PDA

View Full Version : * * * Mag Of The Month Vote * * *

RRfireblade
01-28-2006, 08:14 PM
K,

Here's your 3 finalists, in no particular order. I'll leave voting open till the 1st or so. Thanks to everyone who entered , there were some very nice Mags entered, it was very hard to narrow it down to 3.....but......

#1)

Phantom Mags Custom Mag Pistol

http://students.uww.edu/heldml05/Tinymag%20complete%20side%20view.JPG

#2)

rudz tuna x

http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/3186/newgotmpik25rk.gif

#3)

ICOM super custom milled X

http://www.xmagworld.com/images/vv04185/vv04185_011.jpg

And since I'm the judge I'm adding a fourth marker to the finals....

#4)

fullofpaints scenerio nightmare

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/fullofpaint/DSC00276-1.jpg

Munnin
01-28-2006, 08:20 PM
phantom mag.

that thing is dead sexy. as is the red-silver-red xmag, but the phantom mag blows it away.

10/10 for originality and springfeeds are allways welcomed additions!

buzzboy
01-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Man this was a hard vote. Down between the Tuna and the phantom. But I decided.

Pyroboy597
01-28-2006, 08:22 PM
The pistol mag

Munnin
01-28-2006, 08:26 PM
forgive my ignorance, but what is customized besides the barrel on the rudz tuna one? it looks like a normal xmag to me...

tacq
01-28-2006, 08:34 PM
phantom mag is very original

personman
01-28-2006, 08:51 PM
forgive my ignorance, but what is customized besides the barrel on the rudz tuna one? it looks like a normal xmag to me...
the milling... looks hella nicer..

mobsterboy
01-28-2006, 08:56 PM
actually, unless im seeing that wrong, the breech isnt interchangable, so it really isnt an xmag. True xmags have the original xmag body and lowers. Rudz' is a Karta(Im guessing, the kartas and Dallaras are so alike, I'd have to look twice to really tell) Tuna(E)Max. But it is nice. I hope maybe my HyperTyrant will be finished for :ninja: next months MOTM contest :ninja:

Dark Side
01-28-2006, 09:02 PM
#2 for me. That is dead sexy. Ssssooooo many curves.

etjoyride
01-28-2006, 09:03 PM
that tunamag is super hot, but i still went with the phantommag because its amazing and inspired me

DemonBunnyMan
01-28-2006, 09:04 PM
"X" te X is Sex

SniperSmurf
01-28-2006, 09:08 PM
12 grams in an X-valve :confused: Maybe it's not too much of a problem when you've only got 10 Balls... ;)
Love the looks though, but I voted for the ICOM.

The Action Figure
01-28-2006, 11:07 PM
fullofpaints gun is dead sexy

REDRT
01-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Icom has a beauty. :wow: I go for the most bling. Very nice looking marker. Anyone would be proud of that one. :)

11 Bravo
01-29-2006, 12:28 AM
I cant believe some of you people are serious.

Rudz
01-29-2006, 12:39 AM
its a tunamax emag..emag..karta body/ rail..cnc battery pack..ule..tunablade..luke grips..and the real kicker is the custom anno, nicad has said that he believes there were only 2 dust black kartas..and i know there is only one dust black tunamax..hence its extremely unique, the barrel is an end game barrel..i also had a pik of it with a kaner on it..guess he liked the pik of the end game barrel..and the real shocker about tunamaxes is the valves..tuna is one of the few known to be able to succesfully anno a valve..

11 Bravo
01-29-2006, 12:47 AM
..tuna is one of the few known to be able to succesfully anno a valve..

:confused: :confused: AGD has plenty of annoed valves of different colors.

I voted for ICOM. I dont like warp feeds, but yowser nice gun. :headbang:

Rudz
01-29-2006, 12:53 AM
now your just lookin for a fight..you know exactly what i meant, how many dust black valves does agd have??

thanks for the votes every one, im glad i made it this far...

11 Bravo
01-29-2006, 01:02 AM
Oh I am not cracking on your gun its great. You probably should have used the other pics from last time. I think they were better. Dont want to fight have a :dance:

Rudz
01-29-2006, 01:05 AM
the other piks were better, i dont kno if im alowed to post the others..i might put links if i can..but yeah the other set was nicer..

Phantom_Mag
01-29-2006, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the votes all, but DAMN ICOM, that is a beauty, the anno is amazing, milling doesnt do it for me as much, but very original, ive got to say.

SniperSmurf
01-29-2006, 01:34 AM
I was debating on yours, rudz. ICOM could really use that trigger of yours! :D
All very nice contenders, and Phantom - that's pretty dang unique and a super smooth job!
Tough choice...

camilion705
01-29-2006, 01:39 AM
If phantom mag's custom mag pistol had a pump kit on it I'd vote for it, just because I think that would make it unbelievable.... But personally I don't think that paintball pistols are at all useful. Its super sick and very original, but unpractical.

ICOM's super custom milled X is very practical and has better looks than anything I've seen in a while.

...and that's my vote...

Banshee23
01-29-2006, 01:58 AM
tuna is one of the few known to be able to succesfully anno a valve..

That's because he gets them raw from AGD. And people have reanodized their valves before, it just voids any warranty you might have had.

magman007
01-29-2006, 05:22 AM
phantom mags is cool, but icom's is the only one that can be called truelly custom, and truely unique. Phantom mags is readily done, icoms, you will never, ever find another of.

RRfireblade
01-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Any finalists not happy with the posted pic can PM me the link and I'll change it PROVIDING the marker is in the EXACT SAME configuration.

personman
01-29-2006, 10:24 AM
the milling... looks hella nicer..
oh wow nevermind i was talking about the icom xmag not the tunamag

Arstron
01-29-2006, 11:17 AM
I voted for phantom mag, what can I say, I am parctail to 12 gram powered mags! :D

ICOM
01-29-2006, 11:33 AM
You need a top view of my gun! ha its different also!!

UThomas
01-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Niether golden gun made it in? Tough crowd...

REDRT
01-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Niether golden gun made it in? Tough crowd...

I liked the golden guns. Very 007ish...

Troen
01-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Yarg! The PhantomMag shivvers me timbers.

Pyroboy597
01-29-2006, 03:55 PM
The golden guns probably did not make it cause they are not very customized. They may be rare, but they are still for the most part using the parts that they were made with.

RRfireblade
01-29-2006, 06:10 PM
The golden guns probably did not make it cause they are not very customized. They may be rare, but they are still for the most part using the parts that they were made with.

Pretty much. I have #18 and #22 Sydarms and a couple single digit RTs (bunch of one off and single digit other markers too) and while they're cool and unique I'm not impressed by mearly 'stumbling' upon them or simply not selling them all these years. MOTM is more about being individual and a vision of the owner. That's the one thing that has made Mags truly special IMO...the Mag was the "original" Custom marker. I think that angle has unfortunately been lost over the years.

tacq
01-29-2006, 08:17 PM
how does the phantom mag run on co2 with the x valve just asking.
but i still love it

RRfireblade
01-29-2006, 08:32 PM
how does the phantom mag run on co2 with the x valve just asking.
but i still love it

It'll work just fine. Thier not as allergic to CO2 as some people like to believe. ( But you didn't hear that from me ;) )

Troen
01-29-2006, 08:36 PM
It'll work just fine. Thier not as allergic to CO2 as some people like to believe. ( But you didn't hear that from me ;) )
just dont fire fast

Phantom_Mag
01-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Like I always been told, you cant believe everything your told.

Troen
01-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Like I always been told, you cant believe everything your told.
mags arn't reliable?

Phantom_Mag
01-29-2006, 09:24 PM
mags arn't reliable?
What? Okay smarty. Nope mags are not reliable. See you cant believe everything your told, but theres some truth here and there.

UThomas
01-29-2006, 09:40 PM
MOTM is more about being individual and a vision of the owner.

Two of these I could go buy and put together right now with a credit card. The milled X-mag, however, is sweeeeet.

Mad-Medic
01-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Mike that thing looks better every time I see it.....

WHATS NEXT FROM THE LAB.... :wow:

Medic

tacq
01-29-2006, 11:02 PM
how did you convert the 10 round clip to fit that body, what kind of body is that on the phantom mag

Troen
01-30-2006, 06:25 AM
how did you convert the 10 round clip to fit that body, what kind of body is that on the phantom mag
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=185636

Pha|anx
01-30-2006, 10:13 AM
I am partial to X-Mags... What can I say? :p

Rudz
01-30-2006, 11:35 AM
so now im getting dissed cuz my emag is " custom" enough for you?? its a tunamax emag..not a whole lot of them, and a great unique anno...but its not " custom" enough for you? yes the custom milled xmag and the phantom mag are great....but dont ever diss my marker..i spent alot of time and money on it , and im extremly proud of it...if you dont like it..then dont bother posting... :mad: :mad:

11 Bravo
01-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Is this supposed to be about how the gun looks (what I thought) or what may or may not have been glued to a gun.

UThomas
01-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Relax :) Nobody dissed your maker. But I wanted to know what the selection criteria was.

What color is the anno btw? I can't tell too well from the pic... dust grey?

Rudz
01-30-2006, 11:47 AM
u will have to ask the judge to find the criteria..and its dust black..

GordDesigns
01-30-2006, 11:54 AM
so now im getting dissed cuz my emag is " custom" enough for you?? its a tunamax emag..not a whole lot of them, and a great unique anno...but its not " custom" enough for you? yes the custom milled xmag and the phantom mag are great....but dont ever diss my marker..i spent alot of time and money on it , and im extremly proud of it...if you dont like it..then dont bother posting... :mad: :mad:

Hey we all get this way. I have entered 2 different markers in this little competition. Both of which had completely one of a kind CNC milled rails and assorted custom one off goodies.
Neither time was any recognition made.
http://img320.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mini28qy.jpg
http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2magsvsmall4dc.jpg

I have one left up my sleeve that will either be noticed. Or be ignored. ( milled a 1/4 pound off a stock E-mag )

Keep up the hard work and dont get discoraged. Everyone is entitled to their 15 minutes of fame. Yours will come.

:cheers: Gord / GordDesigns

Arstron
01-30-2006, 12:06 PM

Dont feel bad, how many stock class automags with a ULE body and eclipse rail do you see out there? You should feel proud of that marker it is very nice and making it to the finals over all the other beautiful mags is pretty good proof that its a top notch marker. ;)

luke
01-30-2006, 12:50 PM
I have one left up my sleeve that will either be noticed. Or be ignored. ( milled a 1/4 pound off a stock E-mag )

I can't wait to see what you come up with.

The stock class Mag is one of my personal favorites. One day I'll get around to building one in the "spirit" of that design, I think it super cool. :cool:

I've never seen the Emag on the left with the custom rail and battery pack, way cool. I actually had the same idea for a battery pack similar to that, that I was going to do with a set of Emag panels I never released.

Prototype EM Panels> Click here. (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2079339#post2079339)

tanksmx
01-30-2006, 06:31 PM
Hot damn that is a sexy mag phantom. I... can't.... stop... staring...

I actually got a chance to hold that sucker and I have to say... I wish I had one.

Def. My vote is for the Pistol mag... I mean... JEZUZ A PISTOL MAG!

RRfireblade
01-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Alright guys....cool it with the arguements. This is a voting thread not a debate thread.

I picked the markers I liked and thought were cool for a variety of reasons.

One very unique in design ,

One built of a combination of rare and hard to find parts ,

One heavily re-milled and custom anno'd of (fairly rare) stock parts ,

And the only serious Scenerio Marker entered making it unique and rare on its own among the competition.

Oh, I also used 'complete' as part of the criteria. If it's not anno'd , it's not done IMO and should be entered when it is if expected to compete with other complete markers.

This is a pure subjective 'competition' and not one of facts and regulation. It's meant as a FUN AND LIGHT HEARTED AO comeradery. If its going to turn into a bichfest , I won't do it anymore.

Fun guys.....remember what thats like? Or has AO gotten too critical ONLY for the sake of being critical?

Hey we all get this way. I have entered 2 different markers in this little competition. Both of which had completely one of a kind CNC milled rails and assorted custom one off goodies.

For clarification... #1) You Dis Q'd yourself....read the posted rules.

Any one who feels the need for more clarifiction, PM me and I'll be glad to answer as best as I can.

Thanks again,

Jay. :)

DarkMag722
01-31-2006, 03:24 PM
Beautiful Phantom Mag

Automaggot68
02-02-2006, 10:03 PM

I'm dissing your Marker.
It's a freakin' DUSTED Karta. OH NOEZ SO CUSTOM.
You threw on a trigger and a new barrel.
A TunaMax Marker is no better than a REGULAR mag.

You shouldn't be proud of that MArker, Tuna should. He did all of the work.

PDP-TimmY
02-02-2006, 11:09 PM
For clarification... #1) You Dis Q'd yourself....read the posted rules.

Any one who feels the need for more clarifiction, PM me and I'll be glad to answer as best as I can.

Thanks again,

Jay. :)

umm.. Gord didnt violate any of the rules as far as I can tell.. he said he has entered 2 guns in this contest but I'm fairly sure he means 2 different months, because the only one i see from him was his tiny mag, which btw, I saw when he was making it and it's sweet :D

hardr0ck68
02-02-2006, 11:10 PM
I'm dissing your Marker.
It's a freakin' DUSTED Karta. OH NOEZ SO CUSTOM.
You threw on a trigger and a new barrel.
A TunaMax Marker is no better than a REGULAR mag.

You shouldn't be proud of that MArker, Tuna should. He did all of the work.

Well that was very uncalled for. Sigh, i guess the kiddies just cant get along anymore. I think all those in this thread are very nice and definatly show AGD can make a pretty gun (with a lil help from the individuals who own them.

magman007
02-02-2006, 11:29 PM
actually, it was very called for, truthfully, if he cant take someone talking about his gun in negative light, then he shouldnt post it on an internet forum. when he over reacted to someones post, automaggot felt the need to give the guy a reality check.

RRfireblade
02-02-2006, 11:51 PM
umm.. Gord didnt violate any of the rules as far as I can tell.. he said he has entered 2 guns in this contest but I'm fairly sure he means 2 different months, because the only one i see from him was his tiny mag, which btw, I saw when he was making it and it's sweet :D

That could be , when I went back to look his pics didn't come up so. At the time of the judging I had not DQ'd him but his statement in this thread implied he should have been. My appologies if that was not the case but actually had no effect on my decisions.

Other than that I simply prefered Phantoms version to his. My preference , mostly I didn't care for the warp adapter as a solution or the raw unanno'd parts...or the stock carbon trigger frame if you want to split hairs. (and if my memory serves of his marker) :)

GordDesigns
02-03-2006, 03:42 PM
That could be , when I went back to look his pics didn't come up so. At the time of the judging I had not DQ'd him but his statement in this thread implied he should have been. My appologies if that was not the case but actually had no effect on my decisions.

Other than that I simply prefered Phantoms version to his. My preference , mostly I didn't care for the warp adapter as a solution or the raw unanno'd parts...or the stock carbon trigger frame if you want to split hairs. (and if my memory serves of his marker) :)

A; PTP adaptor was nesscary since my wifes marker was a loaner for the experiment.
B; Parts are not raw they are hard annoed for durability. And to prove custom machine work ( it's sexier )
C; Trigger frame is AGD aluminum die cast "brand new part" $20.00

Your forgiven :cheers:

RRfireblade
02-03-2006, 04:36 PM
A; PTP adaptor was nesscary since my wifes marker was a loaner for the experiment.
B; Parts are not raw they are hard annoed for durability. And to prove custom machine work ( it's sexier )
C; Trigger frame is AGD aluminum die cast "brand new part" $20.00

Your forgiven :cheers:

K , I stand corrected. ;)