PDA

View Full Version : Gripframes for AM/MM rails.

behemoth
01-28-2006, 01:41 PM
I bought a gripframe wtih the wings milled into it for an AM/MM rail Like this:

|\___/| instead of _____

Can i just bolt it onto a RTP rail, or will it not work?

-Josh

StygShore
01-28-2006, 01:56 PM
I'm not so sure it will work properly.

The wings were made to wrap up around the enge of the rail to hold the sear pin in place ( same for older micromags ) If you slap it on a RTP rail, I think it will make the frame/sear sit down too low.

Might want to try and find someone with an older micromag body that has a newer frame and see if they would be willing to trade you...

Actually, I know someone.... what type of frame did you get? pics?

Styg

styghsore@comcast.net

Arstron
01-28-2006, 02:32 PM
You would have to grind the wings off flat for it to work right, or get a classic rail.

Chris_automag_07
01-28-2006, 03:19 PM
i had to grind the wings off of a 32 degrees one i bought....wasnt too hard.

luke
01-28-2006, 03:37 PM
I bought a gripframe wtih the wings milled into it for an AM/MM rail Like this:

|\___/| instead of _____

Can i just bolt it onto a RTP rail, or will it not work?

-Josh

Humm, let me see, what would I do? :D

mobsterboy
01-28-2006, 05:55 PM
bite it, then it will work. Or...quick, delete this before derek says something like
"Ur an idiot, Im gonna diss your deceased relatives now and say dumb things like furry chocolate hampsters..."

behemoth
01-28-2006, 06:23 PM
bite it, then it will work. Or...quick, delete this before derek says something like
"Ur an idiot, Im gonna diss your deceased relatives now and say dumb things like furry chocolate hampsters..."

What the hell?

- I got my answer anyways.

Skoad
01-30-2006, 12:07 AM
what gripframe did you buy? I've never seen a gripframe fat enough to actually go up to the V cuts in a classic rail. That thing has to be almost an inch thick.

master_alexander
01-30-2006, 12:37 AM
Humm, let me see, what would I do? :D

heh... i can see it now "WWLD" (what would luke do)

you can get the wings off with a dremel and some sandpaper, i did so one of my old benchmark frames and it works fine....