PDA

View Full Version : Updating Airgun.com

Snooky
12-13-2001, 09:08 PM
I was at www.airgun.com and i noticed how badly it needed to be updated in my opion. I recently was inquiering about an automag RT pro and it didnt have the information about the intelliframes on um. the other thing i could see as helpful is putting pictures of every type of stock gun they make like each color and p/f and centerfeed. I think this would be very helpful i hope someone who is in charge of the website can find this usefull and can make the changes as they see fit. Thanx again.

AGD
12-13-2001, 10:29 PM
Snooky,

Airgun.com was originally designed in such a way that it makes it really hard to change things. Each page with the menu for instance is a separate graphic. Change one and you have to go change them all. AO is our spot for breaking news and info. We will redo airgun.com early next year.

Sorry,

AGD

datapimp69
12-13-2001, 10:47 PM
Tom,

im a web designer/network engineer and would love to redo your web site in a framework that you could easily update it when ever you want.

this would help by me being able to upgrade your site and have it done before the time that you would even be able to start it.

and would make it easier for you to maintain it.

correct me if im wrong but I think you host both this site and the airgun.com site at your offices. so you have the freedom to design the site however you want. and what ever backend you want to use.

and I think it goes without saying that you wouldn't have to pay me in cash, just product and support.

please let me know, this is a project that I would love to dive into.

it's the kind of stuff I "get my rocks off on".

reply here or e-mail me at mailto:willk69@hotmail.com

datapimp69
12-15-2001, 09:51 PM
up for tom

xmetal2001
12-16-2001, 12:21 AM
hmmm..last time someone tried to do that shartley gave him a lecture about some rule about something..ssooo..i don't reccomend it

AGD
12-16-2001, 01:38 AM
Data,

Thanks for the offer but we have that covered with our regular people.

Thanks for the offer though!

AGD

shartley
12-16-2001, 06:43 AM
xmetal2001
You are correct. ;) I am glad that you remembered though. :D

datapimp69
What xmetal2001 was referring to is that soliciting for work is not the purpose of AO... even if only done in a "helpful" or genuinely "concerned" manner. It just opens up way too many cans of worms. I am sure you understand.

Of course there ARE the classic methods of contact and solicitation, and I always recommend them.. but they don't involve pitches in a public forum. ;) I think I will leave it at that... (mark it on your calendar... LOL)

Here is a good one that covers that issue...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16495

datapimp69
12-17-2001, 10:42 AM
well I had on idea,

I wont do it again. was just trying to help. now I know

datapimp69 <---- shoots himself in the foot for being bad

synreal
12-17-2001, 10:45 AM
heh, i remember that one, synreal vs. shartley (round 1) ;)

shartley
12-17-2001, 10:47 AM
LOL No harm done... well none but to your foot (depending on your choice of footwear). ;)

Oh..... MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone, and a HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON... whichever holidays you may celebrate. :D