PDA

View Full Version : Dm6

canilive
01-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Kinda new to the DM series, here. I just bought a new DM6. I used up a whole bag and when I got home, I took out the bolt and (the second to last o-ring, from the back of the bolt) looked as if it snapped. I have a pretty good feeling someone was playing around with it before, I got it. Anyways, I replaced it and lubed everything up. Everything seems fine. Is it normal for the bolt to heat up? You can feel the body getting warm.I also noticed, that while I was firing, you can almost feel a faint amount of air coming out of the back of the bolt. Is this normal? Also, it kinda looks like pink toothpaste almost, that they used to lube up the bolt and what-not. Anyone have an idea, as to what kind of lube that is. I didn't want to mess with it too much, so that is all for now.

slade
01-30-2006, 12:19 PM
im not sure if the bolt should heat up, that doesnt sound right... the lube is probably dow 33, and yes a bit of air should be coming out the back of the bolt when you fire, as long as you dont hear a leak.

madmolly
01-30-2006, 12:27 PM
How could the bolt possibly heat up. If you are shooting extremely fast the condensation of the air alone would cool down the whole body enough to be wet and cold?? I have owned every DM series made and never had a problem but the problem with the bolt oring broke was most likely an unseen piece of metal shaving left inside. That has happened to me once in around 50 DM's I have used/sold

madmolly
01-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Another thing Dye did switch to Dow 33 since it is better in cold weather. I use a combination of Matrix Grease and Gold cup which has worked in temps down to 10 degrees.

rkjunior303
01-30-2006, 12:32 PM
I used strictly Slick Honey in my DM4 while I had it. I didn't have any problems playing into November with it.

RRfireblade
01-31-2006, 10:27 AM
Kinda new to the DM series, here. I just bought a new DM6. I used up a whole bag and when I got home, I took out the bolt and (the second to last o-ring, from the back of the bolt) looked as if it snapped. I have a pretty good feeling someone was playing around with it before, I got it. Anyways, I replaced it and lubed everything up. Everything seems fine. Is it normal for the bolt to heat up? You can feel the body getting warm.I also noticed, that while I was firing, you can almost feel a faint amount of air coming out of the back of the bolt. Is this normal? Also, it kinda looks like pink toothpaste almost, that they used to lube up the bolt and what-not. Anyone have an idea, as to what kind of lube that is. I didn't want to mess with it too much, so that is all for now.

It get's warm when it's new and breaking in orings...especially if thier on the tight side.It'll get less and less as it breaks in.

Yes, a small puff of air comes out the back when you shoot, that's how it vents.

The toothpaste is dow lube...its pink, dye lube is green btw.