PDA

View Full Version : MacDev Max Attack Question

M98Punk
02-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Hey everybody,

I just picked up a 68/4500 MacDev Max Attack Series 2 Tank, I got it mostly because I wanted a 68/4500 bottle to get put on a 45Flatline Reg so I didn't ask much at all about the reg. But now that I've got it, I'm curious about them. I checked on MacDev's site and didn't see them so I'm wondering if they were good for high or low pressure operation (or both) and where I would have to look to get a rebuild kid for the reg, I was told that it leaks. Thanks for the help!

SpecialBlend2786
02-06-2006, 02:48 AM
The Max Attacks are older MacDev regs, some of the first that they came out with for paintball use which is why they are not listed on the website. From what I remember, the Max Attacks were adjustable, and should be good for both high and low pressure markers. Gramps and Grizzly, the MacDev distributer on the West Cost tested them on an Emag and they worked fine.

EDIT: Leaking, don't know about that. i remember hearing that they had a special adapter that was needed for filling because of the 4500psi capacity, which was fairly new. Rebuild kits...dunno, you can try calling Gramps and Grizzly's Outpost at (951) 359-4859, or you can email macdev at [email protected]. Also try emailing PBKingdom, another MacDev dealer in the US. you can get ahold of them at [email protected]. Good Luck

M98Punk
02-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks! So now my brother got me all worried...do you know if the threads for the tank are a weird size? Something I can prolly just ask the Macdev guys but while I'm here might as well ask

StygShore
02-06-2006, 02:03 PM
I used to use MAc Dev systems on my setups until I went back to a Automag.

They dont really have the high end pressures to run the mags. And that tab was a PITA! to turn on sometimes when you did have the pressure cranked up all the way.

Other than that, very good tanks when I used them on my autocockers.

Tank threads should be the same on that and the flatline.

Styg

M98Punk
02-06-2006, 04:43 PM
From what I have learned, the Max Attack tanks work at high and low pressure it was the conquests that were only good up to like 8 or 900

SpecialBlend2786
02-06-2006, 05:28 PM
From what I have learned, the Max Attack tanks work at high and low pressure it was the conquests that were only good up to like 8 or 900

Yeah, the Conquests operated at a pretty small range, making them unsuitable for Automags. MacDev started to focus on the bushmaster and cocker market around that time, which didn't need the 850+ pressures that most mags need.

The Max Attacks worked though.

UTDragun
02-07-2006, 09:56 AM
conquest goes to about 650

GT
02-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Max attacks use a different spring. My understanding is that they are very simliar in design to the older conquest. Wouldn't suprise me if they took the same parts kits.