PDA

View Full Version : Beam break eyes/ Emag/ Gatling Gun

Dark Side
01-30-2006, 09:33 PM
Going to pick up 2 sets of Emag lowers for my Gatling Gun project. I an planning on electrically connecting the beam breaks to the Emag, BUT don't know anything about the Emag circuitry or even if it is possible to do with the 3.2 software or anything less than the Pred 5.0 code. The whole project rests on the ability to use beam break eyes for my timing gear.

Here's the link:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=190695

Dark Side
02-01-2006, 08:49 PM
anyone know about this?

BigEvil
02-01-2006, 09:34 PM
The software to run break beam and reflective eyes are different. I dont think its possible with the stock board and programing.

Dark Side
02-02-2006, 05:46 PM
maybe with a mini morlock then?

deadmeat
02-05-2006, 09:11 AM
I just woke up, so bear with me a bit.

What about reversing the beam input, and having it so that as the barrels rotate, you have the stationary beam emitter on the non-rotating end, and the break point mounted at each of the barrels, so as the barrels turn, when the beam is solid, and not broken, the barrel is inline and the marker fires.

I'm not familiar with the boards or programming at all, but maybe you could have someone do a custom board just for this.

-meaty

Dark Side
02-05-2006, 12:27 PM
I just woke up, so bear with me a bit.

What about reversing the beam input, and having it so that as the barrels rotate, you have the stationary beam emitter on the non-rotating end, and the break point mounted at each of the barrels, so as the barrels turn, when the beam is solid, and not broken, the barrel is inline and the marker fires.

I'm not familiar with the boards or programming at all, but maybe you could have someone do a custom board just for this.

-meaty

that was basically my idea except to have the timing "gear" movable to allow for perfect timing of the cycle.