PDA

View Full Version : Which Board

grEnAlEins
02-02-2006, 04:55 PM
I am looking to get a new board for my shocker. I am looking at Predator and Virtue. Both claim to have the best eye logic that performs the best with a bounce-beam eye. I like Predator because I might want to go break-beam later on, and the Predator seems to be super customizable. Does anybody know which eye logic is superior, I am looking for fact, not opinion. They are about the same price, so frankly price is nearly a non-issue. I am leaning towards a Pred, unless someone can convince me otherwise. Also the method of programing seams to be the same with both boards (similar way to change modes and set the settings by trigger pull). Is the Pred or Virtue really vastly better than the other? If not, I will just get the cheaper one. The advantages of Pred is the ability to go break beam down the line, what is the advantage (if any) of a Vitue over a Pred? What are the drwbacks of both. I checked PBReview and read a few reviews of the Pred, but the Virtue was not on there.

*EDIT: I almost forgot, does anyone know anything about the Dynasty board?

Thanks fellas

Nick

warbeak2099
02-02-2006, 05:22 PM
The Predator has possibly the best code on the market. That being said, so does the Virtue. Why? Becuase it is a direct copy of the Predator. Advantage PB relies on stealing technology from other companies and calling it their own. The slight difference is the breakbeam eye compatibility. In the long run, the Predator is better because of who makes and sells it. TAG Sportz is a better company with better support. Advantage are a bunch of sleazeball con-artists. Just go for the Predator. Your leaning was towards the right direction.

grEnAlEins
02-02-2006, 05:29 PM
The Predator has possibly the best code on the market. That being said, so does the Virtue. Why? Becuase it is a direct copy of the Predator. Advantage PB relies on stealing technology from other companies and calling it their own. The slight difference is the breakbeam eye compatibility. In the long run, the Predator is better because of who makes and sells it. TAG Sportz is a better company with better support. Advantage are a bunch of sleazeball con-artists. Just go for the Predator. Your leaning was towards the right direction.

Thanks exactly what I needed, confirmation that I should get a Pred, which is what I was leaning towards. BTW, the way I see it, AdvPB's dirty tactics are dwarfed by SP, and I shoot a Shocker, so it would be fitting to use Virtue :p LOL

magman007
02-04-2006, 12:24 AM
why not go tadao? best code on the market as far as im concerned. Awesome eye logic, awesome debounce and m bounce algorithms, and it cant be all that bad if the top team chooses to shoot it.

grEnAlEins
02-05-2006, 06:14 PM
why not go tadao? best code on the market as far as im concerned. Awesome eye logic, awesome debounce and m bounce algorithms, and it cant be all that bad if the top team chooses to shoot it.
I thought about getting the Dynasty board with Tadao M5 code (i believe thats the code it has). I think I am gonna go Pred though, in fact, I am gonna get one next time I am home.

magman007
02-05-2006, 06:57 PM
well, what does pred have that tadao doesnt that you want? also, m6 will be out soon for the tadao boards.

grEnAlEins
02-05-2006, 07:02 PM
I have never seen a review for the Dynasty/Tadao board, so I do not know if it is a good board (it could be super glitchy for all I know, although you seem to like it :p ) and a Pred can go break beam down the line.

nastymag
02-05-2006, 07:15 PM
i have Pred 2 on my Angel Lcd, Love it !

Tadao m7 on my Ego, love it.

really cant go wrong with either, i would choose the pred though, i found the micro switch on the tadao a little to heavy though i got used to it.

the LEDS on Tadao are really cool.

but i actually like Pred's way of adjustment a little more.