PDA

View Full Version : Alien PB

7Infamous7
02-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Has anyone on here hear/had any experience or any pro and cons about alien markers? Any anyone reckon their worth it? $595 for a marker that can keep up with timmys, shockers etc (on pbnation :rolleyes: )

SpitFire1299
02-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Ive seen one before, but thats all. I actually am curious about them too. I asked the owner of it , if he likes it, and he said "its alright." Then i asked him if he chopps, and he said "No, never."

Im guessing its a decent gun.. but for ~$600.. I would rather get a gun that more people know about. :D

Chronobreak
02-06-2006, 03:21 PM
its all hype, stick with something you can get parts for , and the company wont eb outta biz a year later

7Infamous7
02-06-2006, 04:08 PM
How do you know there gonna be out of buisness a year later? Just cos there a new company? Not meaning to sound rude at all but can we please only have replies from people who have had experience with these markers

cheers

Pyroboy597
02-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Just head over to PB nation and watch a few videos to make a judgement for yourself :P

7Infamous7
02-06-2006, 04:28 PM
AHA! never thought of that one. will do :D

thanks

electriceel125
02-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Never shot an alien, although i hear they are pretty nice. If i were you i would look into an 05 borg. paintball kingdom still have them for $650. I know for a fact that they can keep up with anything out and surpass most.

SpecialBlend2786
02-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Never shot an alien, although i hear they are pretty nice. If i were you i would look into an 05 borg. paintball kingdom still have them for $650. I know for a fact that they can keep up with anything out and surpass most.

wise words

magman007
02-06-2006, 06:39 PM
i wont buy one of their markers, the owner of the company, Jack Rice, is full of hype and apparently never took highschool physics.

He was once quoted saying that the dm series wasnt as accurate as the older matrix series, because the air has to take more turns before it gets to the ball.

not to mention, he is using was boards. So baisically, you have the two biggest hype mongers in the industry, in one marker.

Also, do you want something built overseas? because thats where jack manufacturers his products.

rkjunior303
02-06-2006, 06:45 PM
wise words

i second that.

i bought an older borg as a backup, while i wait for my dm6 and i'm debating even buying the dm6. (coming from dm4's and vikings)

camilion705
02-06-2006, 06:54 PM
I tested the Alien Interceptor at 04 San Diego NPPL and I ripped off a halo into the firing area but the last couple balls chopped. The owner of the comapny proceeded to say, "F***! Your not supposed to shoot it like that!" I walked the trigger at about 12 bps and the gun chopped... Clearly I was the problem...

Cow hunter
02-06-2006, 07:06 PM
correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure alien is older than a year....... its in greg hastings pb(the first one)...... and i remember reading about one alien that had the feedneck all the way at the back of it, and it looked deformed

SpecialBlend2786
02-06-2006, 07:15 PM
correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure alien is older than a year....... its in greg hastings pb(the first one)...... and i remember reading about one alien that had the feedneck all the way at the back of it, and it looked deformed

Yeah, Alien PB has been around for awhile, the marker with the feedneck all the way at the back was actually their first marker, called the Alien.

And rkjunior303, I say you just slap a Tadao board in your 'borg and leave it at that :cool:

fullofpaint
02-06-2006, 08:27 PM
My local store has one, pretty nice marker, I've been debating myself if I should pick it up. They shoot real nice, the basic matinece of the gun is very similar to timmy's but easier IMO. I'm not a fan of WAS but TAG makes a replacment board for it, I haven;t seen it personally but I my teamate used to play with a guy who jhad the TAG board and supposedly it's very nice.

and plus the Hurricanes will be have PL Interceptors this year :) though I've heard rumors the Hurra gun may be a whole new marker.

minimag03
02-06-2006, 09:33 PM
It doesn't matter about the hype they are putting out. The marker still shoots very nice either way. I don't seem Alien going anywhere for awhile, but I don't think they will ever grow into a large company.

Mind'sEye
02-06-2006, 09:55 PM
The NE Hurricanes will be shooting the Alien Remains until their signature gun is released during the 2006 season. I have owned an Interceptor for about a month now. I can't really say much about Jack Rice other than he has answered my emails promptly and that his claims about the sweep valve and sweep bolt remain highly unsubstantiated. IMO the gun is no more accurate than any other. I can understand that this and other claims that he has made might turn a lot of people off. It's too bad because all in all it's a great little gun. It's relatively light and compact, but with good hand to hand spacing. The 85 degree grip is comfortable for me. Fit and finish are very good. The wiring and LPR tube routing is excellent. It's very easy to break down and put back together. Jim Drew may be another blowhard but the WAS board is top notch. The Interceptor is very fast and I've not chopped a ball yet........... It probably needs an aftermarket LPR out of the box. The stock one seems to have had issues. I have nothing bad to say about this gun. LOL, it was a Christmas present from my son, A-Tach-One. I like it's "odd" look. I expect the Interceptor will remain in my collection for quite a while.

WARPED1
02-07-2006, 03:05 PM
its all hype, stick with something you can get parts for , and the company wont eb outta biz a year later
Alien PB has been around like 5 years. Just never "broke out". I think parts'll be easy to get.

viper_ssc
02-07-2006, 10:38 PM
I have an interceptor, have had it for about 9 months or so. Well it has never worked properly when needed to. I went out back, shot it and tested it, seemed to be working fine, then every time I took it to the field either the LPR creeped insanely, incredible shootdown, valve leaks, solenoid/ram leaks, electrical problems. The sweep valve is also pure hype and bs, I saw absolutely no difference between this thing and my shocker.

PaintballSmurf13
02-08-2006, 03:03 AM
the company's been around for awhile now... ive even shot two different prototypes over the years.... i shot their first gun a long time ago and i shot the new Alien Remains just last sunday. Very impressive gun. I'll probably pick one up after they are released.

It's high quality. And if i remember correctly, they were even used exclusively by XS NRG ...the XSV semi-pro team.

AND the Alien Remains are going to be shot by NE Hurricanes the 06 season and they will have their own special edition coming out soon.

So... this IS a reputable company...

but when you're talking about pricey guns...it's really all about preferance.

Just do your homework on all the guns you're considering. Look at the pros and cons. And shoot as many guns as you can to get a feel for them.

Ryan

Ratzo
02-08-2006, 09:50 AM
I want one of the deformed Aliens! :D

Steelrat
02-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Sad news. Jack Rice just announced on the PBN forum that his wife passed away. :(

68magOwner
02-08-2006, 06:34 PM
apparently, the alien markers have some sort of funny shaped outlet on the bolt face which applies backspin to the ball (im assuming somewhat similar to the old bolts produced by worm products, but, apparently done right). I have heard that that actually works, preety nifty. Never shot one myself though.

Automaggot68
02-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Sad news. Jack Rice just announced on the PBN forum that his wife passed away. :(
Aww man that's lame. :(

andrewlax120
05-07-2006, 01:33 PM
i loved mine it was amzingly amazing

onedude36
05-07-2006, 04:34 PM
apparently, the alien markers have some sort of funny shaped outlet on the bolt face which applies backspin to the ball (im assuming somewhat similar to the old bolts produced by worm products, but, apparently done right). I have heard that that actually works, preety nifty. Never shot one myself though.
I have a problem with that though. Z-bodys had the same concept of creating backspin in the breech instead of the flatline curved barrel concept. In order for one of the z-bodys to work well, you needed a huge bore barrel(someone said some absurd number like .700), the aliens were shooting normal sized barrels why is this gun any different? How can this gun create spin in a small bore barrel when a z-body cant? I dont buy it.

thefool
05-07-2006, 08:16 PM
not to hijack this thread, but...

i have a race'd custom annod and milled merlin... should i trade for an 05 ceptor? or get a milled vike with me adding some.