PDA

View Full Version : Retro sear same as A.I.R. sear? Need fast answer

Dave
12-13-2001, 07:33 PM
I will be sending out my marker to AGD tomorrow. I have the retro in the marker right now, and with the retro sear, I think. The two look exactly alike. Are they? Is one more hardened than the other? Cause if they are different, I might have to include both. I am not sure exactly which one came with the retro I got. Does anybody know for certain? Thanks for any help-

-Dave

Tunaman
12-13-2001, 07:43 PM
They are all the same except for the RT and Emag sears.

Ityl
12-13-2001, 10:59 PM
I think when you upgrade to the retro you get a sear with a carbide tip. I think. But it shouldn't matter, it's just a wear issue.

Chris
12-13-2001, 11:37 PM
You do not get a carbide tip with any valve/marker except the original RT. All the sears in use now are the same save for the emag which is a standard sear with some extra metal on it allowing for another clevis pin to connect to the solenoid.

The sear that comes with the retrovalve is the exact same as the ones that come with a standard valve/automag from the factory.

-Chris

[NA]WARLORD
12-15-2001, 12:55 PM
Except the older mags, which have big monster sear, not cut down version. Had to buy one to fit a boo-yaah frame, which still doesnt work....... but it was different sear than newer models, just a thought !!!

Dave
12-16-2001, 12:32 PM
Cool, I appreciate it guys:)

-Dave