct tape add 10 bps

matt-o
02-05-2006, 07:11 PM
HK stickers add 10 bps

FlawleZ
02-05-2006, 07:46 PM
I own an E-mag and a Dark Shocker. You can tell the E-mag is of much higher quality. I'm not being biased because I like both guns. Now, honestly its EASIER to shoot the Dark Shocker faster, but I'd much rather have my E-mag anyday.

FARMER00
02-05-2006, 08:23 PM
pull the trigger faster

nate2k191
02-06-2006, 07:34 PM
do you guys think a tunablade is better than a fireblade? and how much would they differ, and compared to a stock 2-finger emag trigger?

11 Bravo
02-07-2006, 01:07 PM
I hate the stock trigger. I also have the Tunablade and the Fireblade. The Tunablade is much better. It has less wobble and also allows for more bps (imo). They are both around the same price.

Note: My oppinion is based on the fact that I have 2 Xmags. One with the Fireblade and one with the Tunablade. The one with the Tunablade is a little faster than the other. I have since replaced the Fireblade with another Tunablade. :shooting: