PDA

View Full Version : Xvalve wont recock after a string of shots

Dark Side
02-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Had a leak down the level 10 bolt earlier today. Replaced a 1 line carrier with a 1 dot carrier and removed a shim. The leak stopped. Now the problem is that evry 10 seconds or so the valve won't recock like the tank is out of air. Give it a few minutes and it recocks by itself. I have added 2 shims one at a time and the problem is still there. Loosened and tightened the field strip screw to see if that would have any effect. Problem is still here. Please help.

A friend of mine has this exact same problem with his Emag valve.

stakeman
02-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Had a leak down the level 10 bolt earlier today. Replaced a 1 line carrier with a 1 dot carrier and removed a shim. The leak stopped. Now the problem is that evry 10 seconds or so the valve won't recock like the tank is out of air. Give it a few minutes and it recocks by itself. I have added 2 shims one at a time and the problem is still there. Loosened and tightened the field strip screw to see if that would have any effect. Problem is still here. Please help.

A friend of mine has this exact same problem with his Emag valve.

I had the same problem with my emag and come to find out I was starving it for air. Thightened down the braided line too much.

Dark Side
02-04-2006, 10:35 PM
We both have pretty good macro.

Mind'sEye
02-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Try turning up the velocity adjustment a bit. By going to a smaller carrier you put a little more drag on the bolt.

Dark Side
02-05-2006, 12:28 PM
will try and get back to you.....

PBCapo
02-05-2006, 12:41 PM
also try putting loads of oil on the shaft of the lx and on the reg assembly inside the valve

Dark Side
02-05-2006, 12:54 PM
So basically the new oring on the carrier needs to wear a bit?

I don't understand how that will help. The sear is not pushing back onto the trigger after the string of shots. Am I completely retarded in the operation of the mag?

Cow hunter
02-05-2006, 12:55 PM
have the same problem..... might be all that microline now that i think about it..... its not only a really small line, but its kinked :D

Mind'sEye
02-05-2006, 01:06 PM
So basically the new oring on the carrier needs to wear a bit?

I don't understand how that will help. The sear is not pushing back onto the trigger after the string of shots. Am I completely retarded in the operation of the mag?

To keep the variables at a minimum you should use the same o-ring when changing carrier size. Go to no shims and the old o-ring. Also try going to the gold spring. Play with velocity adjustment if that doesn't work then the problem is elsewhere. The first thing to do is try to get lvl10 to shoot reliably and then fine tune from there.

Dark Side
02-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Well, i found the problem. The on/off pin won't reset all the time. Idea's?????

PBCapo
02-05-2006, 05:56 PM
oil the pin

SpitFire1299
02-05-2006, 06:12 PM
hmm.. make sure the tank is screwed all the way in, or that on on/off is turned on all the way.

OHH! If you have ult, add 1 or 2 shims to it.

Dark Side
02-05-2006, 06:30 PM
no ult and I oil the pin specifically. Nothing helped. I did find that the o ring around the pin where it seats inside the larger o ring is not the same type as my xmag valve. It is not the grooved ring that seats inside the larger one. Could this be it?

It's called a "quad ring"
http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=195

Coralis
02-07-2006, 12:08 AM
The quad orings were generally used in the emags to correct problems with the solenoid not shooting the gun because of on/off oring being to "tight". Why dont you put the original level 10 carrier back in and remove a spacer and see if that works.

nate2k191
02-07-2006, 12:44 AM
agreed. if its not an emag use the original o-rings, not the quad. if it is an emag, the quad should work fine, and make sure you have all the other proper parts by checking a manual or PDF - http://www.airgun.com/Techinfo.shtml and oil as others have said.

Dark Side
02-07-2006, 07:41 PM
I put the original carrier back in. And the original Oring. It's not leaking down the barrel now but it still will not reset. About the spacer, are you talking about the white plastic piece or a shim?

Coralis
02-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Sorry I meant a shim.