PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid out of bussiness!

WARPED1
01-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Look, the rip off artist went under. It's too bad really, other than the stupid Contract Killer grips, they had good stuff!
http://www.hybrid-paintball.com/

Teamslayer76
01-31-2006, 04:48 PM
I LOL'D!
Thats funny. All I have to say.

rkjunior303
01-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Everyone had those grips.. The makers of "Hitman" must have really shafted them.

Troen
01-31-2006, 04:54 PM
i blame behemoth, or whoever ratted them out. :-P

CrimsonGhost
01-31-2006, 04:55 PM
/www.hybridworld.us No, just new web addy :cheers:

Head knight of Ni
01-31-2006, 04:58 PM
Run away Slarty, run. One more needless image company down. :)

bunny5
01-31-2006, 05:02 PM
/www.hybridpaintball.net No, just new web addy :cheers:

MicroMiniMe
01-31-2006, 05:06 PM
The throng of fanbois seem to indicate there are multiple Hybrid sites. Hard to tell if any is the 'official' site. Might be the first move though in a chain of events.

While looking I noticed they [Hybrid] have starting a PB clinic called "Concentration Camp.'
/Classy
//with training how to counter cheaters/cheat(?) to boot

CrimsonGhost
01-31-2006, 05:09 PM
The throng of fanbois seem to indicate there are multiple Hybrid sites. Hard to tell if any is the 'official' site. Might be the first move though in a chain of events.

While looking I noticed they [Hybrid] have starting a PB clinic called "Concentration Camp.'
/Classy
//with training how to counter cheaters/cheat(?) to boot

This wasnt a shot at anyone here was it?
Just making sure . :cheers:

WARPED1
01-31-2006, 05:13 PM
Hmm, both the sites listed just lead to a splash page, no product or ordering, hell, not even contact info.
I call shenanigans on the other sites. Maybe fanbois from PBN?

CrimsonGhost
01-31-2006, 05:16 PM
using the .us one I go to the lead page, then hit enter and I go into the rest of the site...as it was before the take down or whatever this is. :cheers:

Bah, hitting the refresh actualy bumps you to a coming soon site ..with misc links and such.

MicroMiniMe
01-31-2006, 05:19 PM
This wasnt a shot at anyone here was it?
Just making sure . :cheers:

:rofl:
Even if you do like Hybrid, thats your own opinion and your entitled to it. I happen to like the blunt rails. But checking in on PbN and all I see is several posts on other hybrid sites and talk of their newly released soft goods.
The funniest post was the possibility somone hacked the hrbrid website and put the message in.
I still think they better start selling a lot more product, those flesh eating lawyers aren't cheap.

WARPED1
01-31-2006, 05:19 PM
using the .us one I go to the lead page, then hit enter and I go into the rest of the site...as it was before the take down or whatever this is. :cheers:

Bah, hitting the refresh actualy bumps you to a coming soon site ..with misc links and such.
I must have missed the enter, I clicked on Contract Killer and nothing happened.

Even if you do like Hybrid, thats your own opinion and your entitled to it. I happen to like the blunt rails. But checking in on PbN and all I see is several posts on other hybrid sites and talk of their newly released soft goods.
The funniest post was the possibility somone hacked the hrbrid website and put the message in.
I still think they better start selling a lot more product, those flesh eating lawyers aren't cheap.
The only thing I don't like about Hybrid, is thier stupid *** grips and general bad image of paintball(killers and what not). Thier other stuff is great(rails, ASA's etc)

CrimsonGhost
01-31-2006, 05:38 PM

Cool. Just making sure it was NOT a dig to anyone in this thread;)
Have to ask sometimes...never know on the net;)

:cheers:

stop whining buy a mag
01-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Everything but their grips sucked. I still don't understand why people with DM's replace their Stickies with rock hard, skinny grips that have metal in them.

SlartyBartFast
01-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Run away Slarty, run.

As noted, another site is up. But it's awful. The whole thing is flash, links are barely distinguishable, and most of them don't work.

Half of the ones that do bring you to "coming soon". :rolleyes:

Saddest excuse for a website I've seen.

CrimsonGhost
01-31-2006, 06:01 PM
Everything but their grips sucked. I still don't understand why people with DM's replace their Stickies with rock hard, skinny grips that have metal in them.

Yep, and the rest of us with normal fingers use something else.;) They is for midgets I'z tellz ya!! :cheers:

SummaryJudgement
01-31-2006, 06:11 PM
Hmm, both the sites listed just lead to a splash page, no product or ordering, hell, not even contact info.
I call shenanigans on the other sites. Maybe fanbois from PBN?

Shenanigans!

magman007
01-31-2006, 06:52 PM

because

A) they look good

and

B) do you actually grip your grip? didnt think so.

SCpoloRicker
01-31-2006, 07:26 PM

Rofl!

WARPED1
01-31-2006, 08:03 PM

As noted, another site is up. But it's awful. The whole thing is flash, links are barely distinguishable, and most of them don't work.

Half of the ones that do bring you to "coming soon". :rolleyes:

Saddest excuse for a website I've seen.
I agree.

I do. But I know how to shoot, and no, they don't look good.

Rudz
01-31-2006, 08:29 PM

some 1 esle did it, thread was in here somewhere, why do you drap people in who arent even mentioned in here at all?

WARPED1
01-31-2006, 08:35 PM
some 1 esle did it, thread was in here somewhere, why do you drap people in who arent even mentioned in here at all?
I assume it was a joke, hence the smiley.

SPECK
01-31-2006, 08:44 PM
"Hybrid Contract Killer Grips--AUTHENTIC--Buy It Now only $150 NIB!!!!"

Oh boy.... :tard:

WARPED1
01-31-2006, 08:46 PM
I just can't say it enough, those CK grips just annoy the pee out of me! :mad:

slade
01-31-2006, 09:10 PM
i <3 my hybrid frame :(

WARPED1
01-31-2006, 10:11 PM
i <3 my hybrid frame :(
Put non Hybrid grips on it, it'll be perfect:p.

Troen
01-31-2006, 10:27 PM
i was joking about the behemoth thing, i just think we need to draw attention from slarty...RUN!!!

does this mean hybrid was keel hulled?

MicroMiniMe
02-01-2006, 09:13 AM
does this mean hybrid was keel hauled?

Yar, they be caught with stealing from the Spanish silver galleons and now the Armada is huntin' em down flying the 'no quarter' flag.
:argh:

Lohman446
02-01-2006, 09:15 AM
because

A) they look good

and

I need to remember this quote for all the times I hear the advantages of the "skinny" new Matrix frames. I was just having this discussion the other day with some friends, does anyone actually grip there grip? I don't.

magman007
02-01-2006, 10:11 AM
ah but lohman you see, dye was smart when they thought of this, because, the part that your hand actually does come into contact with the frame, is the part that dye has worked on. shortening the distance from the thumb and webbing, to the trigger.

SlartyBartFast
02-01-2006, 10:16 AM
i just think we need to draw attention from slarty...

Me?!? What did I do? :confused:

rkjunior303
02-01-2006, 10:20 AM
i was skeptical about the dye UL frames until I held on. OMG teh butt sex0rs.

Troen
02-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Me?!? What did I do? :confused:

didnt one nationer threaten to bomb your house? here at ao, we threaten to throw you in the brigg. yarg.

Teamslayer76
02-01-2006, 07:53 PM
And I quote " One more round then it's bottles to the ground". They had the last round. Contact KILLAS! :D

WARPED1
02-01-2006, 08:00 PM
didnt one nationer threaten to bomb your house? here at ao, we threaten to throw you in the brigg. yarg.
Make 'im take a long walk off a short plank matey. Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Cow hunter
02-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Everyone had those grips.. The makers of "Hitman" must have really shafted them.
huh? i always thought it had scarface on those "contract killer" grips?

bunny5
02-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Cow hunter: They used alot of "Pop Culture Icons" to come up with ideas for grips....Bruce Lee, Hitman, and even Scarface.

slade
02-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Cow hunter: They used alot of "Pop Culture Icons" to come up with ideas for grips....Bruce Lee, Hitman, and even Scarface.
bruce lee was bunker king... they could have been actually made by hybrid, but they were made for and sold through bunkerking with their logo.

mixwell2
02-02-2006, 03:53 AM
hybrid not out of business...

.com is there old site which has been down almost a year

.net is there new site...still being worked on

Lj and the rest of the guys will be at the Expo in Socal this Febuary...if you have any hater comments say it to his face!!

WARPED1
02-02-2006, 12:53 PM

Lj and the rest of the guys will be at the Expo in Socal this Febuary...if you have any hater comments say it to his face!!
I would, but I live on the right coast, not the left.

Steelrat
02-02-2006, 01:26 PM

Please, spare us the e-toughguy routine. People can say what they want, when they want. Get over it.

Oh, and tell "Lj and the rest of the guys" to stop ripping off other company's intellectual property, and come up with an original idea once in a while. Or at least a halfway decent website. I've seen myspace pages that have more visual appeal.

Lohman446
02-02-2006, 02:06 PM

So, if I accuse (with pretty good evidence) the owner / employee of a company of blatant copyright infringement there going to take a swing at me in a public place? This company has had obvious income for awhile, maybe this isn't such a bad idea :D . Outcome A) They look like an idiot for trademark infringement, no problem for me. Outcome B) He swings at me. In the pursuant lawsuit I'm paid well for my time and efforts, get a restraining order against him, and then attend every paintball event, making it much harder for them to be there without violating the restraining order - someone did this once upon a time.

Good plan... where is there booth going to be, might be worth going.

Troen
02-02-2006, 02:12 PM
So, if I accuse (with pretty good evidence) the owner / employee of a company of blatant copyright infringement there going to take a swing at me in a public place? This company has had obvious income for awhile, maybe this isn't such a bad idea :D . Outcome A) They look like an idiot for trademark infringement, no problem for me. Outcome B) He swings at me. In the pursuant lawsuit I'm paid well for my time and efforts, get a restraining order against him, and then attend every paintball event, making it much harder for them to be there without violating the restraining order - someone did this once upon a time.

yarg. wear an eye patch.

Steelrat
02-02-2006, 02:18 PM
yarg. wear an eye patch.

I say we keelhaul 'em, then string em up on the misenmast.

SlartyBartFast
02-02-2006, 02:59 PM

Sounds like fun! :p

But I think they might want to take a little more than a swing at me. :rofl:

Troen
02-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Sounds like fun! :p

But I think they might want to take a little more than a swing at me. :rofl:
Hi, my name is slartybartfast, and i was the one who contact IOI about the copyright infringment, can i have some free grips? those hitman grips look cool. ATTACK
::pirates storm the world cup with cannons, muzzleloaders and eyepatches:: :argh:

mixwell2
02-04-2006, 03:48 AM

i do not remember saying he was gonna swing at you...stop reading into things.

Please, spare us the e-toughguy routine. People can say what they want, when they want. Get over it.

what e-toughguy routine..you are the one talking about taking action(kidding ofcourse)...i am a big pu**y.
I know people can say what they want, when they want...but that includes me. i do not mind people talking about what i say. A little hostlie banter back and forth is good for the soul. Take your own advice
Lohman did it the right way...he came back with something to say and a little attitude thats good..he did not just tell me to stop it!!

i was in no way speaking on behalf of Lj or Hybrid...just wanted to stir up some stuff. AO'ers used to enjoy a little friendly banter...but on the other hand i have known Lj for about 2 years now...played with him a couple times and so ofcourse i am gonna get a little agitated at some of the comments...

As for them ripping off ideas...yes they do...but atleast they don't patent it and then try to sue other people. plus it's not like its other paintball ideas...no one had scarface grips before they did..and i don't consider using "pop culture" icons as ripping someone off.

so lets just keep posting comments back and forth, mean and nice, try not to get banned and have fun with it...

shartley
02-04-2006, 09:04 AM
If someone, or a company, breaks the law and folks point it out, that does not make them “haters”. And they certainly don’t have to “say it to their face” for it to be a valid comment or point of fact. What would that prove anyways? So the “internet tough guy” comments are very much warranted in this case. Why else would someone say it? Now trying to pass it off as a joke is lame IMHO.

As for them ripping off ideas...yes they do...but atleast they don't patent it and then try to sue other people. plus it's not like its other paintball ideas...no one had scarface grips before they did..and i don't consider using "pop culture" icons as ripping someone off.

Pick one… you first say they DO rip off ideas, then you say you don’t consider using “pop culture” icons as ripping someone off. You can’t have it both ways. But the facts are they DID rip off other companies.

And just because those other companies are not “paintball” companies does not matter. I would bet however that if YOU worked hard at something and it became popular and someone just started making money off of it without paying you your fair share, you would not be so lenient of thieves.

behemoth
02-04-2006, 12:55 PM
How the hell did you drag my name into this?

slade
02-04-2006, 01:05 PM

OMG teh butt sex0rs.

Automaggot68
02-04-2006, 06:47 PM

Oh, and tell "Lj and the rest of the guys" to stop ripping off other company's intellectual property, and come up with an original idea once in a while. Or at least a halfway decent website. I've seen myspace pages that have more visual appeal.

So uh.
What are you doing on myspace ,Ryan?

Steelrat
02-04-2006, 08:15 PM
So uh.
What are you doing on myspace ,Ryan?

Actually, it wasn't me. It was, uh, a friend. Of a friend.

You know.

SCpoloRicker
02-04-2006, 09:03 PM
slade:

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/7978/owlbuttsecks7tu.jpg

Wow. Three golden responses in a row.

Troen
02-04-2006, 10:01 PM
for some reason you were the first name that came to mind while thinking of a patsie so slarty could can away, no hard feelings

behemoth
02-04-2006, 10:02 PM
for some reason you were the first name that came to mind while thinking of a patsie so slarty could can away, no hard feelings

Always hard feelings.

You will be slandered 10 fold.

slade
02-04-2006, 10:08 PM
Always hard feelings.

You will be slandered 10 fold.
2k5/6ers are the freshmen of the intarweb.

behemoth
02-04-2006, 10:38 PM

haha, that makes you a sophmore.

slade
02-04-2006, 10:45 PM
haha, that makes you a sophmore.
no no, see, coolness is also factored in.

/and if youre implying youre a senior... lets ask the mods about that.

behemoth
02-04-2006, 10:47 PM
no no, see, coolness is also factored in.

/and if youre implying youre a senior... lets ask the mods about that.

What do the mods have to do with my join date?

personman
02-06-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm a freshman.

Crap.

p.s. what's this thread about again?

Glickman
02-06-2006, 01:05 AM
sorry got into this thread late but..

"concentration camp"

their lucky theres nothing left to their site or someone might have pulled it down other ways http://imgs.pbnation.com/smilies/dodgy.gif

since this thread is going everywhere slow....

eisbrecher FTW!

mixwell2
02-06-2006, 01:14 AM
If someone, or a company, breaks the law and folks point it out, that does not make them “haters”. And they certainly don’t have to “say it to their face” for it to be a valid comment or point of fact. What would that prove anyways? So the “internet tough guy” comments are very much warranted in this case. Why else would someone say it? Now trying to pass it off as a joke is lame IMHO.

Actually it does not apply...it would apply if i said that I would be kicking someones butt or if i said come say it to my face...the reason i said it is because alot of people do have the "etoughguy attitude" but can't back it up...one person did back themselves up the other did not and tried to turn it towards me. i am not trying to pass it off as a joke. I am just making it clear because people do read into things when they feel confrontation.

Pick one… you first say they DO rip off ideas, then you say you don’t consider using “pop culture” icons as ripping someone off. You can’t have it both ways. But the facts are they DID rip off other companies.

ok i will...their clamping feed neck..rip off...i remember seeing their rail before they came out with it...rip off...slider on/off...rip off...pop culture icons i don't think it's a rip off when pertaining to the grips. now the logo they used from the game or whatever yeah that would be a rip off to me but something like the Scarface character, not to me. i can't speak for the rest of their stuff, like the regs, bolt guides, frames, etc.

And just because those other companies are not “paintball” companies does not matter. I would bet however that if YOU worked hard at something and it became popular and someone just started making money off of it without paying you your fair share, you would not be so lenient of thieves.

i never said anything about other companies not being "paintball companies", i don't know where that came from.
i am a dj and have created many tracks from scratch. Some of those tracks have been sampled and used by other dj's to make money, but that does not bother me at all. If anything that is a sincere form of flatery. Now if i think that something is my own and i want it for me...then yeah i would get a patent or trademark and go after someone in violation if it was 1. worth my time, 2. the money made decreased my profit. i bet you feel bad for they guy in the commercial who says "Snap your fingers, the light comes on..that was my idea"

i am sure everyones is tired of this crap back and forth so i am done

what no applause??

Glickman
02-06-2006, 01:45 AM
i never said anything about other companies not being "paintball companies", i don't know where that came from.
i am a dj and have created many tracks from scratch. Some of those tracks have been sampled and used by other dj's to make money, but that does not bother me at all. If anything that is a sincere form of flatery.

you see, the difference here is this:
-How much did you invest in making these Cd's?

vs

-Paying an artist an arm and a leg to design an original design for your company
-Paying Copyrighting fee's

it might not be worth your time, but thats because you didnt pay $10,000+ in art production and other fee's.

ok think of this now.

it costs you $5,000 to develop the CD. other DJ's just take the music for free and could compete with you since they have the same music

so eager to share?

shartley
02-06-2006, 06:30 AM
ok i will...their clamping feed neck..rip off...i remember seeing their rail before they came out with it...rip off...slider on/off...rip off...pop culture icons i don't think it's a rip off when pertaining to the grips. now the logo they used from the game or whatever yeah that would be a rip off to me but something like the Scarface character, not to me. i can't speak for the rest of their stuff, like the regs, bolt guides, frames, etc.
Well you may not be familiar with the law then, but many “pop culture” items are are "owned" by people or companies. Those who own the rights make money from its/their use.

Let me refresh you memory…

i am sure everyones is tired of this crap back and forth so i am done

what no applause??]
Good idea, and no. ;)

SlartyBartFast
02-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Sad. The asinine (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=asinine) behaviour of PBN has infected AO.

Time for the mods to put 2k5er and 2k6er in the swear filter I guess. When someone joins has no bearing what-so-ever on whether what they have to say is valid or intelligent. The respect due an opinion should be based on the opinion and the ideas expressed in the opinion. Not how much time has passed since bothering to signup and choose a member name.

Even if meant in jest let's keep the influence off AO.

Troen
02-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Sad. The asinine (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=asinine) behaviour of PBN has infected AO.

Time for the mods to put 2k5er and 2k6er in the swear filter I guess. When someone joins has no bearing what-so-ever on whether what they have to say is valid or intelligent. The respect due an opinion should be based on the opinion and the ideas expressed in the opinion. Not how much time has passed since bothering to signup and choose a member name.

im a 2k5er because i didnt get an automag untill 2005. go figure

slade
02-06-2006, 03:30 PM

you really missed the sarcasm of that statement.

and yes, i definately post on PBN, and then decided to come here.

*edit* and if you re-read my post, you can see that its obviously 1) sarcastic since i would be an idiot for saying "intarweb" seriously, and 2) directed at what behemoth said, a comment on his joke and the relationship between it and the way freshmen are treated.

OneEyedPimp
02-06-2006, 04:44 PM

[Arnold schwartenagger]You asinine, You asiten![/Arnold impersonator]

/Sorry, the one late night show that I sat through.

Glickman
02-06-2006, 09:15 PM
[Arnold schwartenagger]You asinine, You asiten![/Arnold impersonator]

/Sorry, the one late night show that I sat through.

{
If join.date > 2003 then;
admin.ban;

elseif post.counter < 1000 then;
admin.gag;

else;
admin.ban;
}

OneEyedPimp
02-06-2006, 09:33 PM
{
If join.date > 2003 then;