PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to mount ski bindings?

Brak
02-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Hey, I'm not willing to drop $50 at the shop to mount my new bindings, so im trying to find out how to do it on my own. I just bought a new pair of skis (line assassin, bumps and all mountain) and bindings (fischer FX10). i tried to google it but i only found one set of vague directions. Anyone know how?

wanna-b-ballin'
02-02-2006, 10:30 PM
dont they just bolt on?

i remember from watching people adjust them for different size boots, that you turn a screw.

FactsOfLife
02-03-2006, 12:40 AM
Hey, I'm not willing to drop $50 at the shop to mount my new bindings, so im trying to find out how to do it on my own. I just bought a new pair of skis (line assassin, bumps and all mountain) and bindings (fischer FX10). i tried to google it but i only found one set of vague directions. Anyone know how?

Do not attempt to mount them yourself. Ski shops have the correct fixtures to insure your binding to ski interface is properly set up.

You are ricking SEVERE injury if you do a halfassed job of it.

You spent the money on a nice set of boards, go spend the money to get em setup right.

Dharma punk
02-03-2006, 03:43 AM
Do not attempt to mount them yourself. Ski shops have the correct fixtures to insure your binding to ski interface is properly set up.

You are ricking SEVERE injury if you do a halfassed job of it.

You spent the money on a nice set of boards, go spend the money to get em setup right.

QFT Not a good idea. Part with the money and get it done right. That way you won't have to spend money on the hospital bills when your half assed job comes apart and you do the yard sale jig halfway down the run.

beam
02-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Yes...pay the $50.

They do not just bolt on. You need the proper jig that is specifically for your bindings so the holes can be drilled in the exact correct spot.

Do it yourself and you risk drilling in the wron spot, drilling too deep, and a million other things that will ruin them.

DaFin
02-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Part of mounting your bindings includes ensuring that they release properly. What is properly? that depends on your height, wieght skiiing ability and length of your boot. Then there is where to mount them, too far forward and your skiis are too squirly, too far back and they are sluggish. Oh, then drilling so that the peices are aligned right so that they wil release properly rather than your leg releasing (read: breaking) is also crucial. These are only some of the things that you have to get right or you risk serious injury, ruining your boards or at the least not enjoying your skiing experience..

In the end, pay the $50.

steimway
02-03-2006, 11:49 AM
If you're asking, then you probably don't have the appropriate jig for your binding, in which case listen to the people ahead of me. I attached my first bindings last season on cross country skis, but I was pretty nervous that I'd screw up while doing it. For alpine skis, any mistake could be a little more dangerous.