PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with DM5 (trigger)

BunkerBoy848
02-03-2006, 09:48 PM
I have a prblem with my DM5 i just got a new trigger for it but i con't get the old one out. The pivot pin/rod that the trigger well pivots on is stuck and I can't get it out. I would perfer not to use alot of force to get it out...any suggestions?

Thankx

Pyroboy597
02-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Take a nail or a thumb tack and press it against the pin (ONLY IF YOU HAVE IT OUT PART WAY ALREADY) and then bang it with theh back of a spoon.

magman007
02-03-2006, 10:32 PM
you are going to have to give it a few good solid whacks to get the trigger pin out. i reccomend using a center punch, and a light hammer, and giving it a few whacks, which ever side bidges, hack a few more times, if i recall correctly, you hit from the right hand side of the marker, the led side is the side the pin should come out. dont be affraid, just be safe.

buzzboy
02-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Take your gun and put it on a roll of tape. This allows a place for the tiggerpin to go. Then use a center punch and a light hammer. Don't be scared. You won't hurt anything. What trigger did you get.

BunkerBoy848
02-04-2006, 10:47 AM
Thankx for all the suggestion I will try them and post the results soon :)

RRfireblade
02-04-2006, 11:17 AM
It might take some force so be careful...many of the DMs I've worked on have locktite all over the trigger pin from the set screws (sloppy) .

I will come out though , do it on a SOLID surface and put a piece of tape (masking) over the whole pin and use a center punch on the pin which will indent it and keep you on it , the tpe will help keep from sliding off the pin when you hit it. Once you break it free it should come easier.

BunkerBoy848
02-14-2006, 11:26 AM
thankx for all the help I got it out useing a hammer and a piece of aluminum with a hole in the middle and the new one whent in easy as pie.. :clap: