PDA

View Full Version : Ao Mega-meet?

FooTemps
12-13-2001, 08:54 PM
This is the last one I will post in a while, I'm gonna see who likes the idea and who doesn't. This is a poll on if you will like it or not... Just remember to keep this and the other MEGA-MEET threads up so we can get this idea going...

FooTemps
12-13-2001, 09:23 PM
UP! Please vote!

nutz
12-13-2001, 09:42 PM
it would be GREAT if every AO member came... atleast from the US and Candia

headcase
12-13-2001, 09:59 PM
That would be great, but the chances of everyone traveling the required distance isn't very good. Worst case is about 3000 miles or so(if it was held on one of the coasts), which is at least a two day drive. I've done 1000 in a day by myself and that was pushing it.

Later
SSDD

bond1313
12-13-2001, 10:17 PM
It would be a great I dea if we could do it in the northern central us, so its about a even drive for every one. We should look into organizing groups of a particular state like north south and renting buses and driving that way. It is very cheap that way I believe it was 50 bucks a person if the bus has 40 or more, for a 7 day trip. That not bad at all, maybe we could look into a campground. If we can decide on a date we can work it out, maybe they can rent the whole thing to us for cheap. Prob. around 15 a night and it would be all ao users. This could work out great if planned well.

FooTemps
12-13-2001, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by bond1313
It would be a great I dea if we could do it in the northern central us, so its about a even drive for every one. We should look into organizing groups of a particular state like north south and renting buses and driving that way. It is very cheap that way I believe it was 50 bucks a person if the bus has 40 or more, for a 7 day trip. That not bad at all, maybe we could look into a campground. If we can decide on a date we can work it out, maybe they can rent the whole thing to us for cheap. Prob. around 15 a night and it would be all ao users. This could work out great if planned well.

It looks like someone's got a good idea.....:D

Don't doubt the idea until we've got the idea going more...

FooTemps
12-14-2001, 12:25 AM
upupup!

bond1313
12-14-2001, 06:34 AM
The only other thing I would say is 2002 is way out of the question, if we are going to do it 2003 or 2004 is better, depends who steps up to help. I will need time to plan everything(or someone else can do it) and make reservations. Sometime in April would be good not sure though, like maybe 2 days after Easter. It would be could for every on I hope, or before Easter when all the college kids have spring break. Most of us high schoolers can miss a few days, and most people should be able to get of work if we give them a few months advance warning. The question is WHERE would we do it, the place has to be able to hold a few hundred people maybe a thousand, who knows. The last question is what kind of paint, I was thinks something in the mid-level, like zap performance or big ball. I know that the companies have sponsored other things and paint was as cheap as 25 a case, if we could get that it would be great. I shall begin calling around, we will need a few more dedicated people to help. I would like to hear toms opinion on this plan..more people to step up and help

PsychoMag
12-14-2001, 04:08 PM
meet at the IAO in Pittsburgh