PDA

View Full Version : Velocity drop off on rapid fire

Rick927
02-02-2006, 04:43 PM
I am having a serious velocity drop off and shoot down during rapid fire. First shots are good then less and less velocity until my Xvalve stops firing all together? The tank is full and the regulator is putting out 850 psi. But it's like the valve isn't getting enough air? Can't find any reason why it would be doing this? Can anyone help?

11 Bravo
02-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Could you have dirt or Teflon tape in the valve somewhere?

MoeMag
02-02-2006, 11:52 PM
/\ /\ /\ very well could be the problem.

If you are using microline, that’s your problem.

If you are using macro or ss hose, and you have a stock tank regulator putting out 850psi... you are suffering from a slow recharge. This means that the time it takes for your tanks regulator to get back up to pressure after firing a shot is longer than the time between shots. The only fix for this is get a better regulator…get a AGD flatline 4500

peewee
02-02-2006, 11:56 PM
I had an issue with a friends dye throttle tank. Wouldnt recharge fast enough.

Coralis
02-03-2006, 02:22 AM
If your set up includes a on/off knob, screwing it in to far can throttle the air down to cause the same problem. I alway screw mine all the way in and then back it off 1/2 turn otherwise I suffer the same problem with my classic valved mag.

Rick927
02-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Ok, I have checked all the hoses, changed my tank, and cleaned the valve. Still having the same problem. I detail disassembled the valve and noticed the white plastic washer between the two white O-rings on the regulator pin has a small crack in it, almost like it split. Is this normal? or is it broken? Could this part be the cause?

Coralis
02-03-2006, 10:40 AM
It sounds like to me either the regulator piston assembly has gone bad or you have a pinched regulator seat oring. If you have an oring kit I would change those first, oil it up and if that doesnt cure then see about a new regulator piston assembly.

PumpPlayer
02-03-2006, 12:45 PM
If it's dry, the reg piston in the x-valve can bind causing super-slow recharge. Put a few drops of oil directly into the ASA or air line, gas up and fire it through. Generally, you should put 2-3 drops of oil through a 'mag like this every time you gas it up.

Take the barrel off for about 20 dry firing cycles to prevent oil from getting in the barrel and giving you velocity swing.

Rick927
02-04-2006, 07:31 AM
Ok thanks guys, took it all apart, cleaned oiled, then re-tuned the L10, then oiled it again and now it works good.