PDA

View Full Version : My First Mag

Munnin
01-27-2006, 05:48 PM
today started of on a bad foot, the eyedoc thought i might have a detatched retina. (i dont thankfully :headbang: )
then things started to get better, when i got home there was a package waiting for me, so i took it inside and opened it up to discover my new (to me) minimag!

im not sure how old it is, its got the old single trigger frame (i like it, small hands..) and a 68automag Classic valve #CF42641, anyone have an idea?

ive got some questions though, as its my first mag, and an ebay buy (didnt get a manual)
it came with 2 barrels, ones i belive an old dye ss barrel, and the other is a smartparts something or other. is the mag ball denant(sp?.. sry, dyslexic and my pupals are dialated, cant see the keybored) actualy on the twistlock barrels? the squiggly line w/ wire thing held on by o-rings?
and how durrable are the old plastic single trigger frames? if i take a dive wrong will it shatter?

thanks,
doug

Phantom_Mag
01-27-2006, 05:52 PM
No it wont break. VERY VERY STRONG.

SniperSmurf
01-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Yes, that's the detent. You can get plastic ones now to replace the wire if you want.

No, it won't shatter if you take a dive! I believe it's actually some sort of composite material. :D

personman
01-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Maybe this will clear up the issue of the durability of the single trigger frame:
http://www.bininger.com/paintball/miata1.jpg
http://www.bininger.com/paintball/miata2.jpg

Yes, that is a mazda miata :)

ThePixelGuru
01-27-2006, 06:55 PM
The gripframe is really burly, as some have stated and proved. It's carbon fiber, I believe, so no worries about that. It's not coming apart, and if it does (never even heard of that), they're cheap to replace. I would guess the Smart Parts barrel is an All-American. Is it spiral ported? Pictures would help us identify that stuff for you. I'd recommend getting a hold of some plastic ball detents if you can, but remember what the wire ones look like. You can make some out of paperclips in a pinch.

Anyway, enjoy the Minimag. Great markers, I love mine. I'd recommend going to HPA as soon as you can, if you don't have it already. And try any gripframe before you buy it, those stock frames are so comfy I'm not sure I'll ever replace mine. Peace.

Munnin
01-27-2006, 09:36 PM
yep it is a spiral ported barrel, thanks.

can anyone tell me what year it is from that serial?

:eek: i wouldnt trust my car to my grip frame haha, you sir, have balls.

Rudz
01-27-2006, 09:55 PM
yeah detached retinas suck hard...had one..left eye..vision never fully returned..and it was my good eye.....bahh, its life..im over it...

Caffiend
01-27-2006, 10:27 PM
yeah detached retinas suck hard...had one..left eye..vision never fully returned..and it was my good eye.....bahh, its life..im over it...

You're over life? :D

Congrats on the minimag man! Get some pics up and let see it! If you don't have one already, get a motorized hopper (revolution or reloader should work) for it, probably the best performance upgrade I made for my classic.