PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Talk about bad eBay stuff...Need a sear?

PnueMagger
02-03-2006, 05:33 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Paintball-Automag-Minimag-Sear-NEW_W0QQitemZ7216654909QQcategoryZ47252QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

It's a dang shame. This is an ebay power seller store too. It's F***ing pathetic and I emailed the guy(s) and told them exactly that.
'
Ya...Like I'll need an extra "New" sear at the feild in case my hardcoat cadmium plated carbon steel sear ever breaks. :rolleyes:

Arstron
02-03-2006, 08:19 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Paintball-Automag-Minimag-Sear-NEW_W0QQitemZ7216654909QQcategoryZ47252QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

It's a dang shame. This is an ebay power seller store too. It's F***ing pathetic and I emailed the guy(s) and told them exactly that.
'
Ya...Like I'll need an extra "New" sear at the feild in case my hardcoat cadmium plated carbon steel sear ever breaks. :rolleyes:

I broke my classic sears :( I have broke a few of them actually. :D Of course I was removing the trigger rod from them when they broke, I can get unpatient sometimes. ;)

As for that being new, it could be new just a pretty old new sear. I wonder what length that trigger rod is sat at though. :rofl:

kevdupuis
02-03-2006, 11:07 AM
That's not a mag sear. I can't remember which marker it came off of, but I do know that they were sometimes modified to fit mags.

A-Tach-One
02-03-2006, 11:14 AM
That's not a mag sear. I can't remember which marker it came off of, but I do know that they were sometimes modified to fit mags.

Actually it is a Automag sear. I have the same one in my 68 Automag we bought from AGD in the early 90's. It's just old. :cheers:

luke
02-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Actually it is a Automag sear. I have the same one in my 68 Automag we bought from AGD in the early 90's. It's just old. :cheers:

Yes Sir, me too. :)

It's F***ing pathetic and I emailed the guy(s) and told them exactly that.

Oh yes, whats wrong with him trying to sell the sear?

Asym
02-03-2006, 11:30 AM
I've got that same sear, came with my old classic I got used sometime around 95.

Muzikman
02-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Yep, that is an original mag sear. As for a bad ebay auction...I am lost. It's not like they are trying to charge you $50 for it. I have always carried extra sears. I usually have enough spare parts in my box to build another gun.

PumpPlayer
02-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Perhaps it's just a proxy picture and the shipped item is actually NIB. I agree that the auction is a little bit ambiguous, but I don't see any huge, gaping problem. It's hard to imagine that they would put a whole lot of effort into a $5 auction and I'm sure they're more than happy to simply answer a question or two if need be.

It's Fireball Mountain and, although I've never bought anything off them through eBay, I have dealt with them on other occasions and they have excellent customer service from my experience.

*shrug* But whatever...

Ace12GA
02-03-2006, 11:37 AM
If they've been in business for a while, they may have been digging through the warehouse and noticed some old parts they want to get rid of.

Pyroboy597
02-03-2006, 12:12 PM
FireBall Mountain Pwns. They do really nice engraving and anno jobs, as well as custom milling.

kevdupuis
02-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Ok I got confused. It still reminds me of another sear though.

Automaggot68
02-03-2006, 12:15 PM

'

Wow.
You're pretty lame.

kenndogg
02-03-2006, 12:34 PM

your an idiot, he's only asking 5 bucks for it. its not like he's trying to rip someone off.

Automaggot68
02-03-2006, 12:38 PM
your an idiot, he's only asking 5 bucks for it. its not like he's trying to rip someone off.

WE 'AVE A WINNAAAAA

Lohman446
02-03-2006, 01:17 PM

'

So.. if someone else is selling something expecting a reasonable price out of it is wrong? But...

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=190292

PnueMagger
02-03-2006, 01:34 PM
My whole point is that it is labeled New in the description/title/ebay categorization etc.

I emailed the guy, or whoever runs the store, and he told me, yes never used and new.
A fair price for a sear...yes.
A new sear...Not even close (by a decade probably)
I just would've expected more from a reputable online paintball store, that's all.

"So.. if someone else is selling something expecting a reasonable price out of it is wrong? But...
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=190292"

As for my gun I'm selling...Yes it's priced high, but I put a lot of elbow grease into that and it has a lot of intrinsic value to me. The price is just reflective of that. If it's worth that to someone, they are welcome to buy it. And I'm not asking that price, I am stating that is what $$$ went into it, so no insulting offers.

Lohman446
02-03-2006, 01:35 PM
My whole point is that it is labeled New in the description/title/ebay categorization etc.

I emailed the guy, or whoever runs the store, and he told me, yes never used and new.
A fair price for a sear...yes.
A new sear...Not even close (by a decade probably)
I just would've expected more from a reputable online paintball store, that's all.

I was just being a jerk :D . But define "new" Is that never installed on a marker? Is it never out of the box? Is it recent production only?

latches109
02-03-2006, 01:43 PM

heeeeyyy mee too, that is the sear that came with my minimag. :p

not too sure what's wrong with the sear auction :confused: ,

but...

he also sells fmb factory anodizing for $150 and charges $15.00 shipping for it.

PnueMagger
02-03-2006, 01:45 PM
I was just being a jerk :D . But define "new" Is that never installed on a marker? Is it never out of the box? Is it recent production only?

I know ;)
Posts can often be misleading as to their connotation because it's only text. (unless they're automaggot's posts) :rolleyes:

The guy from the eBay store said "never installed". And it's clearly looks like it's been used for the last ten years (or however old it is).

LS1 WS6
02-03-2006, 01:52 PM
I would define that as NOS = New old Stock part. It is new as in never been used but is is an old part. It does not look like a scam at all to me. No reason to get in a huff about it. :)

kenndogg
02-03-2006, 02:02 PM
but...

he also sells fmb factory anodizing for $150 and charges $15.00 shipping for it.

what you expect him ship it back to you for free or something??
150 for 15 pieces=10 bucks a piece, sounds reasonable to me.

magman007
02-03-2006, 03:39 PM
pneumagger, you are just retarded arent you?

tyrion2323
02-03-2006, 04:42 PM
So...you're angry because he's selling mag parts on ebay?

I'm confused as to what the problem even is. If the part has never been installed, then it's still operationally new, and considering that mags haven't changed in about six hundred years, why would it matter when it was produced?

I'm still sort of confused.

ClassicMagger
02-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Hey:

I've got a Brand New KP....in box even.

Is it a rip off for me to put it up for sale at oh I dunno 65 USD? It went for approx. 195 USD; back then-if I'm not mistaken. I think that was MSRP when this particular KP2 was out.

There was a used one that went for 450+ the other day...

I'm not getting this.

He is asking a third of the price for a new part, that is still in use on automags of nowadays, actually two or three of my mags have that sear in them.

I wish I could be ripped off daily and buy old guns for a third of the price all week long.

Let's call this rip ClassicMagger off week, everyone offer me your gear at a third of the price if you still have it and its new.....

-ClassicMagger

blamtro
02-03-2006, 05:51 PM
looks like someone (will remain nameless) stepped into a snake hole... :tard:

PnueMagger
02-03-2006, 07:22 PM
All's I'm saying is that it's not a new sear as advertised and emailed to me by them. (there is wear and scratches everywhere as well as what looks like a trigger rod adjusted all the way in) I didn't think that was very right of them to mislead.

I never said he was a scammer or that the price was unfair. Just wanted to see what people thought about used stuff being sold as new. Some (not all) people (who will remain nameless) need to actually read what is written by the person saying somthing before getting their panties in a bind. Those are the ignorant people.