PDA

View Full Version : State of the union address?

Steelrat
02-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Maybe I should have watched it last night.

http://www.disloyal.org/?show=239

magman007
02-01-2006, 08:48 PM
that was pretty funny

BobTheCow
02-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Hahahahah, pretty good!

Rudz
02-01-2006, 10:17 PM
i think i missed that part...lol

kosmo
02-01-2006, 10:54 PM
I dont understand why people actually watch the address anyway. I mean come on. Really. Get a life.

Bluestrike_2
02-01-2006, 11:05 PM
I dont understand why people actually watch the address anyway. I mean come on. Really. Get a life.

I know!

God forbid we actually CARE about the state of our country....

:rolleyes:

bleachit
02-01-2006, 11:22 PM
that was pretty ummm stupid.

Kai
02-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Seriously, the president is just all blah blah blah blah

Get back to American Idol already!

kosmo
02-02-2006, 12:15 AM
God forbid we actually CARE about the state of our country....

If you actually learn anything about the "state of the union" from his speech, then you are:
1. A tool
2. Living in a sealed bomb shelter with only leave it to beaver reruns to keep yourself busy
3. Easily distracted by old people clapping a lot

/end threadjack
//no really, the end. dont even try and argue that because it cant be done. the end.
///it was near perfect except for the chemicals in his arse part

Target Practice
02-02-2006, 01:23 AM
Seriously, the president is just all blah blah blah blah

Get back to American Idol already!

qft

Rudz
02-02-2006, 01:31 AM
they all sucked today anyways..a 16 yr old kid made it...damn...austin cant sing..

Kai
02-02-2006, 02:54 PM
they all sucked today anyways..a 16 yr old kid made it...damn...austin cant sing..

WTF???

SIXTEEN??

lol! That is too young!!!!

Oh my goodness!

SCpoloRicker
02-02-2006, 08:16 PM
If you actually learn anything about the "state of the union" from his speech, then you are:
1. A tool
2. Living in a sealed bomb shelter with only leave it to beaver reruns to keep yourself busy

/end threadjack
//no really, the end. dont even try and argue that because it cant be done. the end.

Well, Ok then. Thanks for clearing that up for everyone.

i_baked_cookies
02-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Hahaahahaha this movie makes me so happy.

Recon by Fire
02-03-2006, 12:51 AM
I watched a repeat of the speach but honestly none of the SOTU speaches are worth listening to, no matter whom the speaker is.

Deeds, not words.
:cheers:

Vex
02-03-2006, 01:04 AM
Deeds, not words.
And that, my fellow Americans, is the truth.

Bluestrike_2
02-03-2006, 06:19 AM
1. A tool

/end threadjack

You've really backed up your arguments. :rolleyes:

As someone is who is politically active, I watch the State of the Union. Why? To learn from the leaders.

I don't "learn" from people of your mental capacity. So grow up and realize that if you want to know anything about politics, you have to learn from multiple sources.

So even though you might understand absolutely nothing about American politics does not mean you can insult someone who does.

The sooner you grow up the better.

kosmo
02-03-2006, 07:46 AM
Good for you Bluestrike. Lets all have a standing ovation for him. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh and another one. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And one more just for good measure. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Recon hit the nail on the head. SOTU speaches are stupid. I reiterate that if you must resort to watching them to learn about this country then you are indeed a tool.

Bluestrike_2
02-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Good for you Bluestrike. Lets all have a standing ovation for him. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh and another one. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And one more just for good measure. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Recon hit the nail on the head. SOTU speaches are stupid. I reiterate that if you must resort to watching them to learn about this country then you are indeed a tool.

The State of the Union is one source of many that I rely on.

I'm an NFL (National Forensic League) LD (Lincoln-Douglas) and domestic extemp. debator. I listen to the President's speaches, along with other sources which in turn helps me with my debating.

I've even watched the C-SPAN house debates. Again - I ask you SO WHAT? All it does is make me a more politically-versed person. How? By letting me learn and analyze our the leaders of this country.

My time in forensics has served me well, will serve me well, and will help me in the future. With my running in track and cross country, my photography, and my work for the community I feel I'm better prepared for the real world than most. Reading your posts, I'm almost positive that I've had more preparation than you did/have/will have.

Grow up. Now.

Epyon
02-03-2006, 06:23 PM
The State of the Union is the ONLY source I use for politics.

I'm an SIHS (Student in High School), FHS (Freeport High School) and an awesome debator at debating things with debates. I only listen to the President's speeches, but I don't need any more help in debating cause I am awesome at debating...

I've even been on CSPAN house debates. Again, I ask you SO WHAT? I am already the smartest man alive concerning politcs and debating, so I don't watch anything besides the SOTU Address. I stare at our political leaders to see their souls.

My time working for my dad, who is a dentist has served me well, will sever me well, and will help me in the future. I go to the Y at least 3 times a week, I am in a computer video class right now, and I use to go to church. I feel I am better then everyone else, cause I can debate and I work out. I'm POSITIVE everyone besides me and BlueStrike are not as prepared as us in life, cause we are awesome at debating and watching the SOTU every year.

So you little kids, go back to the little kids table and let the grown ups talk about politics.

Grow up little kids...

Stupid kids...

beam
02-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Those that blow off the SOTU speech don't know the secret. (http://www.whatisthesecret.tv/)

But that's their choice. Let them be.

beam
02-03-2006, 06:37 PM
The State of the Union is the ONLY source I use for politics.

I'm an SIHS (Student in High School), FHS (Freeport High School) and an awesome debator at debating things with debates. I only listen to the President's speeches, but I don't need any more help in debating cause I am awesome at debating...

I've even been on CSPAN house debates. Again, I ask you SO WHAT? I am already the smartest man alive concerning politcs and debating, so I don't watch anything besides the SOTU Address. I stare at our political leaders to see their souls.

My time working for my dad, who is a dentist has served me well, will sever me well, and will help me in the future. I go to the Y at least 3 times a week, I am in a computer video class right now, and I use to go to church. I feel I am better then everyone else, cause I can debate and I work out. I'm POSITIVE everyone besides me and BlueStrike are not as prepared as us in life, cause we are awesome at debating and watching the SOTU every year.

So you little kids, go back to the little kids table and let the grown ups talk about politics.

Grow up little kids...

Stupid kids...

Have you reached the level of Master Debator?

SCpoloRicker
02-03-2006, 07:16 PM
I work for NFL (National Forensic League) LD (Lincoln-Douglas) and domestic extemp. debator.

So I am really getting a kick out of most of these replies. Some of you guys are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about.

But trust me.... You don't.

I think you just want to make yourself sound smart, when in reality you don't know what you are talking about. This is how bad info gets passed around. If you don't know about the topic....Don't make yourself sound like you do.

Cuz some people will believe anything they read.

/ya rly

BeaverEater
02-03-2006, 10:16 PM
anyone watch the daily shows spin off of the address with the switchgrass spinoff. bush talked about switchgrass being able to make ethanol and they had a correspondent showing what tools were needed to do that. well anyways it turned out it was a bong, omg it was so funny.

kosmo
02-04-2006, 12:42 AM
I'm almost positive that I've had more preparation than you did/have/will have.

BAAAAAAHAHHAAAAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAA. Oh thats funny. A highschool student lecturing me on how the real world is going to be. Oh me oh my.

Ive been in the Army for four years. Ive lived in 3 countries outside the US. I have a college degree. Ive shaken the president and vice presidents hands. Ive saved someones life. Ive had someone die in my arms. Ive lived on my own. Ive been homeless. Im on my way to another war zone in less than 3 weeks. Ive done real life forensics. Oh, and Ive taken pictures and debated about a lot of it. And that pales in comparison to what a lot of other people here have done. You are still in high school. You grow up. Now. No wait. Yesterday.

Army
02-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Yup, once again a thread on politics cannot stand the test of ignorance.

closed