PDA

View Full Version : ICD Alley Cat?

SPECK
02-06-2006, 09:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ICD-ALLEY-CAT_W0QQitemZ7215869076QQcategoryZ16048QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

When were these released?
How much were they new?

Are they nice?

Never even heard of them.

Dave

minimag03
02-06-2006, 09:27 PM
They are just a blow back marker. If I'm correct they are just a cheap version of ICD's Puma and Bobcat markers.

SPECK
02-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Wow, I am curious as to when these date back to.

StygShore
02-06-2006, 09:33 PM
These were lower end versions of the Puma. They date back to around 10-12 years ago.

wow I feel old....

Styg

SPECK
02-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Wow, and this one is NIB...I would have been tempted to shoot it after 12 years of it sitting there. :)

Coralis
02-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Heres a link to vintage rex with some information on the alley cat

Alley Cat (http://www.vintagerex.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=viewmarker&marker=Alley%20Cat&man=Indian%20Creek%20Designs)

RoadDawg
02-07-2006, 12:49 AM
I used to own one back in the day. Things were pretty tough and even tougher to find any type of add-on part for. In fact, for the 6 years that I owned it, I never upgraded a part (not even a barrel) and lubed it about once every year and it works still to this day (friend has it now).

FYI... I didn't look at the price or the picture in the ebay ad.

siloseven
02-07-2006, 06:08 AM
These were lower end versions of the Puma. They date back to around 10-12 years ago.

wow I feel old....

Styg

Your not the only one, I remember those when I was looking for my first marker going to be 9 years ago in may.

but it is possable to find New In Box stuff, it is rare, but possable. guys I go to were "cleaning house" they had a classic RT in the box that the field owner used once, and one of the guys he was playing agenst liked it and was going to buy it but never came back for it and it was forgotten about. and they found it and was shocked to see it!

the sad part is, the "kids" that WORKED there, did not know what it was!! at all and that blew me away.

but after half a decade it was still ready to rock :shooting:

awilli234life
02-07-2006, 10:56 AM
i have a body to a icd desert fox from what i can see it looks like a automag style gun

craltal
02-07-2006, 11:44 AM
i have a body to a icd desert fox from what i can see it looks like a automag style gun

Desert fox is a different animal (excuse the pun). The cats are blow-backs while the fox does operate similar to an automag.

StygShore
02-07-2006, 12:09 PM
I actually was one of the original testers for the Desert Fox. It was out a little before it's time. They were horrible on CO2, but I imagine they ripped on N2.

Originally they had a ball bearing inside the valve that had some serious sealing issues. They made a teeeny tiny cup seal to use inside the valve, I tested that for about 6 months, and then the desert fox idea kinda faded for them. Not sure if it eventualy became the premise for the Freestyle or not.

When it worked, it was an incredible gun.... but it was a paperweight more often than not.

Styg

craltal
02-07-2006, 12:14 PM
replacing the regulator works wonders for the production versions of the foxes.

/end hijack

peewee
02-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Thunder cay , alley cat about the same. Great blowback! I got to shoot one of the first Thundercats the owner of ICD's kid played on our team. It was a beta marker with what appeared to be a plastic bolt. The bolt didnt hold up & they switched to delrin. I sold my sons alley cat about two years ago (he's still mad at me). Check out ICD for info. Some parts are still around but its getting harder to get some of the unique valve parts.

awilli234life
02-12-2006, 10:20 PM
would anyone want that body? to the desert fox?