PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on perfect accuracy

i-luv-my-rt
12-13-2001, 08:02 PM
Ok now guys i want you to take this somewhat serious because in many ways it makes sense.

I've noticed in many tourneys that when i get awesome paint match that i can watch a straight stream consistently miss my target(left side). SO i end up having to jiggle my gun to get a wider spread knowing one will hit the opponent. This works good in most occasions.

I've also noticed that in tourney's were the paint doesnt always match, I get more kills while snapshooting(right side). But I loss the accuracy when say a pack or hopper is sticking out.

My theory is based on the theory of using spred shot in a shotgun. The object(fowl or clays) is so small that one small object(a slug/bullet) would be very hard to hit it. So they have the bird shot with 100's of bb's in it to widen the spread and make your odds better. This also goes down to the rof case. More paint in the air more chances that one will hit your target.

I feel my theory has a good principle but i would never give up having good paint/bore match for this theory. Let me hear your thought and flames if you feel neccesary. Thanks Guys!!!

deded
12-13-2001, 08:14 PM
Right now I'm getting a 'wide enough' spread with my boomstick.

I think I'd rather be consistantly left or right then all over the map.

The thing is that the picture you drew on the right is a little different than the picture I see when I'm shooting. The spread is much wider.

So I'd rather be always missing left, because there is a solution. (aim right)

Where as shooting all over the place, the only solution is to shoot more, until he gets hit or hides.

Thats just my experience (maybe I just need a new barrel)