PDA

View Full Version : E-mag Board dead?

agdfighter
01-31-2006, 04:49 PM
Is there anyway to test to see if my E-mag board is dead. :confused:
I've been having trouble with charging my battery, so I don't know for sure if the board is fried. When I hook my battery up it goes on then it gives me garble. I have still gotten it to come up right but only once. Is it possible the board is out or the battery is all the way down.

If the board is down what are my options. Are there any other boards for emags. I've heard about people with "mini-molock boards" what are they? where do you find them?
I would like to keep just an Emag board but don't have $200 for a new one.

KayleAGD
01-31-2006, 06:05 PM
if you are getting garble from the display then it could be your battery. you can test your battery with a meter after it is charged. the board can run off of two 9 volt batteries but it will not power the solenoid. Using 9volts will make sure your board is ok. try these and let us know.

Tunaman
01-31-2006, 06:28 PM
and make sure your center trigger magnet is not too close to the hall switch. This will also give you a garlbled display...

agdfighter
01-31-2006, 11:07 PM
and make sure your center trigger magnet is not too close to the hall switch. This will also give you a garlbled display...

I'll try backing the magnet out. Right before this all happened I did back it out some but was haveing problems getting the battery to charge. Is it possible that a stronger battery would mean I need to back it out more?

How would I test the board with 9volt.

Thanks guys I thought it was the board for sure and I was screwed. But I'll try this tonight. This at least gives me hope.

agdfighter
02-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Ok its not the board :clap: . I backed the magnet out more and the garble went away. :hail: Thank you Tunaman
But I'm getting a low battery message even though its been charging since this morning. (8 hours)

What now new battery?

Tunaman
02-01-2006, 05:51 AM
It may very well be the battery, but I have seen some boards that are shot...and give only a "low Battery" indication but everything else works.

agdfighter
02-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks for all the help. My mags up and running smooth :cheers:
It was the battery I just got my new one from Tunaman and it fixed all my problems. :)

11 Bravo
02-15-2006, 11:23 PM
It may very well be the battery, but I have seen some boards that are shot...and give only a "low Battery" indication but everything else works.

Been there done that... :(