PDA

View Full Version : What Should I do???

ClassicMagger
02-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Hey:

Alright AO, I've never done one of these threads before becuase I find them useless.

But I'm faced with a problem. I need a new everyday shooter, don't ask me why lots of things factor into this one.

I do NOT need a new everyday pump.

I think that I have it narrowed down to a DM6, a new Cyborg, a custom AKA or another mag either custom or not.

The DM6 and Cyborg, I honestly wouldn't be looking at doing anything to; except perhaps a new feedneck or reg.

The AKA and Mag I'd be willing to either leave stock or mill, anno, and/or enhance it.

Enhancing as in add an mQ to an Excalibur or get a DevilMag frame or do a pneaumatic automag frame.

I'm looking for your opinions AO, and with them I'd like anno choice as well-because I get to pick that no matter which gun I choose.

Let me know.

Thanks,

-ClassicMagger

craltal
02-01-2006, 12:42 PM
why mQ an Excal, just tadao it and it'll rip, or look at a viking.

What are your criteria? speed, weight, what use are you looking for: tournaments, rec speedball, What are you used to playing with, do you like the feel of that or want something completely different? Price range?

BigEvil
02-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Dm6 - great gun, ultimate in 'high-end' bling, but you can get a PM6 for less.
Cyborg - Never got to see one. I hear the new ones are nice, but I would check that one out in person first.
Excal - probably dont have to do a darn thing to it other than cosmetic. mq? why?
Devilmag - good luck
P-frame mag - diy or good luck.
Coolhands eframed mag - now your talking.

If you want something a little differnt, yet still en vouge, look into the Cyborg more. If you still yearn for a hot mag, talk to Coolhand. His frames should be ready shortly.

If you manage to sell ALL of that stuff you have up in your B/S/T thread, then you could probably get at least 3 of these guns on your list no problem :D

RapidTransit
02-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Devil Mag all the way, they are sleepers :headbang: , up until they see the eye covers and ask WTF is that thing?? :rofl: :rofl:

11 Bravo
02-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Make your own Devil Mag. :shooting:

garto
02-01-2006, 01:27 PM
I'd say make a custom e-mag as in either a spydermag or a pneumatic mag. If you have the money then buy the mini morlock and make the ultimate pneumatic mag. And by spydermag dont use a spyder frame but rather modify the existing frame to accept the spyder internals. I'm currently working so I can have enough money to buy a mill so I can make a pneumatic mag sometime in the near future (hopefully summer). One off's are cool though because you have a truely custom gun and if you have the money to put in quality components then it'll be the ultimate gun.

tae
02-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Please pardon my thread jacking :p

How much do 05 Protos usually go for?

68magOwner
02-01-2006, 02:41 PM
05 protos can be had for ~$400

anyway, to date, my favorite marker hands down is a custom milled 04 viking.

rkjunior303
02-01-2006, 03:02 PM
I was a Viking fanboy until I shot a matrix... Dm6 all the way buddy, or go with the PM6... I also love my 04 Cyborg.. NO kick, super-efficient, and FAST. The 06's are the pure buttsex0r

Steelrat
02-01-2006, 03:02 PM
You know my vote. I just picked up an 05 feather viking with a fabulous anno job, because I can't seem to get over AKA. I've been shooting them now for, what , 2 years? And I still haven't tired of them. All the times I've gone to play, my AKA markers have ALWAYS worked, while around me DMs, Timmys, cockers, and mags (gasp!) have failed and gone down. Keep in mind ive owned mech mags, emags, xmags, cockers, e cockers, timmys, DMs, and cyborgs.

You want fast? Viks are as fast as anything out there, and excals are right behind it. You want smooth? Excals are like buttah. You want reliable? AKA can't be beat. You want efficient? AKA is top dog in this arena.

If I could have any marker I wanted, I would have a brand spakin new featherlight milled 04 excalibur with a sharp anno job.

EDIT-Forgot anno choices. I always loved acid washes, and my new marker has an amazing one someone called "smoke on the water." I've also seen a very nice gray/black one done on a viking, and the classic "shark attack" x mag anno is a good choice. The other one I've always loved is a dust red/black/silver splash I saw on a feather excal once.

As interesting as the "themed" guns are, with their tattoos and all (Joker, playboy, rasta, etc etc) I think it would get old fast.

Steelrat
02-01-2006, 03:09 PM
2nd choice would be a cyborg, BTW. After all, they are part AKA (merlin extrusion body) ;)

slade
02-01-2006, 04:10 PM
I was a Viking fanboy until I shot a matrix... Dm6 all the way buddy, or go with the PM6... I also love my 04 Cyborg.. NO kick, super-efficient, and FAST. The 06's are the pure buttsex0r
pretty much agreed. honestly i never liked your viking though, but all matrices are great. i just shot a DM6 and while it was great, to me it wouldnt be worth the cash over a DM4, but it looks like money isnt going to be too much of an issue for you.

i was supposed to have a cyborg by last saturday, but i still havent heard anything... but they are great markers, you wont be disappointed. by the sound of it you arent messing around here so you might as well get an 06, but if money is a problem you could just get an 04 or sonic.

people keep mentioning mags but my guess is youve probably had plenty of mags. i wouldnt bother unless you want logics electro mag, thats really the only choice i would consider.

ano:

this is my personal all time favorite ano:

http://www.flagpull.com/free/PICT002f1.JPG

of course that is going to cost a lot...

i also saw a black/purple acidwash i loved, and black/red acidwashes are always nice. fades are nice too but too common and not really my thing. if you like any of those get into touch with DC, www.destructivecustoms.com

SPECK
02-01-2006, 04:57 PM
I would go with the cyborg. Hands down.

:cheers:

slade
02-01-2006, 06:32 PM
oh, and whatever you get, especially if its a nice ano (like that acid wash... hint hint) post pics!!

electriceel125
02-01-2006, 07:35 PM
I would take an 06borg. ( i shoot a tadao'ed sonic and LOVE it!) The 06 borg has a few upgrades that make it nearly idiot proof. Hoseless, almost no maintince. Once you get so high end it really is preference. Research your choices so you know how to dissasemble and clean them before you buy them. But above all try to get out and see if you can test them out.

My vote goes to the 06 cyborg. (speed reliability price no need for upgrades) If not that i think i would have to say get a highlander milled tadao viking/excalibur.

WenULiVeUdiE
02-01-2006, 08:34 PM
For me, it would be a toss up between an 06 Cyborg and another AKA marker. Think of the Cyborg as a two tubed version of the Viking. It is almost as efficient, requires alittle more maintenance but is damn fast. I have heard that many gun whores have stopped once they got an 06 Cyborg. They rave about the trigger geometry, stating it is far superior to anything else out there.

An MQ'd Excalibur would be awesome, especially for the "Wow factor". However, you would not be the only person with one. A few others have already started and nearly completed theirs. A freshly milled Viking by JMJ would be amazing though. Highlander milling and an awesome ano would be pretty unique.

The DM6 is something that I can not comment on. I have not shot nor held one. It will require a bit more attention than any of the others markers, but it may be worth it. Everyone raves about the UL frame.

Chaos_Theory!
02-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Def go with the Cyborg. I havnt shot an 06 but the Sonic cyborg was amazing. I have no doubt in my mind the 06 is just as good if not better. As someone has said they are fsat, no kick, efficient, and look really nice.

Rudz
02-01-2006, 08:50 PM
pretty much agreed. honestly i never liked your viking though, but all matrices are great. i just shot a DM6 and while it was great, to me it wouldnt be worth the cash over a DM4, but it looks like money isnt going to be too much of an issue for you.

i was supposed to have a cyborg by last saturday, but i still havent heard anything... but they are great markers, you wont be disappointed. by the sound of it you arent messing around here so you might as well get an 06, but if money is a problem you could just get an 04 or sonic.

people keep mentioning mags but my guess is youve probably had plenty of mags. i wouldnt bother unless you want logics electro mag, thats really the only choice i would consider.

ano:

this is my personal all time favorite ano:

http://www.flagpull.com/free/PICT002f1.JPG

of course that is going to cost a lot...

i also saw a black/purple acidwash i loved, and black/red acidwashes are always nice. fades are nice too but too common and not really my thing. if you like any of those get into touch with DC, www.destructivecusoms.com

fix the link..

www.destructivecustoms.com

Cow hunter
02-01-2006, 09:10 PM
for what its worth, the AKA...... my friend has TWO full DC'd-everything-that-can-be-done-to-viking guns, and they are freakin SWEET :wow: :wow: :wow:

68magOwner
02-01-2006, 09:31 PM
thus far, vikings/excals, DM's, and borgs seem to be getting votes.

My opinion on each

the older borgs= i really just cant stand them in the least, felt/shot impulse-ish to me.
newer borgs= they really are nice markers, but, still not my cup-o-tea

Matricies- i actually have always been a fan of the matrix line of markers, shoot great, lacking in efficency, but, thats about it, they are really nice markers. Between a DM6 and a custom viking, its really personal preferance, but, i would rather shoot my old featherlight over a DM6 any day (i have use both extinsively).

AKA- my opinion shared in previous post, but, i say viking>excal, owned both, the viking was faster, more consistent, lighter, better performing marker. And really, the viking can be just as smooth if you set it up right (not what AKA says is right, what actually makes it perform...)

WDP- the G7 and up are all superb markers, may want to look into

SP- no, dont touch it

PE- yeah, egos are nice, mabey look into one?

GT
02-01-2006, 09:34 PM
I need a new everyday shooter,

a DM6,
a new Cyborg,
a custom AKA or

First,
lets be honest and cut through the marketing BS. Is there really any difference bewteen one electro and another? At the end of the day as long as the gun has a light adjustible trigger and a consistant inline reg it will make a great gun. There are two and only two tangible differnces bewteen your modern electros: the weight of the gun and the weight of your wallet after its purchase.

Second,
I only go custom if I am truly passionate about the product. Custom to me means that the owner had used the product line so long that thier high level of taste and understanding of the product lead to a very focused purchase. Also keep in mind custom doesn't mean something you can order and arrive at your door step the next morning. Many man hours and hundreds if not thousands of dollars later you are blessed with a true on off piece. Besides "Custom" AKA's are a dime a dozen these days.

another mag either custom or not.

if you need a daily burner without the fancy e-modes buy a classic mag and play. Embaress the 1k+ rigs with a mag or tippy on co2.