PDA

View Full Version : System of a Down

Kyle.Kimber
02-05-2006, 12:14 AM
Ok, I am listening to this group. And I don't really listen to music like this because I think its a little hardcore. I am wondering, is this group satanic? If not, I am gonna keep listening.

This is how serious I am......... I played all the music backwards to see if there was subliminal messages. I didn't want it to end up like STAIR WAY TO HEAVEN.

kosmo
02-05-2006, 12:16 AM
Um... If youre wondering about whether or not theyre satanic you probably shouldnt listen to them. Either that or just stay completely unaware of the meaning behind their songs. But no, theyre not satanic. Theyre European.

Eatem Alive
02-05-2006, 12:26 AM
Theyre European.
no...they are armenian. one born in hollywood, one born in armenia and two born in lebanon.

Kyle.Kimber
02-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Um... If youre wondering about whether or not theyre satanic you probably shouldnt listen to them. Either that or just stay completely unaware of the meaning behind their songs. But no, theyre not satanic. Theyre European.

No, like when you play a song backwards and it has messages in it. Like Led Zep

kosmo
02-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Yeah thats it, Armenian. I couldnt remember what country it was, thought it was some eastern bloc whatchamajigger.

Edit: Wikipedia says Armenia is European, and it is indeed a member of the European Council. Fun fact- Armenia was the first Christian country, adopting it officially in AD 301.

Rudz
02-05-2006, 01:27 AM
system own...and byob is a kickass song..

psychowarden
02-05-2006, 02:40 AM
Wait, since when has System of a Down been hardcore? Get Lamb of God or Powerman 5000, now thats hardcore.

hardr0ck68
02-05-2006, 03:33 AM
Wait, since when has System of a Down been hardcore? Get Lamb of God or Powerman 5000, now thats hardcore.

Powerman5000 wouldent exist if it wernt for Rob Zombie.... If it wasent for the family connections they wouldent have even gotten the 15 minutes they had on mtv.

as for System...yeah they rock; its nice to hear music with some kind of message.

Automaggot68
02-05-2006, 04:52 AM
Lamb of God isn't hardcore, they're Metal.

PM5K is just...meh.

I personally don't care for SOAD, they're not technical enough for me.
Also, It gets annoying when the entire albums get to be nothign but political commentary.

gimp
02-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Also, It gets annoying when the entire albums get to be nothign but political commentary.

Agreed. Way to political. I personally think they're idiots, but satanic. No way. Just retarded. The music is good, but it's not hardcore. You can't go wrong with their self titled album.

Oh, and if your afraid to listen to stairway then that sucks, because that song rocks! :headbang:

mr.mag218
02-05-2006, 12:07 PM
powerman 5000 is in no way shape or form hardcore when compared to lamb of god. lamb of god would kill them if they got into a fight. and even more so then LOG, dying fetus.

Cow hunter
02-05-2006, 01:06 PM
system of a down arent satanic, just anti-government,

gimp
02-05-2006, 01:45 PM
powerman 5000 is in no way shape or form hardcore when compared to lamb of god. lamb of god would kill them if they got into a fight. and even more so then LOG, dying fetus.

hahaha yeah! Dying fetus. those guys rock! :headbang: They're looking for a new drummer now I think, then hopefully a new album this year.

bam wannabe
02-05-2006, 02:25 PM
what is the main difference between hardcore, and heavy music? seriously... like, a lot of people consider static-x to be really hardcore, but then some people say slipknot is hardcore... when they are actually heavy (keep in mind im referring to old slipknot, not the newer cd). point is, what determines the difference between heavy and hardcore?

as for SOAD, they are no way near satanic. but their new cd's have been sucking. toxicity was their best, and i hate the voice of the guitarist. keep him from singing! its so high pitched and annoying

gimp
02-05-2006, 03:45 PM
I don't really know. I always considered Heavy Metal to be a pretty big category. I think of different types of heavy metal, like thrash, death, grindcore, industrial, etc. I've always thought of hardcore as more of a punk rock type style. Very heavy punk music I guess.

Static-X is almost industrial I think. Slipknot is alternative/nu-metal. None of this is based on any fact, just what I've always thought.

edit - I think slipknot is actually considered Metalcore.

Automaggot68
02-05-2006, 04:40 PM
I all just depends on who you ask.
I've listened to alot of 'hardcore' bands that broder on some pretty heavy metal.
So long as YOU like it, it doesn't matter what other people think.
Like I said, I dont care for SOAD, but Ithat doesn't mean they suck by any degree.
They have a huge following-they must be doing something right.

Cow hunter
02-05-2006, 08:30 PM
No, like when you play a song backwards and it has messages in it. Like Led Zep
exactly which songs? i wanna see...... and does anyone know how to play those songs backwards

Gunther_mag_user
02-05-2006, 08:42 PM
http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm

Kyle.Kimber
02-05-2006, 09:32 PM

Hardcore for me......

Kyle.Kimber
02-05-2006, 09:33 PM
exactly which songs? i wanna see...... and does anyone know how to play those songs backwards

Stairway to Heaven

mr.mag218
02-05-2006, 10:12 PM
what is it supposed to be saying?

oneworld
02-05-2006, 11:00 PM
didnt read much of above. i fear it would lead me to flame. so if this has been said. sorry..

i like system of a down. probaly my favorite band right now. but..

there new song. sad day i belive its called. does dissapoint me some.. not as good as there rest. (but still good)

Kai
02-05-2006, 11:19 PM
System of a Down isn't very good.

Satanic or not, I would probably stop listening to them.

Glickman
02-06-2006, 01:23 AM
if you think they are satanic just take a look at their lyrics

they are just political satirists.

maybe thats the word your looking for.

personally i like their music because its funny liberal sometimes although i do agree they get too political somtimes. others are just up for interpretation, and could just be life events.

this is from one of their more popular ones, B.Y.O.B (bring your own bombs)
Barbarisms by Barbaras
With pointed heels
Victorious victories kneel
For brand new spankin' deals

Marching forward hypocritic and
Hypnotic computers
You depend on our protection
Yet you feed us lies from the tablecloth

Everybody's going to the party have a real good time
Dancing in the desert blowing up the sunshine

Kneeling roses disappearing into
Moses' dry mouth
Breaking into Fort Knox stealing
Our intentions

Hangers sitting dripped in oil
Crying freedom
Handed to obsoletion
Still you feed us lies from the tablecloth

Vex
02-06-2006, 01:40 AM
This is how serious I am......... I played all the music backwards to see if there was subliminal messages. I didn't want it to end up like STAIR WAY TO HEAVEN.
I suppose you think that the lyrics to "Louie, Louie" are X-rated as well...

Where exactly are you getting your information? How old are you?

Glickman
02-06-2006, 01:47 AM
I suppose you think that the lyrics to "Louie, Louie" are X-rated as well...

Where exactly are you getting your information? How old are you?

oh noes!

a band talks about the government coverups and they sound angry!

someone get the church!

sol tank
02-06-2006, 04:17 AM
if you want some good music check out wintersun. Im so in love with them.

Vex
02-06-2006, 08:42 AM
oh noes!

a band talks about the government coverups and they sound angry!

someone get the church!
I'm confused. Are you poking fun at me?

Not like it matters; I was just curious.

Pacifist_Farmer
02-06-2006, 08:50 AM
PM5K good band, SOAD, slipknot excellent bands.

I don't regard any of these as hardcore.

I always thought hardcore was another name for thrash metal, I guess its just been pussified since I was a kid.

Kai
02-06-2006, 12:10 PM
PM5K good band, SOAD, slipknot excellent bands.

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahah ahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahah ahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahah ahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahah ahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahah ahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHah ahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahaha hHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahaha hahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahaha hahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahaha hahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahaha hahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahaha hahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHa hahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahah ahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahah ahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahah ahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahah ahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahah ahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahah ahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahH ahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahaha hahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahaha hahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahaha hahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahaha hahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahaha hahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHaha hahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahah HahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahah ahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahah ahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahah ahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahah ahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahah ahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHah ahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahaha hHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahaha hahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahaha hahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahaha hahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahaha hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!

That was a good joke!!!

Hee hee hee!

Oh man, I'm tearing up. =)

Pacifist_Farmer
02-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Do you have anything constructive to add to the conversation or are you just going to be a tool.

Cow hunter
02-06-2006, 03:56 PM
if you think they are satanic just take a look at their lyrics

they are just political satirists.

maybe thats the word your looking for.

personally i like their music because its funny liberal sometimes although i do agree they get too political somtimes. others are just up for interpretation, and could just be life events.

this is from one of their more popular ones, B.Y.O.B (bring your own bombs)
Barbarisms by Barbaras
With pointed heels
Victorious victories kneel
For brand new spankin' deals

Marching forward hypocritic and
Hypnotic computers
You depend on our protection
Yet you feed us lies from the tablecloth

Everybody's going to the party have a real good time
Dancing in the desert blowing up the sunshine

Kneeling roses disappearing into
Moses' dry mouth
Breaking into Fort Knox stealing
Our intentions

Hangers sitting dripped in oil
Crying freedom
Handed to obsoletion

mmhmmm and you missed a few goo lines like;

"Hangers sitting dripped in oil
Crying freedom
Handed to obsoletion

Blast off
It's party time
And we don't live in a fascist nation

Blast off
It's party time
And where the **** are you?

Where the **** are you?x2

Why don't presidents fight the war?
Why do they always send the poor?x2

Why do they always send the poor?x3"

someone asked what the led zpllin songs said, and it sounds EXACTLY like "my sweet satan" in one of the phrases backwards.....

Kai
02-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Do you have anything constructive to add to the conversation or are you just going to be a tool.

?

Glickman
02-06-2006, 05:45 PM
I'm confused. Are you poking fun at me?

Not like it matters; I was just curious.

nah i was agreeing with you poking fun at kyle ;)

InfinatyBPS
02-10-2006, 02:48 AM
I'm a huge SOAD fan. I have every album and listen to them all the time. I will admit that their music has changed every album, maybe some don't like it but I think that they're just experimenting, we know they can play some heavy crap, if they want to go poppy, then let them. I appreciate every one of their songs, even lonely day.

Vex
02-10-2006, 03:16 AM
nah i was agreeing with you poking fun at kyle ;)
Gotcha. ;)

Kai
02-10-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm a huge SOAD fan. I have every album and listen to them all the time. I will admit that their music has changed every album, maybe some don't like it but I think that they're just experimenting, we know they can play some heavy crap, if they want to go poppy, then let them. I appreciate every one of their songs, even lonely day.

Your opinion is very important.

Target Practice
02-10-2006, 12:47 PM
More like System of a Down Syndrome

Automaggot68
02-10-2006, 12:48 PM
More like System of a Down Syndrome
u sed ud stop makin fun uf me :(

REDRT
02-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Ok, I am listening to this group. And I don't really listen to music like this because I think its a little hardcore. I am wondering, is this group satanic? If not, I am gonna keep listening.

I don't believe they are satanic. My grandma on mothers side thought the Stones were satanic. It is all a matter of view point and opinions. "Hardcore" bands I think sing and do what they do more for show and gimmics to sell their product. Real satanism I'd expect wouldn't be so obvious. As to playing music backwards. I think if one is to get any clear dialog it is most likely anomaly and not done on purpose.

Automaggot68
02-10-2006, 04:57 PM
I don't believe they are satanic. My grandma on mothers side thought the Stones were satanic. It is all a matter of view point and opinions. "Hardcore" bands I think sing and do what they do more for show and gimmics to sell their product. Real satanism I'd expect wouldn't be so obvious. As to playing music backwards. I think if one is to get any clear dialog it is most likely anomaly and not done on purpose.

I am a practicing LeVay Theorist, and you'd be surprised how Satanism is different from what the media and most [ignorant] people portray or otherwise believe it to be.
They're not satanic.

Cow hunter
02-10-2006, 05:19 PM
my friend who is uber led zepplin obsessed, has all of their records and says played backwards you can also hear "this song was written for satan" and elsewhere "he beat us in a shed".... im thinking thats a little more than crazy

Automaggot68
02-10-2006, 05:22 PM
my friend who is uber led zepplin obsessed, has all of their records and says played backwards you can also hear "this song was written for satan" and elsewhere "he beat us in a shed".... im thinking thats a little more than crazy

more like, beat us off in a shed, HAHA AM I RIGHT GUYS?

warpig13
02-10-2006, 05:37 PM
HahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahah ahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahah ahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahah ahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahah ahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahah ahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHah ahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahaha hHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahaha hahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahaha hahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahaha hahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahaha hahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahaha hahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHa hahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahah ahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahah ahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahah ahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahah ahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahah ahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahah ahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahH ahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahaha hahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahaha hahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahaha hahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahaha hahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahaha hahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHaha hahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahah HahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahah ahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahah ahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahah ahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahah ahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahah ahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHah ahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahaha hHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahaha hahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahaha hahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahaha hahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahaha hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!

That was a good joke!!!

Hee hee hee!

Oh man, I'm tearing up. =)

come on slipknot is a good band :headbang:

Automaggot68
02-10-2006, 05:42 PM
come on slipknot is a good band :headbang:

No they're not :headbang:

warpig13
02-10-2006, 05:56 PM
No they're not :headbang:

im liking the mockery with the headbang :headbang:

Automaggot68
02-10-2006, 06:06 PM
im liking the mockery with the headbang :headbang:
It's what I do.

:headbang:

SCpoloRicker
02-10-2006, 07:56 PM
ill hurt u physically, ill hurt u lyically
cuz this fight already done
cuz son i already done won
better get up off the ground and ask some 1

ill play u like a pawn
and when im done..poof ur gone
so go ahead and bring it on

im comin from the west coast
better believe im gonna brag and boast
cuz one wrong move and ur toast

/hail Satan!1one

RoadDawg
02-14-2006, 12:43 AM
system of a down arent satanic, just anti-government,

No... they just don't agree with how our gov't is run. They don't like war, want the Armanian genocide to be declared a genocide but due to our relations with the country involved we won't *thanks Bill*, think mother nature is beautiful (as it should be) and not torn apart and stripped of it's natural wonder, *Need I go on*?

They are in no way satanic. If you even question that, don't listen. For those that are complaining about it being too political... listen to it, you might learn something new. Several successful bands have been very political over the years: RATM, U2 (don't like the music myself), Audioslave are some examples.

Slipknot is in no way a band. They were masks because they are afraid to be seen in public as the geeks they are. Also PM5K is a soundtrack band. One or two good songs an album, and most of them go on movie soundtracks.

Vex
02-14-2006, 02:56 AM
I am a practicing LeVay Theorist, and you'd be surprised how Satanism is different from what the media and most [ignorant] people portray or otherwise believe it to be.

Ah yes, smite me on one cheek, and I'll smash you on the other!

Most Satanists are homosexual (not saying that you are, Maggot). They think that there is a much deeper meaning to their lives than there really is. It's all about glorified/justified greed and immediate self-gratification.
Live for the moment and if someone tries to slow you down, then destroy them.

Yada, yada, yada... YAWN.

Automaggot68
02-14-2006, 02:58 AM

Most Satanists are homosexual (not saying that you are, Maggot). They think that there is a much deeper meaning to their lives than there really is. It's all about glorified/justified greed and immediate self-gratification.

And you proved my Point.
Thank you.

Vex
02-14-2006, 02:59 AM
And you proved my Point.
Thank you.
No problem. Glad to help!

SCpoloRicker
02-14-2006, 07:18 PM

And you proved my Point.
Thank you.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/7978/owlbuttsecks7tu.jpg

warpig13
02-14-2006, 10:15 PM

funny you say that phaze, i always thought 30 yr olds that play with lightsabers were the strange ones :tard:.
every religion and/or group has its faults. For example:
Catholics have no sense of humor and cant take a joke.
Nazis have warped minds
Irish catholics drink alot and have too many kids
Homosexauls are satanists...no wait, satanists are homos...

the list goes on and on...

Glickman
02-14-2006, 10:18 PM
funny you say that phaze, i always thought 30 yr olds that play with lightsabers were the strange ones :tard:.

making fun of my religon?

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/i/smilies/lightsaber.gif

warpig13
02-14-2006, 10:21 PM
making fun of my religon?

just makin fun of some of its followers, thats all.

but for this, i bow down to Master Glickman :hail:

Vex
02-15-2006, 12:58 AM
every religion and/or group has its faults. For example:
Catholics have no sense of humor and cant take a joke.
Nazis have warped minds
Irish catholics drink alot and have too many kids
Homosexauls are satanists...no wait, satanists are homos...

Your examples are stereotypes. I was simply stating a fact about Satanists. While I may have overexaggerated the homo part of it, I'm not wrong about the rest.
Have you taken offense to what I stated? Do you know what a true Satanist is? If you think that they meet in secret to sacrifice goats over a pentagram while listening to Ozzy--then you are very wrong.
Satanism is not about religion. Satanists do not believe in harming animals or children, or anyone else for that matter--unless they (excluding animals and children) try to stop you from attaining your desires. Then you should destroy them.

Anyway, I could go on, but I think that many will fail to see the point.

For the record, I'm not a Satanist; I'm a Jedi, dammit!

Automaggot68
02-15-2006, 01:34 AM
Your examples are stereotypes. I was simply stating a fact about Satanists. While I may have overexaggerated the homo part of it, I'm not wrong about the rest.
Have you taken offense to what I stated? Do you know what a true Satanist is? If you think that they meet in secret to sacrifice goats over a pentagram while listening to Ozzy--then you are very wrong.
Satanism is not about religion. Satanists do not believe in harming animals or children, or anyone else for that matter--unless they (excluding animals and children) try to stop you from attaining your desires. Then you should destroy them.

For the most part, You ARE correct and I have taken no offense.
It just depends on what you want/like/believe in.

Satanism has many sects and variants from the Levay Theorist, to the Fundamentalist, to the Hedonistic blah blah...

Hold on a second, the goat I tied down almost got away.

Ok, back. He'll make a GREAT present to our Lord.

I have said too much.

Kai
02-15-2006, 01:51 AM

Satanism has many sects and variants from the Levay Theorist, to the Fundamentalist, to the Hedonistic blah blah...

I have said too much.

OUR CEREMONIES ARE TO BE KEPT A SECRET, DEREK, GOD.

Automaggot68
02-15-2006, 02:09 AM
OUR CEREMONIES ARE TO BE KEPT A SECRET, DEREK, GOD.
http://www.makeup-fx.com/images/abuse.jpg

Vex
02-15-2006, 02:23 AM

I have said too much.
I wasn't addressing that towards you, Maggot--it was directed at warpig13.
However, I refrain from getting too deep into this discussion with those who choose to remain close-minded and believe whatever is fed to them by individuals in standard clerical positions.

That last statement was directed at whomever will take offense to it... :rolleyes:

Automaggot68
02-15-2006, 02:32 AM
I wasn't addressing that towards you, Maggot--it was directed at warpig13.
However, I refrain from getting too deep into this discussion with those who choose to remain close-minded and believe whatever is fed to them by individuals in standard clerical positions.

That last statement was directed at whomever will take offense to it... :rolleyes:

Oh no no, I was just agreeing, and helping with your point.
Didn't mean for the misunderstanding :p

Vex
02-15-2006, 02:36 AM
Oh no no, I was just agreeing, and helping with your point.
Didn't mean for the misunderstanding :p
S'cool, bro. :headbang:

warpig13
02-15-2006, 08:31 AM

never said you were a satanist, and i know my examples are stereotypes. this was simply because i was makin fun of the fact that people always have something bad to say about another religion and/or group. i am not a satanist, so i have know reason to be offended by what you said. i know satanists, and SOMe of them do act the way you descripted satanist, while others just look at it as a personal preference of belief, and dont even talk about it.

just needed something to poke fun at, thats all.
and on that note, i dont know anybody who cant like star wars enough...including me

Vex
02-17-2006, 02:31 AM
never said you were a satanist, and i know my examples are stereotypes. this was simply because i was makin fun of the fact that people always have something bad to say about another religion and/or group. i am not a satanist, so i have know reason to be offended by what you said. i know satanists, and SOMe of them do act the way you descripted satanist, while others just look at it as a personal preference of belief, and dont even talk about it.

just needed something to poke fun at, thats all.
and on that note, i dont know anybody who cant like star wars enough...including me
Don't worry about it. Everyone needs a good ol' ribbing now and then! :D

Star Wars > everything!