PDA

View Full Version : Question about buying used gear

temps
01-28-2006, 12:55 AM
I'm in the process of buying something from a guy on shockerowners.com and was wondering what questions and what steps I should take so I dont get screwed.. Do I ask him for his real name, address, phone number.. is there a way to make sure hes telling the truth about his information. Most likly going to use paypal does that give me any security?

Just wondering because I dont want to do:.. heres my address heres my money.. and hope he sends it :rolleyes:

Skoad
01-28-2006, 01:12 AM
If your buying, paypal will help you. If he doesn't send anything, you just tell paypal and they can likely get your money back.

Phone numbers are good. Give him a call if your really worried about it. Another thing to check is if he has feedback.

I've done tons of forum buying/selling. No rip offs yet. Doing forum trading is the way of the paintballer, honest people grossly outnumber the dishonest ones. Shouldn't really worry, unlesss he just joined the forum 2 days ago and his only post is his for sale post :)

Lohman446
01-28-2006, 01:22 AM
I'm in the process of buying something from a guy on shockerowners.com and was wondering what questions and what steps I should take so I dont get screwed.. Do I ask him for his real name, address, phone number.. is there a way to make sure hes telling the truth about his information. Most likly going to use paypal does that give me any security?

Just wondering because I dont want to do:.. heres my address heres my money.. and hope he sends it :rolleyes:

When I sell something I try to make certain to give anyone I am selling something to my name, address, and phone number. I would recommend using whitepages.com or some similar something to verify that the name, address, and phone number match (at least name and address, sometimes there are good reasons on the phone). I personally don't, but I don't buy a lot online either. I would also make certain you are dealing with someone over 18, or if not ask them to have there parents call you. As has been mentioned paypal is pretty decent about helping out if you have a problem.

nyarlathotep
01-28-2006, 02:16 AM
you can also go through a brokerage service like palmer - theyll check the gun, shoot test it, report to you and only then make the exchange for you

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/catalog/brokerage.htm