PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 Problem/On/off Valve Problem with x valve?

Automag2001
02-04-2006, 12:54 AM
I recently bought the x valve for my automag. It fires with the long spring on but sometimes it has a slight leak. I can't tell if it is out of the barrel or the on/off but if i slightly press on the trigger the leak will stop. Then sometimes when I fire, it seems to misfire. It seizes up like it is out of air. Also if i hold the trigger down when i fire it leaks down the barrel. I have switched carrier sizes and shims but it does this no matter what?

Dark Side
02-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Have this exact same problem. It's like the tank is out of air and will not recock the valve.

skriptal
02-04-2006, 08:15 PM
It sounds like you are using a L10 with the xvalve that is probably your where your problem is( not that l10 sucks, it just needs to be tuned).
if you are.

Alpha has i find the best tuning procedures do this.

LINK (http://home.comcast.net/~jaketakeoko/TAM/Tech/Levelx.htm)

Automag2001
02-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Okay, i got the level 10 bolt tuned but it still leaks down the barrel when i hold the trigger in. It sounds like it is wanting to keep shooting. It is a series of puffs of air until I let off of the trigger. It will still recock and I replaced both Orings in the on/off valve. Please help. I don't know what could be causing this.

skriptal
02-05-2006, 12:10 PM
are you sure it is leaking air when you hold the trigger, it could just be the sound the level 10 makes, like mine makes a sound like air is leaking but there is no leak.

If there is actually a leak, the problem is wiht youyr on/off

Automag2001
02-05-2006, 10:03 PM
are you sure it is leaking air when you hold the trigger, it could just be the sound the level 10 makes, like mine makes a sound like air is leaking but there is no leak.

If there is actually a leak, the problem is wiht youyr on/off

That is prolly it now that I think about it because the performance of the gun isn't suffering. It shoots great. Thanks for the link though, it was a huge help.