PDA

View Full Version : Are there any easy ways to get over the death of a family member?

wanna-b-ballin'
02-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Yep. well my grandpa just passed away from a bad heart. he was a really cool guy and had a great sense of humor, and its hard to accept the fact i wont see him alive again.

my grandma on the other side of my family died when i was 5, so i didn't really know her or really care that much. you know how young little kids are; how they dont know how to react to the death of someone they've only seen a few times.

that makes this the first time i've really had to deal with it. its tough.

EDIT: i just heard the details from my dad, and not that you would want to know, but it sounded like it sucked. he knew it was happening.

thanks for the responses guys...

Eagle
02-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Don't be a moron

geekwarrior
02-02-2006, 10:14 PM
i feel for you, its not easy losing a family member, especially one you really cared about...

Tunaman
02-02-2006, 10:19 PM
It sucks. And I feel for you deeply. Keep your chin UP! Remember your Grandfather for the great man he was and all of the great wisdom he taught you. And do the right thing...because he is still watching over you. He has a much better view now. ;) :(

psychowarden
02-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Eagle, that was uncalled for. The death of a loved one is no joking matter.

I just recently lost my great grandfather a few months ago. And I found that paintball was the best way for me. Nothing in the world makes me happier than paintballing.

Steelrat
02-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Remember the good times. Keep his memory alive.

REDRT
02-02-2006, 10:46 PM
In my family since we don't ever get together very often except for the passing of loved one we just have fun. Laughter and togetherness even for a shortime really helps. Celebrate his life and try to carry on knowing the difference he made in yours. Sorry for your loss...

grEnAlEins
02-02-2006, 11:24 PM
I feel for you man. It is hard to loose someone close to you. A little over a year ago my cousin was killed in Iraq (at age 22), on veterans day (how ironic) of 04. I dont think that anyone in my family has "gotten over it." The best thing to do (IMO) is never forget the the person, ever. Remember all of the good times you shared, and have fun with those you still have, and share your memories it actually helps tons (again IMO).

Good luck and try to think positive,

Nick

FooTemps
02-03-2006, 12:10 AM
Sorry to hear your loss. My grandfather passed a couple years back and it took me a while to cope with it. All I can say is celebrate his memory, share your feelings, and keep on living how he would like to see you live.

Recon by Fire
02-03-2006, 12:58 AM
...because he is still watching over you. He has a much better view now. ;) :(

So straighten up and fly right :) Honor the man who was an influence to you through your actions.

Sorry for your loss. Death is part of life and you should focus on his life and not his death. Time mends all wounds too.

Automaggot68
02-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss, I hope things improve and that you feel better.

Maksimus54
02-03-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

skife
02-04-2006, 04:36 PM
well, i just lost my grandmother in december, a few days before christmas. it was very very unexpected.

There was alot of stuff that was good that came from it though, like my family became closer together, my grandma and her daughters were fighting all the time and hadn't spoken in a few years, They came to the funeral and we had a christmas party afterwards, it was nice to have the whole family together.

Don't mourn their death man, It will get you nowhere but sad, Celeberate their life.
honestly it works, get the family together, bring photo albums have food there, just get everyone together to remember...

gimp
02-04-2006, 06:23 PM
It sucks man. I don't think there are any easy ways to get over it. Just keep your chin up, remember the good times, and make him proud of you.

Eatem Alive
02-05-2006, 12:29 AM
time heals...

i've buried 4 grandparents in the last 2 years and it does suck but like i said...time.

kenndogg
02-05-2006, 11:51 AM
I recent lost my mother to cancer this past June. As someone stated don't sit and mourn for too long or it'll really hit you hard. I just keep busy with school and work and that has really helped me alot. Your just going to have to accept death as part of life.