PDA

View Full Version : What Upgrades should I look at?

Uziel
02-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey Everyone - I've had this X-Valved Mag for quite a while and im a little frustrated with my current set up (plus i suppose I have a little bit of money burning a hole in my pocket.) I'm looking to pickup a couple of upgrades...

http://plaza.ufl.edu/dstrand/Graphics/NewMag2.JPG

Right Now:

X-Valve w/Level 10
Black ULE Body
Standard Rail (silver)
Black Intelliframe w/black dye stickies
16" Dye Ultralite Barrel
Revvy Hopper
Enormous HPA tank (i forget exactly what size, but its too damn big).

What I'd like:

New Rail - something lighter, black, and a little less ordinary.
New Barrel Kit (considering Freak kit w/ black back)
New Hopper (Halo B, or alternative - im outshooting my old revvy)
New Grip w/ Gas through (benchmark maybe) to get the macroline out of the way more.
Rail instead of drop forward - I was thinking about the MaxFlo Micro from SP, but I'm not entirely sure about that, although it'd let me pick up a smaller tank 68 or something.

Any Suggestions at all?

Also, While I've played and maintained this automag for a while I've never really taken it completely apart (the damn thing never breaks so i havent needed to)...any pitfalls I may encounter attempting to replace the rail or other components that I've not anticipated might be appreciated ;p

UltraMag527
02-02-2006, 08:17 PM
ULT ( Ultra Light Trigger )
Luke has a nice trigger and sear mod.

Uziel
02-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Oh - I forgot to mention, it has a ULT already. I'm retarded.

cdacda13
02-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Rail- The Logic Alpha rail or anything RPG.
Barrel kit- A powerlyte Sceptor kit is 1000x better then a freak kit.
Hopper- Halo or Reloader B.
Gas Thru- The CP gas thru grips are very very nice.

Tunaman
02-02-2006, 08:45 PM
We could put a gloss black AGD ULE Mag rail on there. That would lighten it up a bit. Loose the drop and go for a small rail instead. CP Mini gas thru foregrip and redo the airline into 2 shorter pieces. You already have the best of the rest. Lookin' good. ;)

Dryden
02-02-2006, 08:58 PM
My suggestion:

ULE Dallara rail or Omega (if you can find one)
vert AM/MM adapter
CP mini gas-thru
CP 2K5 direct mount on/off
A couple of one-piece CP barrels (3 brand new one-piece barrels would run about $135).

Check themagsmith.com or with Tunaman.

slade
02-02-2006, 09:32 PM
PM tunaman, he'll have a nice ULE rail for you, which will probably have slots for you to adjust youre foregrip... and you should ask him if he has any dye gas-thru foregrips, the one i have is very nice and wasnt too much. definately ditch the drop and tank, but stay away from SP. get a CP 2k5 on/off (make sure its 2k5), and get a nice 68/45 screw in, theres plenty of brands to choose from. forget getting a barrel kit, it will be a waste of money. get a halo B.

Steelrat
02-02-2006, 09:57 PM
I agree with the rail and on/off (*cough*imsellingsomeonao*cough*) I much prefer the rail, or a shorter drop.

I also think that you are better off with one good barrel, rather than a kit. Kits are really much more useful for closed bolt markers, and are a waste for open bolt ones. Get a good UL, Lapco Snapshot, or other high quality barrel.

I love rogue rails, they'd look sharp on there.

Clamping neck.